Who is Obama

paidslave

another source on the subject which has 10 percent paying 70 percent of all taxes:

http://www.heritage.org/research/fe...2008-boc-T4-The-Top-10-Percent-of-Income.html

The Top 10 Percent of Income Earners Paid 70 Percent of Federal Income Tax

The U.S. tax system is highly progressive. The top 1 percent of income earners, by household, paid 39 percent of all federal income taxes in 2005, whereas the bottom 50 percent paid a little over 3 percent. Further, 32 percent of all tax returns filed in 2005 were from people who paid no federal income tax at all.

So your argument that the rich are not paying taxes is not supported by either source.
And if you look at the graphs the top fifty percent of all wage earners pay close to 97 percent of all taxes.

So when Obama speaks of raising taxes guess who is going to pay. It ain't the bottom fifty its us.

Very good due diligence and some very good charts! This is my favorate: Pick out all the Bleeding heart republicans below: Even a peanut farmer spent less than Bush....
All Recent Administrations Ran Up Budget Deficits

Since the 1960s, deficits driven largely by increased levels of spending have been the norm, while surpluses were an exception. The current 2008 deficit projection — 2.9 percent of GDP — is slightly above the 45-year historical average of 2.8 percent of GDP.
Average Federal Deficit as a Percentage of GDP, by Administration

fed-rev-spend-2008-boc-C3-All-Recent-Administrations-Ran-Up.gif

tieguy

Banned
Nice plan! Only if Obama gets in this could happen. If McCain Gets in expect to go into Iran while we are there to clean house!

Now you're talking. Once we take out all the threats in the world we can then turn the world into the liberal love fest orgy you have always dreamed of.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Posted on Jul 27, 2008

Flickr / PetroleumJelliffe
According to the most recent data from the IRS, the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans took home a greater share of the nation’s income in 2006 than in any year of the previous 19. It’s possibly the biggest income disparity Americans have seen since the Great Depression. The average tax rate of the super-rich was at its lowest level in at least 18 years.

Hurray, good going Mr/Bush

I hope you picked the right stocks for your retirement! This is great news for the ecomomy and the stock market!

More misleading language. 2006 was a very strong year economically. The top 1 percent tend to shoulder a larger percentage of the downside during a recession and a percentage of the upside during the good years. You can therefore cherry pick a year that you want to show what you want.

however :

As a result, the U.S. Treasury now mails tax "refunds" to a large proportion of these Americans that exceed the amounts of tax that they actually paid. All in all, the number of tax filers with zero or negative income tax liability rose from 30 million to 40 million, or about 30 percent of all tax filers.[17] The remaining 70 percent of tax filers received lower income tax rates, lower investment taxes, and lower estate taxes from the 2001 legislation.

tieguy

Banned
Very good due diligence and some very good charts! This is my favorate: Pick out all the Bleeding heart republicans below: Even a peanut farmer spent less than Bush....
All Recent Administrations Ran Up Budget Deficits

I have to conceed your point. Even a peanut farmer with no 9/11 and no war spent slightly less then Bush. :happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: 143 Days !!

You couldn't be a new lawyer with 143 days of experience and become a partner in my law firm.

You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after a 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.

BUT....

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a
UnitedState Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of "experience" in the Senate. That's how many days the
Senate was actually in session and working. After 143 days of work "experience," Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World .... 143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public is okay with this and campaigning for him. We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the
United States of America?
Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

UPS Lifer

Subject: 143 Days !!

You couldn't be a new lawyer with 143 days of experience and become a partner in my law firm.

You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after a 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.

BUT....

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a
UnitedState Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of "experience" in the Senate. That's how many days the
Senate was actually in session and working. After 143 days of work "experience," Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World .... 143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public is okay with this and campaigning for him. We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the
United States of America?
Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

That is certainly hard to refute!
Get this....
I would not even consider candidates for part time supervisor without 6 months of experience.....that is 130 days!!!!.

Now if BO wants to apply for a PT supervisor position I am good with that!
:salute:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think it was D. who gave me the site for Michelle Obama's thesis.....it's not there. It says it's temporarily unavailable. ("til after election)

UPS Lifer

I think it was D. who gave me the site for Michelle Obama's thesis.....it's not there. It says it's temporarily unavailable. ("til after election)

There is just one more trust issue. Anything that might be damaging...take it off the web or just say what they want to hear.

Once we get in .... the hidden agenda will take over.... nobody will be able to stop us then. :stalker:

Why were there congressional hearings for Enron? But nothing is said about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Enron is a small fish compared to this debacle. Could it be that they don't want to incriminate themselves? I think so.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never heard of this before......

The term Bradley effect, less commonly called[1] the Wilder effect, refers to a frequently observed discrepancy between voter opinion polls and election outcomes in American political campaigns when a white candidate and a non-white candidate run against each other.[2][3][4] Named for Tom Bradley, an African-American who lost the 1982 California governor's race despite being ahead in voter polls, the Bradley effect refers to a tendency on the part of white voters to tell pollsters that they are undecided or likely to vote for a Black candidate, when, on election day, they vote for his/her white opponent.[5]
One theory for the Bradley effect is that some white voters give inaccurate polling responses for fear that, by stating their true preference, they will appear to the pollster to be racially prejudiced. The reluctance to give accurate polling answers has sometimes extended to post-election exit polls as well. The race of the pollster conducting the interview may be a factor into voters' answers. Some pollsters believe that they do not receive deliberately false answers from white voters. The Bradley effect, these pollsters believe, is caused by pollsters' failure to account for general political leanings among voters who are undecided between Democrats and Republicans.

UPS Lifer

more,

Very interesting but I still believe that some people are just afraid they will be called a racist so they hide the way they are going to vote.

In one of the threads about NASCAR, If I recall correctly, I posted something about getting back to the roots of the sport because I was concerned that it was going the wrong direction... I sarcastically made a reference to either the good ole boys or redneck country... and I had a poster attack me saying I was a racist!

I think in the poster's warped little mind, they associated NASCAR with rednecks and rednecks with racism therefore if I support rednecks I must be a racist!

This is America and what we have to deal with day in and day out.

Bottom line - Come November the Bradley Effect will kick in - you can bet your bottom dollar on that one! AH-Ohhh - I am gong to be called a racist again! YIKES!

over9five

Staff member
Actions do speak louder than words. And that was very callous of Obama. It seems he has no respect for, and probably little understanding of the meaning of 9/11.

over9five

Staff member
You can even see McCain pause as he sees Obama throw the flowers out of the corner of his eye. You can tell McCains thinking, "What the...."

How can anyone have any respect for Obama after seeing that?

tieguy

Banned
B.O. is a youngin' and it's all about HIM !!!

Youth is SO wasted on the young, eh?

I don't know that this is an issue that can be dismissed by his youthfulness. I would not have been so callous at half his age. It comes down to feeling reverance and respect for this memorial. To Obama this ceremony clearly meant nothing to him and he simply tossed his flower to get it done.

over9five

Staff member
It was disgusting. Rude and disgusting. He is lucky to have the biased media on his side so few people will ever view this.
Kinda like when his wife made the "never been proud of my country" remark. Still amazes me how they gave her a pass on that.