Why must the IBT rely on physical intimidation in the UPSF campaign?

nospinzone

Dork,
Where did i label any italian american in my post? Where did i use the words "italian americans"? Please don't put words in my mouth. The respect or lack thereof that I have amongst other users on this board is reflective of my posts over the past two years, not your one-time accusation that i have been derogatory to an ethnic group.

BUG,
if i tell you that after doin preload in college I've driven package for well over a decade, will that have any affect on the fact that the IBT has ruined pensions for our co-workers? Will it change the fact that UPS was dead-on for wanting out of IBT pensions during the last contract negotiations? Will it change the fact that IBT no longer works for the best interest of us guys wearing brown? Explain to me how your disbelief in my employment status has any bearing on the information and opinions I've had in my posts? Is that all you have left? To discredit us people who are willing to speak the truth about the hatchet job that IBT has done on us? If it makes you feel better, lets just say that I shovel elephant manure for Ringling Brothers. How does that change the fact that CS and the Central PA pensions have a funding status of around 60%? Excuse me while I go wash my boots....

DorkHead

Oh Nospin, gee, really. Then let me ask you-what does "guido" mean to you?????
Seeing you used this term when you started this thread.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Dork,
Where did i label any italian american in my post? Where did i use the words "italian americans"? Please don't put words in my mouth. The respect or lack thereof that I have amongst other users on this board is reflective of my posts over the past two years, not your one-time accusation that i have been derogatory to an ethnic group.

BUG,
if i tell you that after doin preload in college I've driven package for well over a decade, will that have any affect on the fact that the IBT has ruined pensions for our co-workers? Will it change the fact that UPS was dead-on for wanting out of IBT pensions during the last contract negotiations? Will it change the fact that IBT no longer works for the best interest of us guys wearing brown? Explain to me how your disbelief in my employment status has any bearing on the information and opinions I've had in my posts? Is that all you have left? To discredit us people who are willing to speak the truth about the hatchet job that IBT has done on us? If it makes you feel better, lets just say that I shovel elephant manure for Ringling Brothers. How does that change the fact that CS and the Central PA pensions have a funding status of around 60%? Excuse me while I go wash my boots....

Spinzone,

Why was it so hard to answer a simple question....

You have avoided it.... For how long now....

Worked pre-load.... Almost a decade in pkg cars....

That's alot of Juice... Ha !!!

Ever been a Union Steward.... Held office in your Local .... Show up for your monthly meetings..... My guess is No....

-Bug-

badpas

Im personally out there every 5 weeks or so talking with the freight members, and we dont have an election under way. So should we just stop doing what we have been doing because the almighty apwa has another barn all locked up(like kc), or should we just stop organizing for the time being and give this group(apwa) the respect that have not even earned yet? Look if you cant handle a little alleged heat from the teamsters, how do you think ups will treat you if you ever get in? I can tell you it wont be as easy as baking brownies and planting flowers, so man up and stand tall or put on the skirts and tuck tail but please stop crying!

Now thats a question I would like to know. If the IBT was not on the ballot and there were no greivances being heard then what purpose would they have for being there. I know if that was my building I'd like to know why they weren't doing their jobs elsewhere and don't tell me they just had an hour to kill either.

DorkHead

NoSpin, I`m still waiting for your reply. What does "GUIDO" mean to you????
Seeing you used this word when you started this thread.

nospinzone

Dork,
Against my better judgement, I'm goin to engage you in this pissing contest. However, as everyone has read in the above posts, you were the one who made this into an ethnic discussion as I did not single out a particular group of people in my post.

The term "guido" does have its origins in the early Italian-American culture. As defined by wikipedia..."Guido" is a stereotypical term for a young, working class, Italian-American male from the urban Northeastern United States. The guido stereotype is often portrayed as humorously and incorrigibly uncultured, with a thuggish and overtly macho attitude and unyielding in his Italian ancestry.

However.... just as cultures change, so do people's definition of cultural lingo change. My interpretation and application of the term "guido" more closely follows this definition offered by a psychiatrist on the Urban Dictionary website..... Although most of its examples are of Italian-American descent, many times other non-descript Caucasians will follow suit in an attempt to achieve an identity- in fact any identity. The Guido is highly recognizable by his attention to muscular development, status symbols (Teamsters paraphanelia), and regional dialect (in my application, the Southern drawl of the Teamster faithfuls
in Gaffney).

And for the record, my roomate in college was an Italian whose family was from East Meadow, Long Island. Some of my best memories from school are with him and his family.

When people attempt to devolve arguements into a false and baseless race or ethnic discrimination pissing match, like you have done Dork, you distract us from the real issues at hand which just makes us all dumber. Thanks.

And BUG, when you bring a real arguement to the web board based on fact and not juice (whatever the hell thats suppose to mean), I'll start addressing you again. My right pinky has grown tired of exchanging pointless dribble with you.

Last edited:

DorkHead

NoSpin, You can try to backtrack or sugarcoat your use of the term "GUIDO" anyway you want. The fact of the matter is you meant it in a derogatory way and everyone who has read this thread knows this, including you. So why can`t you be man enough and admit that you made a mistake?

Oh and by the way, the Urban Dictionary`s whole definition is:
The Guido is an entirely American phenomena, with its epicenter in the New York/ New Jersey metropolitan area. Although most of its examples are of Italian-American descent, manytimes other non-descript Caucasians will follow suit in an attempt to achieve an identity- in fact any identity. The Guido is highly recognizable by his attention to muscular development, status symbols, and regional dialect. Guidos are fortunate in that they usually tend to be loyal to their heritage and cultures. However, their interpretation of the Italian culture is unique to Americans. They fall sorrily short when attempting to emulate the sophistication of European-born men. In fact, their shortcomings include a tendency toward alcoholism, legal problems (usually related to assault, reckless driving, noise violations), and an inability to compete in legimate business. Fortunately for them, they usually live an exciting, care-free existance. They are easily satiated by tacky mall attire, drunken nights with similar-minded women, and nightclubbing in the lesser desired beach towns such as Seaside Heights, New Jersey. In the end, although they maintain a unique sense of identity and pride, their superficial lives often leave them empty. The tolls of excessive grooming products, STDs, and alcohol abuse age these specimens quite poorly. The time spent in fitness clubs is usually far offset by their lifestyle choices.