Whoever you are....you are piece of trash.

Poop Head

Judge me.
In the surveillance video, you can hear Kelley Beal screaming "stop" as the UPS truck starts going around the school bus.

Driver from my center. Haven't found out who yet but I hope you loose everything. Retirement, pension and all. You bring shame to what we do and 3 kids almost lost their lives due to your carelessness.
Idk dude. Says the driver rolled a stop sign before coming down that street, will find out for real, im sure.

That schoolbus had no lights on, was the stopsign out?

Here, they dont put on the red lights and stop sign if theyre dropping off kids to the passenger side of the bus. Only if kids are gonna cross the street.

Maybe that bus driver should be fired?

Also, and most importantly. TEACH YOUR KIDS TO LOOK ALL WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET!!!!!!
Rediculous.
Id say 98% of kids i see crossing the street after getting off a school bus, stare directly down at the ground. Never even raise their head, at all. Like there is some secret force field thats gonna stop a :censored2:ed up driver.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Idk dude. Says the driver rolled a stop sign before coming down that street, will find out for real, im sure.

That schoolbus had no lights on, was the stopsign out?

Here, they dont put on the red lights and stop sign if theyre dropping off kids to the passenger side of the bus. Only if kids are gonna cross the street.

Maybe that bus driver should be fired?

Also, and most importantly. TEACH YOUR KIDS TO LOOK ALL WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET!!!!!!
Rediculous.
Id say 98% of kids i see crossing the street after getting off a school bus, stare directly down at the ground. Never even raise their head, at all. Like there is some secret force field thats gonna stop a :censored2:ed up driver.
Too much trust, like railroad crossings, you’re trusting you’re life to an electric device

nWo

The bus driver? Yes. They are responsible for the kids. Dude shoulda seen our boy coming and stopped the kids.

Also shoulda had the lights on and stopsign out.

Lights were on and stop sign was out according to the mother who was paying attention.

The UPS Driver who wasn't paying attention claims he didn't see him.

nWo

I thought buses had cameras on the side to capture incidents just like this?

"The Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (MVCSC) believes student and staff safety is our number one priority. All stop-arm violations are reported to the appropriate police department who complete the investigation. All of the MVCSC buses are equipped with bus stop arm cameras and video is provided to the police to use in their investigation. We continue to be thankful for our partnerships with our local law enforcement agencies. For any further questions regarding this matter, please contact the McCordsville Police Department. "

"With the parking break set, the driver then opens the door which automatically activates the “red flashing lights” and extends the “stop arm stop sign.”

I find it highly unlikely that the stop sign wasn't out. And if it wasnt the UPS driver was still in the wrong for not clearing the intersection before preceding.

Box Ox

"13News reached out to the McCordsville Police Department about the incident. Major Jim Bell responded, saying the officer spoke with the driver of the vehicle. According to police, the UPS driver told the officer that he did not see the stop arm extended when he went to pass. The driver also stated that when he observed the stop arm out, while passing the bus, he did stop the truck."

So the driver didn't see and then did see the stop arm all within 2 to 3 seconds. Cool story, bro.

Poop Head

Judge me.
"13News reached out to the McCordsville Police Department about the incident. Major Jim Bell responded, saying the officer spoke with the driver of the vehicle. According to police, the UPS driver told the officer that he did not see the stop arm extended when he went to pass. The driver also stated that when he observed the stop arm out, while passing the bus, he did stop the truck."

So the driver didn't see and then did see the stop arm all within 2 to 3 seconds. Cool story, bro.
Sheeeeet. Plot twist.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Ok...

Everyone settle on down...

We have to look at the root of this.

Bus was sitting for a bit...

Could take that as it's just sitting.

I saw no lights... From the edited video.

Why would the bus driver curb the bus if making a stop to let a kid off...

Why not angle to ensure vehicles couldn't go around and give clear signs of letting kids out...

But...

Most importantly...

Why wasn't the parent visible enough that everyone knew they were taking a child off the bus?

Nobody wants to blame the lazy ass parent?

If another video...

Preferably the one inside the bus...

Can show that the lights and arm were activated, then all bets are off.

nWo

This looks like the kind of video that Inside Edition or Good Morning America would pick up. The media is going to be hounding UPS to get rid of this guy.

Box Ox

Ok...

Everyone settle on down...

We have to look at the root of this.

Bus was sitting for a bit...

Could take that as it's just sitting.

I saw no lights... From the edited video.

Why would the bus driver curb the bus if making a stop to let a kid off...

Why not angle to ensure vehicles couldn't go around and give clear signs of letting kids out...

But...

Most importantly...

Why wasn't the parent visible enough that everyone knew they were taking a child off the bus?

Nobody wants to blame the lazy ass parent?

If another video...

Preferably the one inside the bus...

Can show that the lights and arm were activated, then all bets are off.
The driver also stated that when he observed the stop arm out, while passing the bus, he did stop the truck."

Cowboy Mac

He wasnt speeding around the bus, he said the arm wasn’t out and thought the bus was having mechanical issues, it’s a no win situation here.
If the stop arm was not working that’s a failure of the bus driver for not doing a proper Pre Trip. Stop arm and flashing lights on all sides are DOT required.

nWo

We don't know anything about the ups driver. He may have 25 years safe driving. He may be seasonal. He may be 22.4. But he's going to be fighting for his job. It takes just a few seconds of inattention to change everything. And he's very lucky he's not sitting in a jail cell right now.

If it was cold out and the driver had his doors shut with his ear buds in you think he still would have heard their mother screaming at him to stop?