who are you going to vote for and why

who are you going to vote for

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wow I can't believe I sat and read this thread, comedy at its finest. I can't believe any of you think the outcome would directly affect YOU. In the end the teamsters will still be corrupt, someone will still get rich as your pension funds dwindle away, money will be embezzled, and you will all continue to pay dues for up-standing representation.

Thats the point I made early in this thread. Those that believe that electing Sandy Pope will effect representaion at local levels dont understand how the system works. IF you have a crappy B.A. right now who cant defend you, electing Sandy Pope wont change anything. That B.A. will still be crappy.

Its time to stop bickering on this thread and encourage everyone to vote and to speak to our coworkers and encourage them to vote. No matter how it comes out, we stand behind the winner and we make the Teamsters a stronger union.

We dont have to convince anyone but ourselves who to vote for. The talking is over. I recieved my ballot, completed it and will send it out tomorrow (tues).

No need to argue about whos best anymore, enough said on that subject. JUST VOTE!

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thats the point I made early in this thread. Those that believe that electing Sandy Pope will effect representaion at local levels dont understand how the system works. IF you have a crappy B.A. right now who cant defend you, electing Sandy Pope wont change anything. That B.A. will still be crappy.

Its time to stop bickering on this thread and encourage everyone to vote and to speak to our coworkers and encourage them to vote. No matter how it comes out, we stand behind the winner and we make the Teamsters a stronger union.

We dont have to convince anyone but ourselves who to vote for. The talking is over. I recieved my ballot, completed it and will send it out tomorrow (tues).

No need to argue about whos best anymore, enough said on that subject. JUST VOTE!

Peace.
"They don't understand..."

Same old M.O. !!!!

mamirk69

Received my ballot today and voted. Not going to sit here and elaborate on who I voted for because I have made that clear throughout this thread. I just hope for one of the biggest turn outs in votes in Teamsters history.

804brown

Received my ballot today and voted. Not going to sit here and elaborate on who I voted for because I have made that clear throughout this thread. I just hope for one of the biggest turn outs in votes in Teamsters history.

Hmmm, a big turn out helps Sandy Pope!! I hope there is big turnout too.

804brown

I received my "vote hoffa/hall" mailer today. It has 3 pictures of members , each with a blurb. Not one speaks of what he did for UPS Teamsters!! LOL Two of the members speak about Hoffa and his speeches about the war on workers (commendable) and the third member attacks Ron Carey (it sounded like something the campaign wrote for him). Amazing he is in 12 yrs and he runs as though it is 1998!!!LOL Hoffa /Hall does not have a good record to run on so they attack their opponents and pray the members dont remember the past 12 years!!

ups clerk

What everyone needs to do is, everyday, go to a fellow worker and simply ask, "Did you get your ballot?" If they say yes, then tell them it is very important that he/she votes---no matter who, but just VOTE!!! I would love to see a record turn out of voters this time around.
For inside workers--Art 22 we have the time and opportunity to talk to people as opposed to drivers, who once they leave their building, they are on their own. So please, tell them to vote. By the way, don't tell them who to vote for. It pisses me off when I go vote for a politician in my city and an electioneer(s) shoves info in my face. To me it is an insult to my intelligence. Same with this election for general president. Just tell your co workers to go out and vote.

frank75

Ok here goes. In 97 we went on strike to save the pensions and create a new full time job creation. We won both and gained thousands of new good paying jobs that people could raise families on. 10 years after the strike what happened?? UPS got out of the CS PEnsion plan. Fred is raising holy hell over it now, last week, today and next week. But were was he in 2007 when it happened??????

We have had grievances over the 22.3 issue on the national panel for over 2.5 years and every time at panel they are put on committee hold. That means the Union agrees to hold it with management until the next panel 3 months later. These cases cant get in front of an arbitrator untill the get deadlocked.

UPS profits are up, IBT Teamster salaries are up, ups Teamster members moral DOWN!!!!! Everyone wins as long as your not a UPS Teamster!!!

That my friends is enough reason to give someone else a shot at running this Union. The go along to get along way that business has been done has to STOP.

A vote for Hoffa is a vote to keep things headed down the same road that we have been going.
I guess you forgot UPS wages, H&W and Pension contributions are up when you threw that slam in about IBT salaries. You blame Hoffa, but vote for Hall. WTF??? Hall negotiated the deals you criticize! I applaud you for paying dues just to vote, I mean that's great stuff, but much of what you attack Hoffa for is off. Hoffa did keep many of Carey's guys, in important positions no less. He may be a lousy leader but he has some ability. Give him a little credit. Anyway I'd vote for Sandy only because she's the brightest of the bunch. If you have a choice, vote for the smartest one.

bigblu 2 you

I guess you forgot UPS wages, H&W and Pension contributions are up when you threw that slam in about IBT salaries. You blame Hoffa, but vote for Hall. WTF??? Hall negotiated the deals you criticize! I applaud you for paying dues just to vote, I mean that's great stuff, but much of what you attack Hoffa for is off. Hoffa did keep many of Carey's guys, in important positions no less. He may be a lousy leader but he has some ability. Give him a little credit. Anyway I'd vote for Sandy only because she's the brightest of the bunch. If you have a choice, vote for the smartest one.
hall also has allowed the panels to lock our grievances and put them on hold,stands silent while harassment is at an all time high and allowed 22.3 to be abused along with more than i care to type out.what im saying is he had a chance to help us and didnt.sandy cant grow a set for him.she might do a good job herself if elected but that slate is a sellout slate.

Fullhouse

Well, I finally made it thorugh the thread. I must add one thing though. nobody came out and cited the laguage that was changed after the ratification. Just a refresher, the 9.5 language was change after ratification. That language definately favored the company! That action alone valaidates to the possibility of renegotiating contracts before experation.

I almost forgot, someone one here stated that there has only been one work stoppage (strike) in the past 100 years. Well, I must dissagree. I remeber the oldtimers telling me, that back in 1976 there was a strike against UPS. I can't remember how long they said it was. Maybe it was a couple of months but don't hold me to it. Anyhow, after it was settled the Union failed to make any gains and settled on what the company offered to begin with.

Hoffa claims that surepost is creating jobs. I hate to say it but it is. The problem is those jobs are part time not full time! I really do not understand why he would settle for part time union dues when he could be collecting Full time dues? Just the other day we had a driver deliver 32 bags of small parcels to 1 post office. Those who who have seen these bags know they can hold many pacakges. I have talked to many drivers that deliver to post offices withing our coverage area. after adding up the estimates they have given me, we are talking about 800-1000 packages a day. So ups hires one partime to help bag up the pagakes and the unions gets 20.00 a month for dues (new hire) instead of 7-10 drivers working to deliver those packages and collecting $490-$900 a month for dues. I almost forgot the new hire is not in the union yet! Ok I'm done ranting!

Inthegame

The strike in 1976 was the first two weeks of May (at least it was in the Central). I'm not sure if much language improved but the wages went up .50, .50 and .65 (three yr book) with a COLA that jacked up the .50 to .74, the second .50 to .72 if my memory is accurate. Not bad considering we went in at less than 7.50 hr. There was no two tier wages and part timers made nearly the full time wage.
The surepost deal really is more defensive for UPS than most understand. FedEx is doing Smartpost causing UPS's customers to demand the same pricing. UPS could say no way but risk losing all the volume from those customers. The post office ought to get out of the parcel business completely and stop subsidizing parcel delivery with first class. Then we'd all live happily ever after.