Where the 1.7B is Coming From

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Very simply...from us. And that shouldn't surprise anyone. Fred is spending big money right now on new aircraft, different vehicles, and new technology. And he is saving big money by screwing us over with the increased cost of crap benefits, eliminating all shift and position premiums and very probably NOT giving any raises this year. All of this is "justified" because we are a company "in-crisis". Never mind that most of the problems and wasted spending were caused by mis-management. We, the hourlies, are going to be the source of Fred's 1.7B in cuts because short of slowing down or sitting down, we cannot fight back.

I'm hearing of lots of stations getting new Sprinters and/or Nissans, with the W700's going out to pasture. Buyouts, 757 conversions, 767 and 777 purchases, and DRA will cost billions, and the savings new aircraft and vehicles represent won't be realized for a long time. In fact, discarding the W700 fleet well before it's projected 20-year lifespan will result in a net loss of revenue.

That leaves us to absorb the brunt of Fred's plan. Has there been any mention of upper management having their exorbitant pay and benefits modified? NO. Or has there been any move to reign-in the costs of our high-dollar pilot workforce? NO.

We are like a convoy of Taliban plodding across the desert with a fleet of drones circling above us, just waiting to get blasted into oblivion. Except Fred will do it bit-by-bit, picking-off a truck at a time. We can stop and fight the best we can, or we can just keep driving, until there's nothing left.

If this company really wants to save some money, start at the top, then work down. The waste, idiotic decisions, and poorly spent dollars all originate in Memphis.

vantexan

Very simply...from us. And that shouldn't surprise anyone. Fred is spending big money right now on new aircraft, different vehicles, and new technology. And he is saving big money by screwing us over with the increased cost of crap benefits, eliminating all shift and position premiums and very probably NOT giving any raises this year. All of this is "justified" because we are a company "in-crisis". Never mind that most of the problems and wasted spending were caused by mis-management. We, the hourlies, are going to be the source of Fred's 1.7B in cuts because short of slowing down or sitting down, we cannot fight back.

I'm hearing of lots of stations getting new Sprinters and/or Nissans, with the W700's going out to pasture. Buyouts, 757 conversions, 767 and 777 purchases, and DRA will cost billions, and the savings new aircraft and vehicles represent won't be realized for a long time. In fact, discarding the W700 fleet well before it's projected 20-year lifespan will result in a net loss of revenue.

That leaves us to absorb the brunt of Fred's plan. Has there been any mention of upper management having their exorbitant pay and benefits modified? NO. Or has there been any move to reign-in the costs of our high-dollar pilot workforce? NO.

We are like a convoy of Taliban plodding across the desert with a fleet of drones circling above us, just waiting to get blasted into oblivion. Except Fred will do it bit-by-bit, picking-off a truck at a time. We can stop and fight the best we can, or we can just keep driving, until there's nothing left.

If this company really wants to save some money, start at the top, then work down. The waste, idiotic decisions, and poorly spent dollars all originate in Memphis.

No, we are NOT like the Taliban...

packageguy

UPS will front you guys the money, don't worry we are among friends... UPS has money burning a hole in there pocket....

Slave101

There are so many idiots who make big $$ that don't do anything. It drives me crazy because mngmnt is always after ft couriers cutting hours. How about someone in Memphis wakes up and starts "cleaning" up. Enough is enough

thedownhillEXPRESS

Van you can be whichever oppressed people you wish.

An Indian,
Palestinian
Jew
Early 20th century Irish coal miner
Romanian Gypsie
An Alien
A human on an Alien planet
A White man in Obamas America....... hahaha.........
etc...
etc...........

It doesnt matter , we are being destroyed by Fred

bbsam

Staff member
Rush's revenge! The angry middle aged white guy finally found someone else to savage...other middle aged white guys!

bbsam

Staff member

inside joke, kinda. For decades Rush and his ilk have been the fat cats of society always bitchin' and complaining that they were the downtrodden while in most people's minds they were the greatest opressors. Well, now it's time for right wing of the American political structure to feed upon itself along with all the others. Fred fits the pedigree.

TUT

There are so many idiots who make big $$ that don't do anything. It drives me crazy because mngmnt is always after ft couriers cutting hours. How about someone in Memphis wakes up and starts "cleaning" up. Enough is enough

Isn't that what the buyout is saying. Not that the hourlies aren't taking it in the shorts either. But it looks like they are cleansing Memphis.

vantexan

inside joke, kinda. For decades Rush and his ilk have been the fat cats of society always bitchin' and complaining that they were the downtrodden while in most people's minds they were the greatest opressors. Well, now it's time for right wing of the American political structure to feed upon itself along with all the others. Fred fits the pedigree.

For decades Rush and his ilk have been pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left, playing videos of speeches where Dems like Clinton would say one thing to one crowd, then a few days later say the polar opposite to other constituencies. If anything Rush has caused Dems to be more circumspect. They hate that about him and FOX, not having complete control over their own message as they do with the rest of the Press, convincing the poor their lot would be so much better if they would just support the Dems in their fight against the evil rich. No doubt there are companies that exploit their workers, but most of what we have today in terms of advanced communications, medicine, machinery, etc are due to sharp people getting rich developing such things, not to folks who just want to hang out having a cold one down at the local bar or spending their time watching TV or listening to music(all activities that are making someone else wealthier). I'm not aware of many companies that go to the lengths that FedEx does to pay as little as possible for the work demanded on this large a scale. Most in my experience reward hard work to a point and make it possible to work further up the chain for more rewards without feeling you are personally participating in a system that screws over hundreds of thousands. The biggest problem with Rush is he sees FedEx as a shining example of an American success story, not knowing the back story because FedEx is just as manipulative as certain Democrat politicians. And he's got too big an ego to admit he's wrong about such a company if you ever presented him with the truth.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For decades Rush and his ilk have been pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left, playing videos of speeches where Dems like Clinton would say one thing to one crowd, then a few days later say the polar opposite to other constituencies. If anything Rush has caused Dems to be more circumspect. They hate that about him and FOX, not having complete control over their own message as they do with the rest of the Press, convincing the poor their lot would be so much better if they would just support the Dems in their fight against the evil rich. No doubt there are companies that exploit their workers, but most of what we have today in terms of advanced communications, medicine, machinery, etc are due to sharp people getting rich developing such things, not to folks who just want to hang out having a cold one down at the local bar or spending their time watching TV or listening to music(all activities that are making someone else wealthier). I'm not aware of many companies that go to the lengths that FedEx does to pay as little as possible for the work demanded on this large a scale. Most in my experience reward hard work to a point and make it possible to work further up the chain for more rewards without feeling you are personally participating in a system that screws over hundreds of thousands. The biggest problem with Rush is he sees FedEx as a shining example of an American success story, not knowing the back story because FedEx is just as manipulative as certain Democrat politicians. And he's got too big an ego to admit he's wrong about such a company if you ever presented him with the truth.

Here's where Righties don't get it. Rush doesn't care about the back story. As long as it fits his needs for an example of "American Exceptionalism", "Job Creation" or any of the other GOP myths, he'll hold Fred up as a success story. Facts don't matter, and do you think Rush cares if we get a square deal? if Smith could pay us $3 per hour Rush would be even happier and more proud of Smith.

vantexan

Here's where Righties don't get it. Rush doesn't care about the back story. As long as it fits his needs for an example of "American Exceptionalism", "Job Creation" or any of the other GOP myths, he'll hold Fred up as a success story. Facts don't matter, and do you think Rush cares if we get a square deal? if Smith could pay us $3 per hour Rush would be even happier and more proud of Smith.

Not so and you know it. At least you would if you actually listened to him. And I'm not the biggest Rush fan but I find he's too busy exposing Liberal lies to be too worried about FedEx. And I have heard him say that executive compensation is way out of line with reality and that it was going to bite them eventually. I find listening to him and Hannity and the folks at MSNBC that everyone glosses over the negatives on their side while emphasizing the negatives on the other side. But when it comes to demonizing the other side the Liberal talking heads tend to do much more distorting of the truth. Take the Zimmerman case in Florida where it was thought that a white guy gunned down a black kid. White guy turned out to be Hispanic, the kid wasn't the innocent looking 12 year old that was shown on TV but a tough, big 17 yr old, and MSNBC intentionally edited the 911 call to make Zimmerman sound racist. Too many times I've seen so many lies and distortions on the Left that it's really not required by the Right to do the same, just tell the truth and let it sort itself out. It's why FOX is as popular as it is, people trust them to tell the truth. You may not like the truth, but I rather hear it than always wonder what exactly is really happening.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not so and you know it. At least you would if you actually listened to him. And I'm not the biggest Rush fan but I find he's too busy exposing Liberal lies to be too worried about FedEx. And I have heard him say that executive compensation is way out of line with reality and that it was going to bite them eventually. I find listening to him and Hannity and the folks at MSNBC that everyone glosses over the negatives on their side while emphasizing the negatives on the other side. But when it comes to demonizing the other side the Liberal talking heads tend to do much more distorting of the truth. Take the Zimmerman case in Florida where it was thought that a white guy gunned down a black kid. White guy turned out to be Hispanic, the kid wasn't the innocent looking 12 year old that was shown on TV but a tough, big 17 yr old, and MSNBC intentionally edited the 911 call to make Zimmerman sound racist. Too many times I've seen so many lies and distortions on the Left that it's really not required by the Right to do the same, just tell the truth and let it sort itself out. It's why FOX is as popular as it is, people trust them to tell the truth. You may not like the truth, but I rather hear it than always wonder what exactly is really happening.

I actually do listen to Rush in snippets, and it's usually the same old stuff. Hannity is just as full of it as Rush IMO, but both of them love stories like Smith's, even if it doesn't fit the American Exceptionalism model because Fred was born rich. Do you actually think Rush would disagree with any of the crap Smith is pulling on us right now? He's fully supportive of tyrants like Fred. So is Hannity.

vantexan

I actually do listen to Rush in snippets, and it's usually the same old stuff. Hannity is just as full of it as Rush IMO, but both of them love stories like Smith's, even if it doesn't fit the American Exceptionalism model because Fred was born rich. Do you actually think Rush would disagree with any of the crap Smith is pulling on us right now? He's fully supportive of tyrants like Fred. So is Hannity.

No they aren't and have heard both say so. No doubt they admire the achievers and most likely would downplay the systemic problems, but I have heard them criticize the nation's corporate leaders. However neither are as adamant about it as Bill O'Reilly. And just a few minutes ago a Democrat economist on the O'Reilly Factor, which is being hosted by Laura Ingraham tonight, just laid out clearly the structural problems in our economy, that it's been very good for the corporations and the top 1%, terrible for the middle class, that the jobs being created in retail, for example, only pay around $20k a year, that we need stronger unions. As soon as she heard unions Laura Ingraham started putting his points down, but he actually gave a very good accounting of what is going on and she's very partisan. This is what you get repeatedly on FOX, an obvious conservative bias but alternative views are given and often very heated debate. And all who slam O'Reilly just don't watch him because he gives Obama a lot of leeway, is respectful, and has gone after Republicans pretty viciously at times. But he also goes just as strongly after liberals, and the liberal blogs can't stand it. Overall though, outside of Hannity and Ingraham FOX tends to be pretty even handed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No they aren't and have heard both say so. No doubt they admire the achievers and most likely would downplay the systemic problems, but I have heard them criticize the nation's corporate leaders. However neither are as adamant about it as Bill O'Reilly. And just a few minutes ago a Democrat economist on the O'Reilly Factor, which is being hosted by Laura Ingraham tonight, just laid out clearly the structural problems in our economy, that it's been very good for the corporations and the top 1%, terrible for the middle class, that the jobs being created in retail, for example, only pay around $20k a year, that we need stronger unions. As soon as she heard unions Laura Ingraham started putting his points down, but he actually gave a very good accounting of what is going on and she's very partisan. This is what you get repeatedly on FOX, an obvious conservative bias but alternative views are given and often very heated debate. And all who slam O'Reilly just don't watch him because he gives Obama a lot of leeway, is respectful, and has gone after Republicans pretty viciously at times. But he also goes just as strongly after liberals, and the liberal blogs can't stand it. Overall though, outside of Hannity and Ingraham FOX tends to be pretty even handed.

O'Reilly, Laura, Hannity...zero credibility in my book. FOX is even-handed?

vantexan

O'Reilly, Laura, Hannity...zero credibility in my book. FOX is even-handed?

Compared to their counterpart MSNBC yes they are. I really expected you to be more intellectually open to consider other's point of views and in all honesty you stunt your credibility when you refuse to do so. I think you'd be surprised by O'Reilly's stance on a number of issues. He's not a liberal, but he's more moderate than you believe. Much more.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Isn't that what the buyout is saying. Not that the hourlies aren't taking it in the shorts either. But it looks like they are cleansing Memphis.

I agree with you. They may have finally realized how much dead wood they have in MEM and are finally taking steps to eliminate some of the many useless positions there. Unfortunately, they needed to start at the top and work their way down. MT3 would be a good start.