Why are all the anti Old Guard and Mafia posts deleted?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not sure what to do other than to ask the participants here to report posts when the personal attacks or other foolishness starts.

Suggestions or complaints are always welcome.

If this was a "pay to play" forum, things would be different.

That would cut down on most of the foolishness.

But then, the certain anonymity some enjoy.... might be compromised.

:clubbing:

-Bug-

2hoursover

If this was a "pay to play" forum, things would be different.

That would cut down on most of the foolishness.

But then, the certain anonymity some enjoy.... might be compromised.

:clubbing:

-Bug-
Sounds like you are all about pay to play! You ever take a street walker for a ride in the locals vehicle ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sounds like you are all about pay to play! You ever take a street walker for a ride in the locals vehicle ?

It never crossed my mind.

ipntog.jpg

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Pay to play" would certainly make me think twice before hitting "post reply".

I think new members should have their first 25 posts moderated and should have at least 100 posts before being able to start a thread.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I've toned it way down. That's all I'm saying.

Sometimes, you need to establish boundaries.

Been there.. Done that.

(kind of a veteran Teamster thing)

"Pay to play" would certainly make me think twice before hitting "post reply"

Yep.

I think new members should have their first 25 posts moderated and should have at least 100 posts before being able to start a thread.

A free site (that is loosely moderated)....

Should not be taken for granted.

Without financial contributions, it might cease to exist.

-Bug-

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
@cheryl, I belong to a golf forum that established a Politics and Religion section to get the overly spirited conversations off the main pages. Permission must be requested to gain access, and it is basically a free-for-all.

I don't know if your forum platform would allow it, but it might be something to look into.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

@cheryl, I belong to a golf forum that established a Politics and Religion section to get the overly spirited conversations off the main pages. Permission must be requested to gain access, and it is basically a free-for-all.

I don't know if your forum platform would allow it, but it might be something to look into.

We tried that---as I recall, it was Brown Cafe After Dark, or something to that effect. It was supposed to be an adult version of Romper Room. It failed miserably.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
voluntary contributions would be an excellent idea.

I belong to another free site where members can be a bronze for 10 bucks, silver for 25 , and be a gold member contributor for 50 bucks. this could be a one time thing.

the status ( bronze, silver, gold ) could be placed under the username. I know I have benefited greatly by the Brown café ( financially and otherwise ) and would consider it an honor to show my appreciation to Cheryl.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

voluntary contributions would be an excellent idea.

I belong to another free site where members can be a bronze for 10 bucks, silver for 25 , and be a gold member contributor for 50 bucks. this could be a one time thing.

the status ( bronze, silver, gold ) could be placed under the username. I know I have benefited greatly by the Brown café ( financially and otherwise ) and would consider it an honor to show my appreciation to Cheryl.

How have you benefitted financially from your participation on this forum?

2hoursover

What about the hundreds of thousands who were ready for the whole mess to be done with?
We know how voting on a contract is "supposed to be done" and had been Done for years! Why would this contract be any different? How bout asking the national why they were not negotiating for us? This was a done deal early on and there was no bargaining at the table! The national is making a ton on the healthcare $. They got what they wanted and screwed the workers. Ups also got a very company friendly contract. All parties won except the workers!