Who Will Own The Room At The Two Man Meeting???

542thruNthru

Speaking of sarcasm....I guess you missed mine?

Humpfff.

giphy-30.gif

cachmeifucan

This is the meeting when they ask what they want and ups finds out if they are for the members or themselves. Or how they can break down the vote local by local and figure out how to trick people into voting yes. And making sure each local is behind this garbage.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
With Sean O and Fred Z already declaring their candidacy for General President and Secretary Treasurer of the IBT in the next General Election, and with consensus predicting that they will win handily, coupled by their disdain for the Master, it will be interesting to see how many locals and their aspiring politicians jump on the bandwagon.

Is there a chance, since the tentative Master agreement has been out for weeks, that enough locals are listening to the membership, that it doesn't make it out of that room???
How many opportunistic officers will see this as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the OZ movement?

Either way, it's setting up to be a hell of a show.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at this meeting on August 9th...
Definitely gonna be some slinging. Definitely not unanimous.

Gimme Danger

Definitely gonna be some slinging. Definitely not unanimous.

There are enough local officers who bow down to the existing crown (and not some hypothetical future crown), to go along to get along. What they do once back home away from the crown to 'sell' the the bad contract is subjective.
Members will decide, and vote it down.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There are enough local officers who bow down to the existing crown (and not some hypothetical future crown), to go along to get along. What they do once back home away from the crown to 'sell' the the bad contract is subjective.
How do we find out how our Local Officials line up, when they "split the room"?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
East coast is dumping that master. At least if I have any say.

F

Frankie's Friend

Don't have to, they already have a meeting scheduled three days later to review the offer here locally, where a high ranking IBT Negotiator will be chairing the meeting.

Sounds like they are on board?
What if their local meeting is an empty room?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I will be attending with the other same twenty that bother to go...During the "97" meeting the attendance was close to 200, been going downhill since then..

I hate that the business agent has to go through the entire contract before you can ask any questions. By the time they are done reading the changes in the Master, Supplements and Rider it is way pass noon and everybody just wants to get out of there for lunch.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This is the meeting when they ask what they want and ups finds out if they are for the members or themselves. Or how they can break down the vote local by local and figure out how to trick people into voting yes. And making sure each local is behind this garbage.

Separating the "Goats from the Sheep"..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How do we find out how our Local Officials line up, when they "split the room"?

You don't, unless they tell you.

I don't think it's going to be that close.

Don't have to, they already have a meeting scheduled three days later to review the offer here locally, where a high ranking IBT Negotiator will be chairing the meeting.

Bet I can guess who that is. :biggrin:

Either the assistant Pkg Division Director, or the Union Chairman for the Central Region.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

I hope we get @Tony Q so he can tell our members that the non ups Teamsters think we're over paid cry babies.

Heck his reverse psychology tactics may get us all in the mood to strike.

And if we're short on drivers he can brown up and show us how it's done.