Where is the posting about the Div. manager memo wanting old drivers forced out?

20_years_in

The internal memo you "read" was proprietary and could cost you your job if you photocopied it or transmitted the document . Just because a memo is laying out in the open on someones desk doesnt make it ok to touch, pickup, photocopy, transmit, broadcast or in any other way handle.

Hopefully, those of you in nor cal who handled this private internal document cannot be traced or your in a lot of trouble.

As far as management moves, Noel M has been making moves all over the state and this move has nothing to do with the document in question.

Peace.

I agree 100%. It was printed by the intended recipient, highlighted a little, used for a PCM and then left out in the open in our center for over 24 hours!
I have no idea why the intended recipient (say, the center manager, for purposes of this discussion) did not take it back into his office. I think that every single employee read it. I did see people photocopying it (which I would not do for at least two obvious reasons). It was discussed among the drivers extensively. Maybe the recipient left it out as an incentive for us to not run over 2.00+ hours.
I agree that if something is not intended for you then you should not read it; if something like that is left out, especially when parts of it are highlighted, it sure has a way of piquing our curiosity, though. And curiosity killed the cat!
My point which I continue to make ad nauseum is that if you work as instructed and never do anything wrong (e.g. call in sick when you're not, be late, stop complete a package when you're not at that address, photocopy and take home UPS communications, have marijuana in your system, lie even the smallest amount, etc.), then you are in a good position to keep the job and cash those pension checks. My retirement is so close I can taste it. A driving job is very precise, so I just work as instructed and whatever the management does, whether it is with integrity or dishonesty, is out of my control.
I don't know who Noel M. is but the moves he made seem to have helped my cause so far. Like I said, hopefully our new DM will call for integrity and honesty. And hopefully my fellow drivers will follow the methods and not take shortcuts (which I believe to be unsafe).

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I agree 100%. It was printed by the intended recipient, highlighted a little, used for a PCM and then left out in the open in our center for over 24 hours!
I have no idea why the intended recipient (say, the center manager, for purposes of this discussion) did not take it back into his office. I think that every single employee read it. I did see people photocopying it (which I would not do for at least two obvious reasons). It was discussed among the drivers extensively. Maybe the recipient left it out as an incentive for us to not run over 2.00+ hours.
I agree that if something is not intended for you then you should not read it; if something like that is left out, especially when parts of it are highlighted, it sure has a way of piquing our curiosity, though. And curiosity killed the cat!
My point which I continue to make ad nauseum is that if you work as instructed and never do anything wrong (e.g. call in sick when you're not, be late, stop complete a package when you're not at that address, photocopy and take home UPS communications, have marijuana in your system, lie even the smallest amount, etc.), then you are in a good position to keep the job and cash those pension checks. My retirement is so close I can taste it. A driving job is very precise, so I just work as instructed and whatever the management does, whether it is with integrity or dishonesty, is out of my control.
I don't know who Noel M. is but the moves he made seem to have helped my cause so far. Like I said, hopefully our new DM will call for integrity and honesty. And hopefully my fellow drivers will follow the methods and not take shortcuts (which I believe to be unsafe).

Noel M. is the regional manager for everything from SLO down to San Diego. Any internal document generated by UPS is private and confidential. Even if the document is left out, no should ever touch, handle or photocopy the document. Its an immediate ground for termination.

Word to the wise.

peace.

20_years_in

Noel M. is the regional manager for everything from SLO down to San Diego. Any internal document generated by UPS is private and confidential. Even if the document is left out, no should ever touch, handle or photocopy the document. Its an immediate ground for termination.

Word to the wise.

peace.

Oh, OK. I am guessing that SLO stands for San Luis Obispo. We are closer to the North Bay, near Oakland.
Good advice about not reading other people's documents, however interesting they may be.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If someone leaves an Internal documenton the coffee table and I stop to grab coffee on my way into work, I will read it if I so choose. I don't give two crackers if, oh my, it's a bad thing to do. Leaving an internal document that is not meant fir everyones eyes in a spot where everyones eyes will see it is intentional. So, I will oblige whomever left it by letting MY little ol' eyes read it. If someone wants to take me upstairs over it, I will remember not to take you, TOS, with me. I will walk out with my head high and ABSOLUTELY nothing happening. Be sure of that!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think i said it very clearly, and maybe youre not getting it? I said, you can read it, glancing or otherwise, but you CANT photocopy, handle, transmit, broadcast, reproduce or pick up the document and pass it to another.

This would be grounds for termination. The information contained in the memo/email is private and proprietary.

I never said you couldnt read it while laying in plain view, you just cant do anything with it.

The entire office is the property of UPS, whether or not its on the center manager's desk or the OMS desk. That whole area is company property. You cant even take pictures inside a UPS facility.

Sheesh.

Peace.

raceanoncr

If someone leaves an Internal documenton the coffee table and I stop to grab coffee on my way into work, I will read it if I so choose. I don't give two crackers if, oh my, it's a bad thing to do. Leaving an internal document that is not meant fir everyones eyes in a spot where everyones eyes will see it is intentional. So, I will oblige whomever left it by letting MY little ol' eyes read it. If someone wants to take me upstairs over it, I will remember not to take you, TOS, with me. I will walk out with my head high and ABSOLUTELY nothing happening. Be sure of that!

I think that if the memo was left out that long, it was because they wanted everyone to read it.

I think i said it very clearly, and maybe youre not getting it? I said, you can read it, glancing or otherwise, but you CANT photocopy, handle, transmit, broadcast, reproduce or pick up the document and pass it to another.

This would be grounds for termination. The information contained in the memo/email is private and proprietary.

I never said you couldnt read it while laying in plain view, you just cant do anything with it.

The entire office is the property of UPS, whether or not its on the center manager's desk or the OMS desk. That whole area is company property. You cant even take pictures inside a UPS facility.

Sheesh.

Peace.

Wow, mentoyou and Over! How'd it feel to get spanked by an America-hating girl?

menotyou

bella amicizia
If I was spanked, I certainly didn't feel it. If someone in management intentionally leaves an internal document out for us to read and it states something that my union will want, I will photocopy, take a picture, broadcast or do anything I damn well please. That is what whomever wants done or they wouldn't have left the document out to begin with. And, don't sit there telling us all how much better you are then, at least, me, and expect me to respect your holiness. Who cares who you know. I know all the players in my area, but you don't see me puffing my chest about it. If you are so special you have to tell us your resume, how special are you really?

trickpony1

Trick,

While I appreciate your standing up for CONFESSED KILLERS, your cause is a silly one. Those in leavenworth were given a chance to plead guilty or not guilty. When evidence was presented to them, they had a choice, plead guilty and escape the death penalty, on the other hand, i would have preferred they stood trial and recieved their just due for killing innocent human beings.

This I will not stand for.

There are more than 87 soldiers incarcerated for crimes on the battlefield. Good luck with that quest.

These men you weep for benefitted from the most fairest system in the world. IN any other country, they would have been placed in front of a firing squad.

Good luck on your quest.

Peace.

"....your cause is a silly one."
Really?
What do you call the mastermind of the PanAm/Lockerbie bombing being released for "health" reasons to return home to a hero's welcome?
What do you call the mastermind of Sept 11 still not being brought to trial?
What do you call the detainees at Gitmo still not being brought to trial?
You can call it whatever you want but most reasonable people would refer to it as "....pandering to and appeasing the Muslim nation".
The Leavenworth Ten were brought to trial in a very expiditious manner.

OOPS!...I almost forgot. If you haven't heard, SEAL TEAM SIX murdered an unarmed man and woman but nothing happened to them.
According to your past logic, all members of that mission should have felony murder charges filed against them and sentenced to 10-15 years in Leavenworth....but they weren't.
So, I ask you, oh exaulted one, what's the difference between SEAL TEAM SIX and The Leavenworth Ten?

I don't need any smart ass answers like "4".
Squirm your way out of this one.
We are anxiously waiting.........

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"....your cause is a silly one."
Really?
What do you call the mastermind of the PanAm/Lockerbie bombing being released for "health" reasons to return home to a hero's welcome?
What do you call the mastermind of Sept 11 still not being brought to trial?
What do you call the detainees at Gitmo still not being brought to trial?
You can call it whatever you want but most reasonable people would refer to it as "....pandering to and appeasing the Muslim nation".
The Leavenworth Ten were brought to trial in a very expiditious manner.

OOPS!...I almost forgot. If you haven't heard, SEAL TEAM SIX murdered an unarmed man and woman but nothing happened to them.
According to your past logic, all members of that mission should have felony murder charges filed against them and sentenced to 10-15 years in Leavenworth....but they weren't.
So, I ask you, oh exaulted one, what's the difference between SEAL TEAM SIX and The Leavenworth Ten?

I don't need any smart ass answers like "4".
Squirm your way out of this one.
We are anxiously waiting.........

Sometimes its hard for me to determine if you serious or delirious? I know they both end in "ious" but both have a different meaning. Ill tell you what, rather than hijacking this thread, why dont you resurect your original thread from the FAIL graveyard in current events and we can continue the conversation there.

You were owned on your original thread and if your intention is to keep sounding foolish, then pull out the thread and give it some life.

I and many others have no sympathy for convicted killers who CONFESSED and pled GUILTY to their crimes.

Justice was served and served hot.

Resurect your original post and I will post further information on each case for the leavenworth 10 for all to see.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sometimes its hard for me to determine if you serious or delirious? I know they both end in "ious" but both have a different meaning. Ill tell you what, rather than hijacking this thread, why dont you resurect your original thread from the FAIL graveyard in current events and we can continue the conversation there.

You were owned on your original thread and if your intention is to keep sounding foolish, then pull out the thread and give it some life.

I and many others have no sympathy for convicted killers who CONFESSED and pled GUILTY to their crimes.

Justice was served and served hot.

Resurect your original post and I will post further information on each case for the leavenworth 10 for all to see.

Peace.
But, you'll probably find that your pres has sympathy for snake oil salesman and will probably pardon Rod B. (Bloggo)

iowa boy

political pardons are just a part of the presidents duties... just ASK SCOOTER LIBBY.

Peace.

I'm not 100% sure that the commutation of Scooter's prison sentence but keeping the other parts of the conviction intact, including the felony convictions that are part of his record for the rest of his life, should be considered a pardon. Just my two cents.