Where to find a tracked package in Dallas Distribution Warehouse?

Watson

I would really appreciate some help.
A box containing some family mementos belonging to our deceased parents, has gone missing inside the Dallas Warehouse.
This box wouldn’t mean anything to anyone else, but has sentimental items that we can never ever replace.
I live alone overseas and have been calling UPS Customer Service for two weeks - no one ever gives me the same story twice.
Today I got told UPS are no longer looking for our box and have CLOSED THE INVESTIGATION.
After less than a week of me notifying them.

I know the box is in the Dallas distribution centre. It has a tracking number.
It arrived there 14. February at 8.27pm. It did not get delivered to its Dallas destination due to bad weather.
I do not understand why, if the box is in the Warehouse, no one can put it on a truck for delivery? Please can someone help me?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Packages do sometime just disappear.
They get wet and/or damaged and/or the labels fall off.
Some times they end up in pile of some Hold For Future Delivery pallets.
We use a system called PAL.
Which means a special sorting label is attached to the parcel.
Should the wrong PAL be put upon your package it could end up anywhere.
Depending on weather conditions , the daily overflow of parcels not sent out are placed on empty trucks and/or containers.
No one in Mgt wants their center to have bad numbers , we all now they have been faking the numbers for centuries, so they turn a blind eye to some practices.
Saying your case is closed means they are willing to pay out money to have this issue go away.

Watson

Packages do sometime just disappear.
They get wet and/or damaged and/or the labels fall off.
Some times they end up in pile of some Hold For Future Delivery pallets.
We use a system called PAL.
Which means a special sorting label is attached to the parcel.
Should the wrong PAL be put upon your package it could end up anywhere.
Depending on weather conditions , the daily overflow of parcels not sent out are placed on empty trucks and/or containers.
No one in Mgt wants their center to have bad numbers , we all now they have been faking the numbers for centuries, so they turn a blind eye to some practices.
Saying your case is closed means they are willing to pay out money to have this issue go away.
We are not prepared to have this issue go away.
There is no amount of money they could pay us for irreplaceable sentimental family items…. Can you give me advice as to how I get a member of staff to find our package please?

quad decade guy

There is no amount of money they could pay us for irreplaceable sentimental family items…. Can you give me advice as to how I get a member of staff to find our package please?
Call the TV stations and and air your grievances. Protest in front of UPS. Otherwise.....you are out of luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There are a zillion packages that go thru that building if the label is missing it’s gone forever

Poop Head

Judge me.
Im sorry youre having to deal with this. Just terrible. Do you have family in Dallas? Maybe they can go down there in person?

tarbar66

I would say that package was sent to over goods in St. Louis. Go on Twitter to UPS and give a description of the contents. People I know have better luck on Twitter than the 800 number.

Pullman Brown

A box containing some family mementos belonging to our deceased parents, has gone missing inside the Dallas Warehouse.
This box wouldn’t mean anything to anyone else, but has sentimental items that we can never ever replace.
I live alone overseas and have been calling UPS Customer Service for two weeks - no one ever gives me the same story twice.
Today I got told UPS are no longer looking for our box and have CLOSED THE INVESTIGATION.

It arrived there 14. February at 8.27pm. It did not get delivered to its Dallas destination due to bad weather.
I do not understand why, if the box is in the Warehouse, no one can put it on a truck for delivery? Please can someone help
- it’s either gone for good multiple reasons.
- incompetence at that hub, might turn up.
- Louisville Kentucky- lost stuff goes there to be auctioned off. You could call local news. Get on social media and blast UPS. UPS hates bad PR. Somebody usually hops on and tries to help says they will look into it. At least then you’ll know for sure-maybe.

Last edited:

Watson

Thanks to everyone who’s offered help to us trying to find this package at the Dallas Distribution depot on Monroe Dr.
Ibe called UPS every day since 04.March trying to get help.

You just get a different person everyday.
A variety of different ‘facts’

Yesterday, a senior manager at Package investigation told me the Box has been found - 11. March, 3.37pm - and is being held at Dallas Distribution centre pending delivery. They need a US phone number for this.
(I am in Australia)
I have no idea why they can’t find the US (South Carolina) Phone # associated with the tracking number and the Shipping agent.
I gave them my family telephone number in SC.
He also said he would email me a confirmation of 11. March package found details.

My family have had no phone call and I’ve received no email.

I started the phone calls again at 6am Australian Eastern time.
UPS’s US 1866 number was answered in the Philippines.
Philippines confirmed no package was found on 11. March and there is no record of the package being handled after 4. March.

phillipines tell me on 04. March this was at the Dallas Distribution centre on Monroe Dr.
They can help me no further.

I am now on hold and speaking to the Package Investigation Dept.
Package investigation tell me the box was last seen at Dallas Airport on 04. March.
Then, apparently, UPS decided they would close the Investigation into the box they have lost and instead create an Insurance Claim.

None of this was communicated to my family either in writing (email) or phone call.
This is the first I’m hearing about UPS deciding to create an Insurance claim.

i DO NOT need money.
The contents of the box contain items belonging to someone who recently died.
We need the box.

Clearly the box is somewhere in Dallas.
It has a tracking number known to UPS because there is a long record of its movements since 07. February.

Can I please get some advice as to what to do from all of you UPS staff who know this company.
please tell me who can help me.

Do I go to Carol Tomé?
Where is the corporate Head Office for the CEO, COO, CFO?

Thank you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They don’t insure irreplaceable items so…..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks to everyone who’s offered help to us trying to find this package at the Dallas Distribution depot on Monroe Dr.
Ibe called UPS every day since 04.March trying to get help.

You just get a different person everyday.
A variety of different ‘facts’

Yesterday, a senior manager at Package investigation told me the Box has been found - 11. March, 3.37pm - and is being held at Dallas Distribution centre pending delivery. They need a US phone number for this.
(I am in Australia)
I have no idea why they can’t find the US (South Carolina) Phone # associated with the tracking number and the Shipping agent.
I gave them my family telephone number in SC.
He also said he would email me a confirmation of 11. March package found details.

My family have had no phone call and I’ve received no email.

I started the phone calls again at 6am Australian Eastern time.
UPS’s US 1866 number was answered in the Philippines.
Philippines confirmed no package was found on 11. March and there is no record of the package being handled after 4. March.

phillipines tell me on 04. March this was at the Dallas Distribution centre on Monroe Dr.
They can help me no further.

I am now on hold and speaking to the Package Investigation Dept.
Package investigation tell me the box was last seen at Dallas Airport on 04. March.
Then, apparently, UPS decided they would close the Investigation into the box they have lost and instead create an Insurance Claim.

None of this was communicated to my family either in writing (email) or phone call.
This is the first I’m hearing about UPS deciding to create an Insurance claim.

i DO NOT need money.
The contents of the box contain items belonging to someone who recently died.
We need the box.

Clearly the box is somewhere in Dallas.
It has a tracking number known to UPS because there is a long record of its movements since 07. February.

Can I please get some advice as to what to do from all of you UPS staff who know this company.
please tell me who can help me.

Do I go to Carol Tomé?
Where is the corporate Head Office for the CEO, COO, CFO?

Thank you.
55 Glenlake pkwy Atlanta Ga.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I do not understand why, if the box is in the Warehouse, no one can put it on a truck for delivery? Please can someone help me?
Who packed it? Most likely it was damaged. Pack it right and it can survive almost anything. Also, anything valuable, you spend the bucks and send it air.