Why Express Employees Need Union Protection

Falcon1

As FedEx guts it's workforce, continues to slash your benefits and hours, pays you sub-standard wages and now has announced it will withhold whatever merit increase it chooses to give us in the future, Company management are all laughing their way to the bank as their precious stock, options and bonus payouts set for later this year have skyrocketed as the company's stock has made record gains off late - all at your expense.

Why you ask at a time when the company is constantly poor mouthing its employees and taking every conceivable benefit we have?

Simple. Through exploitation. In the form of low wages, cuts to your benefits and through buyouts. All of these unfortunate events have made this gravy train possible for our elite upper management.

A union contract would go a long way in helping prevent this type of corporate overreach and greed. Just talk to one of your peers at UPS or one of our very own pilots. They seem to be doing just fine as we keep taking it in the shorts. We have nothing to lose. Get a group of employees together and begin the fight

Start today by calling the Ibt and lam and letting them know the time is now! Enough is enough!

MAKAVELI

You are preaching to the choir. Everyone knows it but a lot of people are still waiting for the IBT to rescue them. Bottom line is if you want change you need to get off your ass and make it happen. Otherwise you can just bend over and take it where the sun don't shine for the rest of your time here.

bbsam

Staff member
You are preaching to the choir. Everyone knows it but a lot of people are still waiting for the IBT to rescue them. Bottom line is if you want change you need to get off your ass and make it happen. Otherwise you can just bend over and take it where the sun don't shine for the rest of your time here.

yeah. Some of us have been pointing that out for a couple years now.

MAKAVELI

yeah. Some of us have been pointing that out for a couple years now.
And then there are some that are arrogant and condescending and have no intention of trying to help our cause.

bbsam

Staff member
Be less arrogant and condescending. And help our cause while you're at it.

Hey! Those are two of my better qualities.

Seriously though, I don't think I am any more condescending or arrogant than R1a, but somehow when he says it, it's as though the heavens opened and God himself told Express drivers to finally "gird up your loins". Lol. It is what it is.

bbsam

Staff member
Why in the world should he do that? Especially after all the crap you personally gave him. I, on the other hand, wish you guys luck. The Teamsters have a lot of experience representing part-timers.

Don't the part timers usually get screwed over?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why in the world should he do that? Especially after all the crap you personally gave him. I, on the other hand, wish you guys luck. The Teamsters have a lot of experience representing part-timers.

I was parodying an earlier post. I guess you didn't catch that...not surprised.