Where to put the package.......

Southwestern

It's no BS. They were shadowed, instructed to cut across lawns (take the shortest path) and refused -- thus leading to an insubordination offense. At least one has a pending lawsuit.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It's no BS. They were shadowed, instructed to cut across lawns (take the shortest path) and refused -- thus leading to an insubordination offense. At least one has a pending lawsuit.

The company officially tells us to use the driveway and sidewalks, and then fires two drivers for going against company policy? I take the shortest path whenever possible, my feet have too much wear on them already. There are very few consignees that get mad about somebody walking across their yard.

AssistantSanta

Why do News orgs washout certain faces in their videos?

There's the law, then there's the company policy. Even if it's not the law, the latter may cause such a decision.

This was at consignee's house, at the front porch and filmed from inside to outside by the resident, but that delivery guy can certainly go to YouTube, file a invasion of privacy removal request if he finds it bothersome, but the decision will be completely up to YouTube (a Google comapny) 's discretion

If it was the driver taping the consignee, into the house from porch as a guest the situation could be different and expectation of privacy argument could possibly stand.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm surprised by the number of posts criticizing the driver for cutting across the lawn. If the lawn yields the shortest path to the drop-off point, then my center mandates drivers cut across it. If a consumer prefers drivers stay off their lawn, then drivers are instructed to have them contact the company to have their request notated. Two drivers were terminated for refusing to cut across lawns; both filed and failed at state level.
Southwestern,

This is wrong, however it would not surprise me based upon the company and the union.

Can you provide some public information on these cases? Panel hearing date, Docket # or anything that I can review.

To avoid any possible BC TOS violations please PM this information to me.

Sincerely,
I

rod

Retired 22 years
There's the law, then there's the company policy. Even if it's not the law, the latter may cause such a decision.

This was at consignee's house, at the front porch and filmed from inside to outside by the resident, but that delivery guy can certainly go to YouTube, file a invasion of privacy removal request if he finds it bothersome, but the decision will be completely up to YouTube (a Google comapny) 's discretion

If it was the driver taping the consignee, into the house from porch as a guest the situation could be different and expectation of privacy argument could possibly stand.

The driver should have dropped his pants and mooned the guy. Youtube don't do nudity----------unfortunately.:wink2:

AssistantSanta

The driver should have dropped his pants and mooned the guy. Youtube don't do nudity----------unfortunately.:wink2:
It would be hard to dig out of that one if he did that. It would, without a question be a terminable gross misconduct far worse than the original problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am curious if driver could have walked around back and found another spot? I know most don't like to take the extra time, but I would rather do that and avoid this situation. If the only place is out front and very visible, I leave a notice and ask where would you like this package left?? Let the customer decide. I would rather have him post a you-tube of me leaving a notice and being upset about that instead of leaving it out front. This is merely an opinion of a hillbilly.

OK, what have you done with the real What'dyabringmetoday? This is the best answer thus far.

rocket man

its not melting at the time of delivery but that doesnt justify not using a bag. We can put everything in a bag. Remember, expect the unexpected.
what if our driver was delivering a bOX of ice? The dr bag would have melted it we all agreed we didnt know what was in that box

DS

Fenderbender
I have used a dr bag maybe 4 times in 21 years.
I get creative and leave infonotices...front door one says...look on back porch....that one says...look in shed....
that one says ....under rug on front porch...
Seriously though I have done LA volvo,LA barbeque,LA doghouse

AssistantSanta

Seriously though I have done LA volvo,LA barbeque,LA doghouse
CRUNCH.

During my helper orientation, the management people mentioned dog dying because he ate something UPS left. They didn't explain how that got settled, but I don't get creative. I only put where I was directed to do so.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
While I dont dispute the need to follow proper DR methods...particularly with obviously high-dollar items...the brutal reality of UPS Peak Season from this day forward is that every single one of us is subject to the same 60-hr per week DOT limit on our hours. It gets to the point that every extra minute I spend trying to "properly" hide, bag and info note a residential DR stop simply means that someone elses package is going to get missed later that night or later that week when I run out of hours. There are going to be shortcuts taken.