White Woke Liberals Racist Views of Blacks

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My great grandfather came to this country from Sicily to the Boston area , which was heavily against Italians since it was heavily Irish. He was able to make it. My grandfather and father was able to achieve the American dream also thru hard work.

Like most Italians , Irish, German, French, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Vietnamese, Hmong , Korean , Indians , and other immigrants groups , we all were able to get our acts together within a generation or two.

And Blacks or African Americans if you prefer have been here for over 400 years and they can't?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My great grandfather came to this country from Sicily to the Boston area , which was heavily against Italians since it was heavily Irish. He was able to make it. My grandfather and father was able to achieve the American dream also thru hard work.

Like most Italians , Irish, German, French, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Vietnamese, Hmong , Korean , Indians , and other immigrants groups , we all were able to get our acts together within a generation or two.

And Blacks or African Americans if you prefer have been here for over 400 years and they can't?
The whole thing is these libs truly believe they can't. That is incredibly racist in itself.

Box Ox

"I listened to the protesters, talked with my white friends and read articles and social media posts. What I found was white people overwhelmingly depicting black people as desperate and defeated, with no way to pull themselves out of their misery.

“I understand your point,” a white friend said when I objected to this simplistic narrative. “But don’t you think blacks are being oppressed?”

That’s when I realized that white wokeness is the new factor in our national life. It has been embedded into the consciousness of whites that all blacks are the same and that they all face impossible barriers to improvement — from standardized tests to the black men being arrested on the nightly news. A growing number of whites believe that black life is unrelentingly grim."

Yep. I don't think any of my black friends on here are desperate/defeated and want me to assume a patriarchal caretaker role over them.

I understand what you're saying. But they've only been out of chains for about 155 of those 400 years and only had actual equality of opportunity since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s when real, actual discriminatory practices were outlawed.

The problem for black communities is that it's been 50-60 years since then. And they need to face hard truths if they're ever going to move forward.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just pretend to really care about far left issues. The main thing is for others to think you really care. Offer the money of others as a solution, never your own.
I'm going to liquidate all my assets and turn over proceeds to BLM. Start over and become a millionaire again within 10 years.

Wally

I'm going to liquidate all my assets and turn over proceeds to BLM. Start over and become a millionaire again within 10 years.
You can be like Lebron James. Yell a lot about injustice you see from the mansion, but go totally silent on the slaves making Nike sneakers.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not apologizing for anything. I never owned any slaves. If anything I'm owed an apology because I have a lot of Irish blood in me. The Irish were treated terrible.

refineryworker05

This article is divorced from reality. There is no mass movement that won't have "weird" elements, but what does that have to do with the tremendous societal and political progress blm has achieved? It seems the writer wants to change the subject to white people and nonsense.

In terms of whether "liberal whites" believe black people can make it, why is that important? Seriously, I am black I have never heard any black person say oh man I hope white liberals believe in my humanity.

For the vast vast majority of black Americans political partnering with white Americans is a worst options proposition every time. Take that for what you will, but black Americans at least the ones I know don't give a damn what white people think about our capabilities or humanity. We just want to get ours as Americans, that's it.

Wally

This article is divorced from reality. There is no mass movement that won't have "weird" elements, but what does that have to do with the tremendous societal and political progress blm has achieved? It seems the writer wants to change the subject to white people and nonsense.

In terms of whether "liberal whites" believe black people can make it, why is that important? Seriously, I am black I have never heard any black person say oh man I hope white liberals believe in my humanity.

For the vast vast majority of black Americans political partnering with white Americans is a worst options proposition every time. Take that for what you will, but black Americans at least the ones I know don't give a damn what white people think about our capabilities or humanity. We just want to get ours as Americans, that's it.
What has blm achieved ? You cut police funding and the minority neighborhoods will be hit hard. At least with no cops, we won't have to worry about folks resisting arrest.

refineryworker05

What has blm achieved ? You cut police funding and the minority neighborhoods will be hit hard. At least with no cops, we won't have to worry about folks resisting arrest.
I am sure for many people blm has done nothing or nothing good, so I am not going to waste time pretending those people care about reality where it concerns blm. Carry on.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude

Black wall street

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Someone in BLM should ask the Jews how they overcame slavery and integrated with society without protesting, rioting, and destroying their own neighborhoods.

Might be a lesson there.