Whoever you are....you are piece of trash.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
In the surveillance video, you can hear Kelley Beal screaming "stop" as the UPS truck starts going around the school bus.

Driver from my center. Haven't found out who yet but I hope you loose everything. Retirement, pension and all. You bring shame to what we do and 3 kids almost lost their lives due to your carelessness.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
That's a stupid move if you pass a bus with the flashing lights on.
I get worked up because I have kids that ride the bus and 3 kids were killed and a 4th seriously injured a few years ago due to the same stupid thing. Not paying attention. All the lady got was 10 years in prison for killing 3 kids. Just on my route today I watched 3 people fly around a stopped bus on a busy road. Nothing is too important to ignore the bus with stop arm and lights on.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ok I had a few Modelo negras today...

Having one now matter of fact...

But...

I can't tell if the lights are in fact activated...

Helping

The lights were not on...all of our school buses have a electronic gate in the front that lowers when the driver lets the children exit... this one didn’t ...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In the surveillance video, you can hear Kelley Beal screaming "stop" as the UPS truck starts going around the school bus.

Driver from my center. Haven't found out who yet but I hope you loose everything. Retirement, pension and all. You bring shame to what we do and 3 kids almost lost their lives due to your carelessness.
give him a break. he had late air...

badpal

UPS prolly needs to ban that bluetooth stuff a lot of the young guys use. say hi to half of the guys in the building and they pull something out thier ear.

bumped

Since your familiar with the area. Is there an ordinance that the school bus can't use their stop sign and flashing red lights for stops? I used to deliver in a city (600,000 people) that it was illegal for the bus to use the stop sign and lights unless there were no curbs and gravel shoulder. I delivered to a bus company that told me the rules, because I questioned it.

nWo

You have to be aware of your surroundings. Even if the bus's lights weren't flashing there is a mother right there clearly waiting for her children. Get off of your phone and pay attention.

Whither

Scofflaw
I understand your concern for the kids but let's not wish ill on a union brother, especially judging only by this video and the mother's story ... I hope the driver is being honest and the stop arm camera footage mentioned in the article confirms his story. It's plausible but we don't know. But if he's caught in a lie he'll be gone for dishonesty ... whereas you'd think he'd have at least stood a chance a panel even if was reckless. Thankfully no one was injured!!!

nWo

"Beal reached out to the school and police were called. She said an officer stopped the UPS driver in the neighborhood. She said the officer told her the driver thought the bus was having mechanical issues."

Why would he assume mechanical issues? This dude is going to be fired. Probably for dishonesty.

nWo

Driver claims the stop sign wasn't out. School shows evidence that the stop sign was out. And he will be lucky if he is still employed at ups.