WHO'S MY GREAT DADDY? 33% OF AMERICANS DON'T KNOW?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sometimes, when you're adopted, you have no idea where or who you come from, only that you're here. It's usually fine until there's medical stuff and you come to a dead end in tracing your heritage,
That is a whole different situation entirely. Completely understandable but I don't think the story was about that group.

I wonder what percentage of the population is adopted?

Wally

That’s beyond my scope of knowledge. I’ve never been with a really hairy guy. Lol.
the-wolf-man.jpg

Box Ox

Sometimes, when you're adopted, you have no idea where or who you come from, only that you're here. It's usually fine until there's medical stuff and you come to a dead end in tracing your heritage,

I’m not adopted, but doing a 23andMe DNA test and then uploading the raw data to a service called Promethease allowed me to see all sorts of health-related stuff, both positive and negative that my genetic markers have probably set me up for. And it confirmed some theories I’d had about medications and substances I should avoid. Allowed me to make some immediate changes I might have otherwise waited years to move forward with, or even never made at all.

Adoptees might be well-served by doing the same. Privacy concerns are valid.

Wally

I’m not adopted, but doing a 23andMe DNA test and then uploading the raw data to a service called Promethease allowed me to see all sorts of health-related stuff, both positive and negative that my genetic markers have probably set me up for. And it confirmed some theories I’d had about medications and substances I should avoid. Allowed me to make some immediate changes I might have otherwise waited years to move forward with, or even never made at all.

Adoptees might be well-served by doing the same. Privacy concerns are valid.
Is that 23 thing good? Do you find relatives?