Who can help with a logo ? Dizzee, maybe ???

klein

Für Meno :)
I spent 10 days working at our city fair (Calgary Stampede that moves to Edmonton 1 week later), and it didn't matter which vendor you went to , it was $4.00 a bottle of water.
It also didn't matter which pizza stand , it was $6.00 a slice.
The only thing that matters is quailty - you make (cook), good products, you'll have more business, and more repeat customers !
I had my favorite french fry vendor for example.

Cost cutting is a lousy way to attract more customers !

#1 rule. Repeat business is the key to success. Rape them once or make love to them time after time.

Sorry, forgot who I was talking to.

klein

Well, just came back from Tony Romas Restuarant and louge.

Took the bill home:
1 25 oz Canadian : $7.00
1 Bud : $4.00
2 Top Sirlion Steaks : $44.00
1 side gravy : $1.00
2 mushrooms : $5.00
1 Strawberry Cheesecake: $4.50

net total : $66.00
GST: $3.30

Total :$ 69.30

tip: $11:70

for a whole total of $80.00 even.

= $80 for 2 people to eat !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, just came back from Tony Romas Restuarant and louge.

Took the bill home:
1 25 oz Canadian : $7.00
1 Bud : $4.00
2 Top Sirlion Steaks : $44.00
1 side gravy : $1.00
2 mushrooms : $5.00
1 Strawberry Cheesecake: $4.50

net total : $66.00
GST: $3.30

Total :$ 69.30

tip: $11:70

for a whole total of $80.00 even.

= $80 for 2 people to eat !

Wow, sucks to live in your area!!

klein

Yeah, the filet mignon steak was $28 piece, too much for me.

Anyways, off to one of my stores that I purchase a lot from. The owner allowed me to set up my stand there on a daily basis.
Next week I have a grand opening event for 3 days at my cabbage roll supplier store.
Be a busy summer :)

My menu today : $4.00 for either 8" All Alberta Beef jumbo dog, or All Alberta Pork German Bockwurst.
$5.00 special for German smoked porkchop with Sauerkraut & bun.

Why are you whining? You went to Tony Romas, one of the more expensive steak houses out there. If you want cheap stick to the Sizzler.

klein

Well, honestly, the very first day at a new location didn't do well. The owner of that store is terrific though - told me to even to turn up my radio to attract more customers. He really wants me to to earn money, because he started out just like I did. Told me stories, too, how he lost money at events, just like I have.

Anyways, gave some free samples to local businesses around my stand - hope it helps.
And a lot of people said my food is great, cheap, excellent, and they will pass it on to thier neighbors - so tomorrow shall be a better day :)

Was 30C outside and a full sunny day - I'm turning into a Mexican colour again ! :)
So, if anything that's a plus :)

Had fun ! :)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Try setting up outside of a mosque next .
I hear they'll be swarming all over you for that All Alberta Pork German Bockwurst.

klein

Try setting up outside of a mosque next .
I hear they'll be swarming all over you for that All Alberta Pork German Bockwurst.

That's the way things are - you need to serve all beef or all pork.
Hindus won't eat beef, Muslims won't eat pork.

Maybe, I should try veggie dogs ? I do get the odd request for 1 of them.

klein

Just finished day 3 at my new daily location (66 Street and 118 avenue).

Well, city work trucks and even city bus drivers are stopping by my stand for a hot dog ! :) (there is plenty of parking for that).
Seen 3 UPS delivery trucks drive by, but none of them stopped :(

Still somewhat slow going, but it's back to school after next long weekend. The store owner thinks, that's when I'll earn good money - from all those schools and students nearby.

Looks like I'll be rained out tomorrow though - it's ok, could use a day off :)

klein

I was going to take the day off tomorrow, because the store that I'm located at is closed Sundays.
But, just when I was packing up for the day, I got approched from the liquor store owner across the street.

They want me to set up my hot dog stand there !
So, I'll give that a shot tomorrow, and they do have much more traffic (more customers), than where I am at.
He, (the owner), thinks I'll earn good money there and be much busier. - I'm hoping he is right !

Anyways, things are looking great - I like to see store owners fighting over me :)
And, I don't pay a cent to be located there, either ! :)

Oh yeah, I started selling corn on the cob today, too. Gave the liqourstore owners free hot buttererd corn.
They thought, wow - excellent ideal to sell corn.

I picked up 20 cobs yesterday for $5.00 at Safeway. Selling them hot & ready to go for $2.00 each or $1.25 for half a cob.

I was going to take the day off tomorrow, because the store that I'm located at is closed Sundays.
But, just when I was packing up for the day, I got approched from the liquor store owner across the street.

They want me to set up my hot dog stand there !
So, I'll give that a shot tomorrow, and they do have much more traffic (more customers), than where I am at.
He, (the owner), thinks I'll earn good money there and be much busier. - I'm hoping he is right !

Anyways, things are looking great - I like to see store owners fighting over me :)
And, I don't pay a cent to be located there, either ! :)

Oh yeah, I started selling corn on the cob today, too. Gave the liqourstore owners free hot buttererd corn.
They thought, wow - excellent ideal to sell corn.

I picked up 20 cobs yesterday for $5.00 at Safeway. Selling them hot & ready to go for $2.00 each or $1.25 for half a cob.

Shouldn't these updates be in the "Kleins so freaking special he has his own thread even though no one else on BC has one of their own" thread?