Where do you see FedEx in 5 years? (ISP specifically, but not limited)

Exec32

True. Contractor relations guy was here talking about contractors getting drivers from barber shops and buying lunch at fire stations to get applicants. I looked at him and said, “Does this job really suck that much? People really don’t have any desire to work here at all, do they?”
You freakin' crack me up. I would of loved to witnessed that absurd suggestion by Con-crack Relations. Like that

bacha29

True. Contractor relations guy was here talking about contractors getting drivers from barber shops and buying lunch at fire stations to get applicants. I looked at him and said, “Does this job really suck that much? People really don’t have any desire to work here at all, do they?”
I too would have payed for the opportunity to have witnessed that event. Another clear example of how truly clueless those CR crackers really are. What paid city fireman getting good wages OT and one of the best pension and benefit plans to found anywhere is going to leave that to go lug boxes for a X contractor?

But I can see where they would be good candidates for the job when you consider the fact that what they would be dragging up the stairs would be about the same size and weight as the big heifers they have to carry down the stairs.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just because YOU don’t understand......

I understand that people saw something different and offered up all sorts of speculation on what changes were coming. Those changes didn't come. There's not much there to misunderstand.

12yearsaslave

To the original question:
Model will stay. It's obviously extremely profitable. That's why amazon went same way.
Two ways of the model developing.
We either get most if not all of smartpost back once the USPS hikes up the rates. Which in turn will drive down our per package income, but in general will significantly improve volume/density.
Or, we lose most of small stuff to USPS, Amazon or UPS (once they sign) and become a furniture/chewy delivery company.
So take your bet at which trucks to buy.
PS 7 days obviously.

Bounty

Management has been changing lately. Not really sure what to make of it.
It means something is coming down the pipe and it’s going to be stuffed down your throat. And you will sign whatever it is they put in front of you and like it. Like you always have.

bbsam

Staff member
It means something is coming down the pipe and it’s going to be stuffed down your throat. And you will sign whatever it is they put in front of you and like it. Like you always have.
You’ve been hateful for a long time. Why?

bbsam

Staff member
It’s not hate. It just sickens me how you you really believe you are independent. I just can’t believe that anyone could be so clueless. I’m just trying to enlighten you....you’re welcome
You’re wrong. I’m just clued into how business and the law view “independent”.

bacha29

Yep. And with the SCOTUS backing the use of arbitration recently, it’s even more cemented.
They may have backed it but did they issue any rules as to the form and structure of how an arbitration case is to be litigated? You know things done in the interest of fairness and "equal justice for all" such as X for decades having reserved to right to unilaterally choose and install the people who will comprise the arbitration panel. Good luck winning a case with the matter all ready decided before the first piece of evidence is even offered.

bbsam

Staff member
They may have backed it but did they issue any rules as to the form and structure of how an arbitration case is to be litigated? You know things done in the interest of fairness and "equal justice for all" such as X for decades having reserved to right to unilaterally choose and install the people who will comprise the arbitration panel. Good luck winning a case with the matter all ready decided before the first piece of evidence is even offered.
Yeah. That’s kinda the point I was making.