Who Will Own The Room At The Two Man Meeting???

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
You don't, unless they tell you.

I don't think it's going to be that close.

Bet I can guess who that is. :biggrin:

Either the assistant Pkg Division Director, or the Union Chairman for the Central Region.

-Bug-

My understanding is that even some of the guys that oppose certain language will vote for it to go to the membership because they are the ones who will work under its conditions. In other words, they don't allow their personal preference to decide for everyone else. Would you say that is accurate?

BrownMonk

With Sean O and Fred Z already declaring their candidacy for General President and Secretary Treasurer of the IBT in the next General Election, and with consensus predicting that they will win handily, coupled by their disdain for the Master, it will be interesting to see how many locals and their aspiring politicians jump on the bandwagon.

Is there a chance, since the tentative Master agreement has been out for weeks, that enough locals are listening to the membership, that it doesn't make it out of that room???
How many opportunistic officers will see this as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the OZ movement?

Either way, it's setting up to be a hell of a show.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at this meeting on August 9th...

Hard for them to own that room if they were there everyday during the negotiations IMHO.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
See now where you contradict yourself?

You're probably right though, as it was widely reported that Denis and the Company Negotiator sent much of the time behind closed doors, without the Committee present.
5ckWt1eAmNVUQ.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

And look.... where it got them.
88 more votes and the rider wouldve been voted down for the third time.
Then...
IMPOSITION.

So the members got a 4 year progression into full time work as a trade off for the union getting the healthcare $$$$$$$?

That's what Tony Q posted and he's "in the know".

BrownMonk

See now where you contradict yourself?

You're probably right though, as it was widely reported that Denis and the Company Negotiator sent much of the time behind closed doors, without the Committee present.

I don't think I contradicted myself but I'm a truck driver so I may not have chosen the best words.
My first one was saying that Sean and Fred were in the room so they can't claim no knowledge when they have the meeting in Chicago. The second one was based on reports on Browncafe that he was still there especially since he was in charge of the supplement. My mistake for the confusion.

BTW...I think Sean would have done better

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't think I contradicted myself but I'm a truck driver so I may not have chosen the best words.
My first one was saying that Sean and Fred were in the room so they can't claim no knowledge when they have the meeting in Chicago. The second one was based on reports on Browncafe that he was still there especially since he was in charge of the supplement. My mistake for the confusion.

BTW...I think Sean would have done better
Fred wasn't on the National Negotiating Committee at any point, while Sean was.

By "owning the room", I am referring to when the discussion turns to the floor for questions and statements....and the eventual "vote", which @BigUnionGuy informed us is done by "splitting the room".

I think it will be a show worth seeing.