• I blame Obama

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dave is now a moderator

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I am just baffled by this whole situation...

The thought has occurred to me more than once that this is a deliberate attempt to dilute the content here to weaken the search engine results of this forum so that I eventually cannot afford to pay for the server and the forum has to close. There are some at big brown that really do not like that this forum exists. There were also some that were very supportive, at least back in the day when Tony worked there. Not sure what the attitude is now.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

The thought has occurred to me more than once that this is a deliberate attempt to dilute the content here to weaken the search engine results of this forum so that I eventually cannot afford to pay for the server and the forum has to close. There are some at big brown that really do not like that this forum exists. There were also some that were very supportive, at least back in the day when Tony worked there. Not sure what the attitude is now.
You might want to think about charging a nominal fee for membership. These trolls would think twice about signing up or having several different accounts (like I suspect quite a few members on here have) if there was say....a $20 annual fee to sign up and remain a member. Just my opinion.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Cheryl, I know nothing about the inner workings of UPS, but I've come to know these guys. I seriously don't believe that diluting or destroying your forum is even a thought for them. Just some mistaken beliefs on their parts. Everyone here has the utmost respect for what you and @tonyexpress are doing here. They may have a poor way of showing it sometimes, but they do respect you.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
You might want to think about charging a nominal fee for membership. These trolls would think twice about signing up or having several different accounts (like I suspect quite a few members on here have) if there was say....a $20 annual fee to sign up and remain a member. Just my opinion.
What's the most you would pay?

And we told you before if you needed money, many of us would be willing to help you out.

upschuck

I always knew @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U was a company man.

All seriousness though, does fluff dilute searches, or the fluffing of other threads dilute the search engines capabilities?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think if you charged something reasonable, you could get some people to pay. Those who want the free version make them look at a few ads so they can at least for a little revenue off of them.
I say charge a flat fee for every post. That would resolve 99% of the issues we are dealing with right there. With PM and chat room still available for those who dont want to go over budget.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

And we told you before if you needed money, many of us would be willing to help you out.

I think if you charged something reasonable, you could get some people to pay. Those who want the free version make them look at a few ads so they can at least for a little revenue off of them.

BC is doing fine paying for itself now but if google decides that those threads dredged up from 2005 are irrelevant low quality content then our other threads will show up less frequently in the search results. It's the lurkers and people looking stuff up on search engines that see the forum ads and pay for everything. That would make revenue drop. Then maybe we will have to change the way ads are displayed here.

I should charge you for my content...stuff is priceless...

This depends upon what @Big Arrow Down...D is going to charge us for his content.

I say charge a flat fee for every post. That would resolve 99% of the issues we are dealing with right there. With PM and chat room still available for those who dont want to go over budget.
Just can't let it go?
Here let me help you.
Screenshot_2016-04-11-14-55-18.png

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I always knew @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U was a company man.

All seriousness, does fluff dilute searches, or the fluffing of other threads dilute the search engines capabilities?
Fluffing threads where people are actually having discussions does dilute content. Think about what you want to read when you're searching for a question about work. You probably wouldn't want a conversation littered with kitty pics. Fluffing fluffy threads is perfectly fine because that's what it was intended to be.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
BC is doing fine paying for itself now but if google decides that those threads dredged up from 2005 are irrelevant low quality content then our other threads will show up less frequently in the search results. It's the lurkers and people looking stuff up on search engines that see the forum ads and pay for everything. That would make revenue drop. Then maybe we will have to change the way ads are displayed here.

This depends upon what @Big Arrow Down...D is going to charge us for his content.
I'll give you the family price...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
But there personal attacks are acceptable.

Got it ,thank you

Have a pleasant day.
Speaking only for myself... I have been a member since 2008, I have approximately 6,000 posts, and not a single one of them has ever been deleted by a moderator for a TOS violation. Personal attacks are a TOS violation. So if you can go back and find even one post where I personally attacked you or called you names, by all means report it. Heck, I will even publicly apologize for it. Let us know how the search goes!