Where's all the volume?

bacha29

Sounds like the Quest contractors. Replacements for the old "casuals", but I really don't think it's gonna work out as well for Express.
It would appear that Quest Staffing Services a third party "rent a grunt" now has it's foot in the door at Fedex Express. As the "old guard" retires and goes quietly into the night expect Quest to do everything it can to expand it's presence especially if it can prove itself able to find people who will work twice as hard for half the money....... and needless to say ground contractors have been able to do it in most markets for quite awhile now.

Oldfart

Since volume is the topic here's my experience this past week. Express called me over to talk. The advertised job was Saturdays and Mondays. When I got over there what I was told was something completely different. What they wanted was somebody ( obviously preferably younger) who knew the area very well but would NOT be guaranteed any minimum weekly hours no benefits, their primary income source came from someplace other than X , was willing to spend every waking moment with their cell phone strapped to them and still be able to drop whatever it was they were doing at that moment and answer their every beckon call. ......It was everything I could do to keep a straight face.......So all I can say to them is......good luck finding that guy.
Once they met you, they knew better

bacha29

Did you tell them that they can't brainwash you because you've nothing to wash?
In seeing that efforts to do so would prove futile no matter how many times they sent me to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy there was no point in offering employment It's people like you who are products of a sheltered upbringing and therefore are much more impressionable and easily manipulated are the people they want.