Why is FZ, REALLY so angry ?

That's advice based on hindsight. I pretty much ended up here after a series of events over the years that just didn't work. UPS never even would've crossed my mind when I was still in high school. I'm on such a tangent from where I started but I really don't think there's any normal job path that I would have been a "good fit" for. But I'm here now and it's at least working so far so time to ride it.
I with you good luck brother.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I started, it took 90 days to reach top rate as a part-timer.

And top rate.... was the same for all employees.

UPS was completely different.

All management people wore ties, every day.

The company use to let employees drink in the parking lot after work.... :biggrin:

-Bug-

Cool story

But what does it have to do with 4 year progression

Seems as though your trying to deflect
Jmo

Hockeyparent

The company makes more now than they ever have. Union Sells UPS teamsters down the river. All day long. Every contract. 4 year wage progression. I'm guessing next time the union will let them have 6 years.

Brown Spider

It is a cool story....

Because it's the truth.

I am glad you asked.

What is the attention span.... of a "new-hire" ?

5 minutes ?

Take their phone away. Watch what happens.

Wimps.

-Bug-

Wow! The empathy you have for those who pay your salary is somewhat short of admirable. Sort of a throwback to the days of the Royal Teamsters,

ezmoney5150

The company makes more now than they ever have. Union Sells UPS teamsters down the river. All day long. Every contract. 4 year wage progression. I'm guessing next time the union will let them have 6 years.

And they pay out more than they ever have. When they don't make more you're going to have more to worry about than that WNY pension.

If the union said no to the four years and you only got a 25 cent raise, you'd be the first one ranting an raving about this contract being a concession. You'd be screw them we don't negotiate for people who don't work here. I want a bigger raise.

Typical Meester.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
T

Typical right wing nut with revisionist history.

I'll type slow so you can understand this. Deregulation started 79/80. The writing was on the wall. All freight companies were not in the best shape. Carey was irresponsible by pushing to raise it to 3000/3500 and implementing "and outs." But that's TDU for you. Kick the can down the road and hopefully when it goes into the red we can blame the "old guard."
But I thought you said in other posts that H&H doesn't control what happens with the Central States Pension, the Board of Trustees does???
Yet somehow, when Ron Carey was President, he did have control???
Some things just don't add up when you post, making you look like the "wing nut".

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
But I thought you said in other posts that H&H doesn't control what happens with the Central States Pension, the Board of Trustees does???
Some things just don't add up when you post, making you look like the "wing nut".
Did Ron Carey raise the payout or was it the trustees? He sure as hell took the credit.

ezmoney5150

He doesn't. He has influence because of the Union side of the trustees, but the final say is up to the Trustees. Ron Carey pushed for it. The only reason the Trustees (Company and Union) agreed was because of Tax liability. Which is stupid. Put the whole fund at risk because of an exise tax.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He doesn't. He has influence because of the Union side of the trustees, but the final say is up to the Trustees. Ron Carey pushed for it. The only reason the Trustees (Company and Union) agreed was because of Tax liability. Which is stupid. Put the whole fund at risk because of an exise tax.
So, in other words....at the time....the fund was over-funded?

Without the benefit of 20 years of hindsight, is it not correct to assert that the Board Of Trustees, both Union and Company(not UPS, who were in-explicitly not represented), felt it was better to increase benefits rather than give the excess to the government in the form of an "excise tax"?

Meanwhile, for the past 17 years, H&H have sat on their hands in the face of real time data, because to do what would have been prudent would have been politically unpopular.
Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.

I call....:bsbullf:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Without the benefit of 20 years of hindsight, is it not correct to assert that the Board Of Trustees, both Union and Company(not UPS, who were in-explicitly not represented), felt it was better to increase benefits rather than give the excess to the government in the form of an "excise tax"?

Meanwhile, for the past 17 years, H&H have sat on their hands in the face of real time data, because to do what would have been prudent would have been politically unpopular.

Bet you dollars to donuts that Carey suggested the increase juuuuuuuuuuust before his election. Probably early enough to advertise it in the teamster mag.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is exactly what happened with our Fund. We were at 107% funded and the decision was made to increase benefits rather than write a check to the government.

ezmoney5150

T

They should have been lobbying to get rid of the exise. But Carey didn't do that. Plus the and outs have nothing to do with exise and everything to do with votes and killing the fund.

Hello? Pot? Kettle is on line 2.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They should have been lobbying to get rid of the exise.
They being the trustees, company and union?
How does that work?

What type of amendment or executive order would that entail?
Perhaps like what H&H and UPS did in late 2014 in regards to the Multi-Employer Pension Reform Act (leveraged by attaching it to the same Bill that contained the 2015 Federal Budget)?

What took them so long?
Plus the and outs have nothing to do with exise
But, without your luxury of hindsight, it theoretically may have "balanced the budget" taking the "excise tax" out of the equation in the future?

We know better now, but at the the time they were dealing with a surplus and had no mobsters to loan it to.
Hello? Pot? Kettle is on line 2.
Pot??? Kettle???

Bottom line is you can't validate two decades of neglect, allowing UPS and other major players to withdraw from the fund, by referencing the perceived shortcomings of a dead man.

Again, I call...:bsbullf:

Last edited:

ezmoney5150

They being the trustees, company and union?
How does that work?

What type of amendment or executive order would that entail?
Perhaps like what H&H and UPS did in late 2014 in regards to the Multi-Employer Pension Reform Act (leveraged by attaching it to the same Bill that contained the 2015 Federal Budget)?

What took them so long?

But, without your luxury of hindsight, it theoretically may have "balanced the budget" taking the "excise tax" out of the equation in the future?

We know better now, but at the the time they were dealing with a surplus and had no mobsters to loan it to.

Pot??? Kettle???

Bottom line is you can't validate two decades of neglect, allowing UPS and other major players to withdraw from the fund, by referencing the perceived shortcomings of a dead man.

Again, I call...:bsbullf:
Under your theory, TDU has all of the answers. How do you not see with deregulation and companies going out of business that you can't up the pension and enact and outs. You dont need a crystal ball for that captain obvious. But the almighty Carey ignored it.

The zuck can do nothing but Monday morning quarterback.