Who the hell hired this woman?

SLW

I could tell just by her face that she was a leftest.

. . .

I'd like to know why these CEO's think these are popular platforms to stand on when at least half of your workers will disagree with the politics. It used to be understand that you didn't take political views so public to not alienate your workers.

Sure, yes, being a Leftist and caring about what your workers think . . . two things that are totally possible while being a CEO.

JL 0513

Sure, yes, being a Leftist and caring about what your workers think . . . two things that are totally possible while being a CEO.

So I'm sure if the first thing she talked about out of the gate was the importance of all employees going to church every Sunday, you'd be praising her.

freehoodies

So I'm sure if the first thing she talked about out of the gate was the importance of all employees going to church every Sunday, you'd be praising her.
We would prefer just sticking to work related topics, and staying out of political talk.

But you cant get special favors from politicians if you dont.

SLW

I'm not sure how that follows, but I will never praise her or any CEO. Her job is to squeeze as much labor out of me for as little pay as possible, same as all management. But executives worry about branding and shareholders and whatnot and will unconvincingly parrot whatever performative wokeness (or unwokeness) is in season.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I do, and it's flawed. Do you really believe their time studies?

This is my main problem with bonus. It's unequal pay because the union can't compare standards between routes and grieve inconsistencies. I say let the bonus babies keep their bloated time allowances, I have my ace up my sleeve if they want to play games. All the bonus babies will start crying if I'm forced to play it.

JL 0513

I'm not sure how that follows, but I will never praise her or any CEO. Her job is to squeeze as much labor out of me for as little pay as possible, same as all management. But executives worry about branding and shareholders and whatnot and will unconvincingly parrot whatever performative wokeness (or unwokeness) is in season.

It seems we're more in agreement. My point was to question why a CEO feels it wise to embrace an SJW political narrative that many of us strongly disagree with.

I could see if UPS culture specifically was overrun with racism, then it would be a legitimate issue. But she's taking a current misguided narrative that cops are institutionally racist and going around looking for their next black victim. Nothing could be further from the truth.

freehoodies

There are way too many variables to come up with a good performance pay scale.
Like the seniority system, it won’t be perfect. But it will make things better.

Instead of milking the clock there is an incentive to finish early then go help out someone who's struggling.

25c per package, or 1$ a stop. Whichever pays highest. Flat 1$ bonus per overweight packages on top of that.

But im just spitballing it sounds great but maybe there is a reason it won’t work. Im not married to the idea, but it makes sense to me.

Package Stick

"Send it."
I’d worry less about her loading 3 boxes than the 25 subcontractors on every feeder yard in every hub in America pulling our trailers and running our runs. But that’s just me. Grievances have been filed but no one seems to care, imagine that!

Our feeder drivers, EARN (stupid people say they're "overpaid") the wage they earn, yet don't defend it. Mind-boggling.

WTFm8

Instead of milking the clock there is an incentive to finish early then go help out someone who's struggling.

25c per package, or 1$ a stop. Whichever pays highest. Flat 1$ bonus per overweight packages on top of that.

But im just spitballing it sounds great but maybe there is a reason it won’t work. Im not married to the idea, but it makes sense to me.

We don’t need a bonus system. We need irreg teams so we can walk our package cars and when they’re done they can go do bulk pickups. That will increase SPORH cause we won’t be tripping on the same packages hours on end.

Pottery barn, bicycles, mowers, generators, patio sets, headboards, trampolines, tvs, etc.

Then stops could be bumped up each route

freehoodies

We don’t need a bonus system. We need irreg teams so we can walk our package cars and when they’re done they can go do bulk pickups. That will increase SPORH cause we won’t be tripping on the same packages hours on end.
God that would be nice. The cars can look so manageable and then all those irregs under the belt start going on.

I dont know about you but my stress level is directly tied to how much i can walk through the truck. Every time my foot gets stuck/caught my rage meter fills up.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
It seems we're more in agreement. My point was to question why a CEO feels it wise to embrace an SJW political narrative that many of us strongly disagree with.

I could see if UPS culture specifically was overrun with racism, then it would be a legitimate issue. But she's taking a current misguided narrative that cops are institutionally racist and going around looking for their next black victim. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Kinda like our Union supporting the Dems but the majority of it's members that I know are conservative Republicans.

rustys954rr

That just gives them a reason to pay us less, there are way too many factors out of my control i.e. bad dispatched, accidents, Orion etc. The bonus system does take in account the number of packages and stops. Do you think the company that comes up with forced Orion and PVDs can really make a system that's fair to the driver's? Most of the time I'm just happy if my paycheck is right.