Where's all the volume?

bbsam

Staff member
They told me the shift was happening this week. My actual deliveries on Saturday were double what was on the projection report. Who knows what I’ll get on Monday.
Yep. For a company dead set on six day operations, you’d think they could get the analytics going a bit better.

HD219

5 Drivers out of how many routes for your subcontractor? Do they volunteer to be on a 5 day work week instead of 6?
We have 12 HD drivers on my line. (I ended up switching to a different contractor. They still keep HD and ground separate)
We were told 6 day weeks all January. Ended up only having to work one Monday this month. The drivers that are told to stay home are only working 4 day weeks.

Latessss

I’m an express courier. I’ve been averaging ~50 hours per week since September. I have a super cake resi and retail route in the suburbs. Everyone in my loop gets about the same hours. We’re “busy”

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We have 12 HD drivers on my line. (I ended up switching to a different contractor. They still keep HD and ground separate)
We were told 6 day weeks all January. Ended up only having to work one Monday this month. The drivers that are told to stay home are only working 4 day weeks.

I'm with an investor group that has 3 different business names to keep it hush hush from the remaining 3 subcontractors in the terminal so about 60+ drivers in the group.

About a dozen drives the Ford v12 busses, so they can't do a 6 day work week. The majority are in p700s & a few cargo vans that falls over the 10,000 lbs limit.

I'm one of the few with under that weight limit so I can do Mondays if needed. Combining my route with my neighbor route will put me over the 200 mile day, but it's easy work with no business pickups... yet

OrioN

Doh, my bad... v10 Ford engines

Light again. Done by 1800

Cold weather not slowing me down since our plow drivers did an excellent job turning the black top into salty white roads,LoL.

I warned the FedEx mechanic to stock up on blue water.

Star B

White Lightening
I warned the FedEx mechanic to stock up on blue water.

Dude, when they start needing blue juice inside the trucks, you need to find a new job. I mean, while it makes on the road stinkies a little nicer, that's what weather bags are for.

OrioN

I dunno, blue water has alcohol so the fluid won't freeze, right?

I volunteer to use yellow water, since it won't cost the investor group any $

but I don't drink alcohol, so it would probably freeze in the washer fluid reservoir...

Still running around in shorts though

dex 84

I'm with an investor group that has 3 different business names to keep it hush hush from the remaining 3 subcontractors in the terminal so about 60+ drivers in the group.

About a dozen drives the Ford v12 busses, so they can't do a 6 day work week. The majority are in p700s & a few cargo vans that falls over the 10,000 lbs limit.

I'm one of the few with under that weight limit so I can do Mondays if needed. Combining my route with my neighbor route will put me over the 200 mile day, but it's easy work with no business pickups... yet

You can work 6 days under DOT guidelines as long as you average 11 hrs 40 mins or under. Are your days really that long that those with larger vehicles will hit 70?

OrioN

Yup, I'm a bit over 12 hours on some days.

It's that "rural"

Those others have an hour or so to get to their first stop & they're not gonna cheat the on duty time on their scanners anymore due to the new management

No stress, customers love me, area knowledge and I can do my route effortlessly.

The only con is the new management. They make or break this job.

Wish they can leave me alone as I serviced these same customers close to 4 years now...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wish they can leave me alone as I serviced these same customers close to 4 years now...
I serviced the same area for nearly 15 and the know-it-all management would try to pull certain crap all the time. They did not know let alone understand the area and same for my customers. I just ignored them until the next time, then repeat.

Fred hates the idea of any courier control. I call that paranoia.

bacha29

Since volume is the topic here's my experience this past week. Express called me over to talk. The advertised job was Saturdays and Mondays. When I got over there what I was told was something completely different. What they wanted was somebody ( obviously preferably younger) who knew the area very well but would NOT be guaranteed any minimum weekly hours no benefits, their primary income source came from someplace other than X , was willing to spend every waking moment with their cell phone strapped to them and still be able to drop whatever it was they were doing at that moment and answer their every beckon call. ......It was everything I could do to keep a straight face.......So all I can say to them is......good luck finding that guy.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Since volume is the topic here's my experience this past week. Express called me over to talk. The advertised job was Saturdays and Mondays. When I got over there what I was told was something completely different. What they wanted was somebody ( obviously preferably younger) who knew the area very well but would NOT be guaranteed any minimum weekly hours no benefits, their primary income source came from someplace other than X , was willing to spend every waking moment with their cell phone strapped to them and still be able to drop whatever it was they were doing at that moment and answer their every beckon call. ......It was everything I could do to keep a straight face.......So all I can say to them is......good luck finding that guy.
I hope

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's exactly the method UPS used for seasonal employees here during Peak. Call in, get a meeting location, drive there, run packages, return to vehicle, clock out, go home, wait weeks for paycheck, hope it's correct because the 'co-ordinator' left for a better job. Grandkids won't make THAT mistake again!