Whoever you are....you are piece of trash.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
If the stop arm was not working that’s a failure of the bus driver for not doing a proper Pre Trip. Stop arm and flashing lights on all sides are DOT required.
no surprise there. my kids buses are regularly 30-40 minutes late here because the school district can't hire enough drivers

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
"13News reached out to the McCordsville Police Department about the incident. Major Jim Bell responded, saying the officer spoke with the driver of the vehicle. According to police, the UPS driver told the officer that he did not see the stop arm extended when he went to pass. The driver also stated that when he observed the stop arm out, while passing the bus, he did stop the truck."

So the driver didn't see and then did see the stop arm all within 2 to 3 seconds. Cool story, bro.
Sheeeeet. Plot twist.
Not really...

Conflicting stories only says either he was nervous as hell...

Or the cops report is incorrect...

The news report is incorrect...

Easiest way to solve this...

Were there any citations issued to our boy for driving around said busted ass school bus?

If he didn't get tickets issued then everyone is lying just to make s story.

I still saw no lights and until a video from another angle or inside the bus says otherwise...

We are just all speculating.

Cowboy Mac

So either the UPS driver was distracted and didn’t see the stop arm until he was right up on the bus, or the arm was malfunctioning and didn’t open until he was right on the bus.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
So either the UPS driver was distracted and didn’t see the stop arm until he was right up on the bus, or the arm was malfunctioning and didn’t open until he was right on the bus.
Bud driver forgot to open it and waited til he saw approaching vehicle to activate?

Hmmm

Poop Head

Judge me.
Either way, wtf was that bus driver doing?
Theyre supposed to make sure its all clear before letting the kids out and cross

babboo25

Banned
We don't know anything about the ups driver. He may have 25 years safe driving. He may be seasonal. He may be 22.4. But he's going to be fighting for his job. It takes just a few seconds of inattention to change everything. And he's very lucky he's not sitting in a jail cell right now.

If it was cold out and the driver had his doors shut with his ear buds in you think he still would have heard their mother screaming at him to stop?

Attachments

• CC318ECE-AD60-4922-8AC2-1E8C1927A5BB.gif
    CC318ECE-AD60-4922-8AC2-1E8C1927A5BB.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 64

Cowboy Mac

I have been in a situation where a school bus was parked on the side of the road in a rural neighborhood, no flashing lights, no stop arm. A man was standing at the bus driver window, talking to the driver. I wait for a good 60 seconds to see what is going to happen. Still talking…

Without touching the gas pedal, I eased up past the bus. And all of a sudden I’m being called a criminal and Gomer is about to place me under citizens arrest. All I said was “I haven’t broken any laws because your bus driver’s flashing lights are not on. Y’all have a nice day.”

Moral of the story: school bus drivers sometimes are careless and parents get emotional about their kids and sometimes don’t react rationally in these situations.

nWo

But if it wasn't functioning why didn't the UPS driver clear the intersection? Why didn't he verify there were no pedestrians on the other side of the billboard? Why did he ignore the mother standing by the school bus? He committed several safety violations. A adult woman standing beside a school bus is an obvious sign that children are about to get off the bus.

Cowboy Mac

But if it wasn't functioning why didn't the UPS driver clear the intersection? Why didn't he verify there were no pedestrians on the other side of the billboard? Why did he ignore the mother standing by the school bus? He committed several safety violations. A adult woman standing beside a school bus is an obvious sign that children are about to get off the bus.
Regardless of malfunctions or parents, the UPS driver shouldn’t have been approaching the bus at that rate of speed. He should have been crawling and tapping his horn as he approached.

Big Rigger

We don't know anything about the ups driver. He may have 25 years safe driving. He may be seasonal. He may be 22.4. But he's going to be fighting for his job. It takes just a few seconds of inattention to change everything. And he's very lucky he's not sitting in a jail cell right now.

If it was cold out and the driver had his doors shut with his ear buds in you think he still would have heard their mother screaming at him to stop?
"Seasonal" driver on Sep 10th?

Big Rigger

I’d like to know how long he HAD been a driver
Fixed it for you.

It was in the news and now on social media.
The free period is over. Drivers laid off.
He's probably going to sit out for awhile.

Some new drivers in our building are not trained properly...by new ocs...and after they are "trained" on where the gas pedal is they are left to themselves. Seen a lot of stupid crap in their first couple of years including going around an arm at a railroad crossing while the lights were flashing and the train was coming.

The workforce is only as good as the management they work under.

Btw that goes for school bus drivers too. There's a shortage this year and I've seen one bus driver running thru the country and then thru town with their flashers on the whole time I was behind them. Common sense is not a given.

Seymour Packages

He will not be fired. There was no accident. A near miss does not count. Sorry. As a Shop Steward, I deal in facts. Was this careless? Absolutely. Could this have ended in tragedy? Certainly. But it didn't. We don't get to fire drivers based on feelings and emotions. This would be an easy win at panel for the driver if he was to be terminated. Retrain him, ride along, do what you need to do, but this is not a cardinal infraction, much less even an accident. Law enforcement could not prove any infraction. The FACTS of this ,matter are that a driver didn't negotiate a billboard properly. Period. He needs retraining. If he was/is walked off of the property, I would fight for back pay and an immediate return to work pending any training that the company sees fit.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
He will not be fired. There was no accident. A near miss does not count. Sorry. As a Shop Steward, I deal in facts. Was this careless? Absolutely. Could this have ended in tragedy? Certainly. But it didn't. We don't get to fire drivers based on feelings and emotions. This would be an easy win at panel for the driver if he was to be terminated. Retrain him, ride along, do what you need to do, but this is not a cardinal infraction, much less even an accident. Law enforcement could not prove any infraction. The FACTS of this ,matter are that a driver didn't negotiate a billboard properly. Period. He needs retraining. If he was/is walked off of the property, I would fight for back pay and an immediate return to work pending any training that the company sees fit.
We’ll said man 👍 you sound like a good stew.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Since your familiar with the area. Is there an ordinance that the school bus can't use their stop sign and flashing red lights for stops? I used to deliver in a city (600,000 people) that it was illegal for the bus to use the stop sign and lights unless there were no curbs and gravel shoulder. I delivered to a bus company that told me the rules, because I questioned it.

They couldn't use them? That's odd. No ordinances anywhere that I'm familiar with. Delivered mccordsville more than my fair share of times and buses always stopped light, flashers and stop arms.

Big Rigger

Depending on your representation and panel. Of course honest stewards and BAs will fight for members jobs. IF he broke the law by passing a school bus with the stop sign arm extended then that's another issue. The company has taken people out of service for less and the strength/honesty of the union representation locally will decide the verdict but maybe not the timeliness of it.

You haven't seen people lose their job and either come back to work not made whole or not at all because of weak and collusive representation? If so good for you. I've seen representation lay down and not present all the evidence available to either get them returned to work or not made whole when someone lost their job. Breaking the law involving public safety, especially putting children at risk, is very bad for a "professional driver" but getting negative media coverage on it is pouring gasoline on the company's fire.

As I said above poor panel decisions have a lot to do with the panel composition and what those up above want to happen. This is fact whether you experience it or not and I've seen people lose their job because "the company wanted them gone" according to the BA. Add disregard for children safety, a law broken (that most of the general public knows to obey even though they're not "professional drivers" nor are they representing UPS) to media coverage on the incident and you've got other things at play.

The only thing that saves him is he didn't strike a child with the company vehicle. The children and their parents are the luckiest people involved and by God's grace the driver didn't do something stupid that not only will he probably retain his job down the road but he won't have to live the rest of his life with the memory that he hit a child with his truck and he could've killed a few that day. We are always guilty until proven innocent. You know this.

Btw what happened to the drivers that their unprofessional conduct received broad media coverage when one made derogatory racial and profane comments while the doorbell recorded his rant and the other one who typed "terrorist" in the remarks comment when delivering to a residence of foreign decent? Those folks media coverage stepped the disciplinary reaction up to a higher level of response vs what just an 800 phone call would've precipitated.

Screenshot_20210911-042037.png

From what I've read all 50 states enforce this and if the police are checking the camera footage they are still investigating this with the possibility of citing the driver. The driver did not state that the stop arm was not out. According to the report he said he didn't see it. Couple that with telematics showing him "rolling" thru a stop sign just prior to this and ear buds in both ears that dude is swimming with sharks.
Stupid and unlawful actions will precipitate harsh responses.
Forget about bonus and overallowed harassment...and your stupid ear buds.
Save a life and your job in that order.

Last edited:

UPSER1987

Idk dude. Says the driver rolled a stop sign before coming down that street, will find out for real, im sure.

That schoolbus had no lights on, was the stopsign out?

Here, they dont put on the red lights and stop sign if theyre dropping off kids to the passenger side of the bus. Only if kids are gonna cross the street.

Maybe that bus driver should be fired?

Also, and most importantly. TEACH YOUR KIDS TO LOOK ALL WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET!!!!!!
Rediculous.
Id say 98% of kids i see crossing the street after getting off a school bus, stare directly down at the ground. Never even raise their head, at all. Like there is some secret force field thats gonna stop a :censored2:ed up driver.
So let’s blame the 8 year old and not the adult driver lol. When does common sense come into the equation?

Lets stop blaming others and lack of training excuses and take accountability for our own actions. This is the same crap I see posters laughing about Amazon drivers. UPS has enough idiot drivers of its own.