Why The High Divorce Rate?

S

serenity now

Trust me im old school(41) but plenty new school too. I can roll either way lol. Gotta adapt to the times. Trust me I see plenty of people stuck in the 70s and 80s and im just like wtf dude lol. Actually see it at work all the time and just crack da freak up man. Funny stuff that's for sure.

41 is not "old school"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I used the word 'hereinafter' in AKC naming one of my dogs. She was spayed, so her AKC name was "Hereinafter Heidi Herself". Great mini-schnauzer she was and there were not gonna be anymore from her..

W

westsideworma

jesus you guys are scaring me hahaha (2 years in marriage) :wink2:.....kidding but I agree, I see lots of people my age non-upsers divorcing all the time as well. Though some of them should have never married to begin with.

gingerkat

jesus you guys are scaring me hahaha (2 years in marriage) :wink2:.....kidding but I agree, I see lots of people my age non-upsers divorcing all the time as well. Though some of them should have never married to begin with.
Good! Turn that fear into awareness and hopefully you BOTH put in the effort. Every relationship takes work, but marriage is the ultimate challenge.

Re-Raise

Why would I want to work hard for my marriage to work? I work plenty at work. If your miserable GTFO. I love my wife but the main reason I got married was because few women want to raise a family without a piece of paper to make it legal. I think most relationships work better before marriage because either can walk at the drop of a hat. Once married each realizes they can get by with more because its not as simple as walkng away.

For a majority of people one man and woman are not meant to spend their whole lives together. Not that it doesn't make for a good story when it happens but we just aren't wired to spend forever together.

You should have written your own vows.

Your idea of marriage is certainly a lot different from mine. I chose a partner for life. If I wasn't ready to make that commitment, I wouldn't have gotten married.

Any success or failures in life we face as a team. The same goes for our children. I would never bail on any of them because it is "work" as you call it.

I can't imagine not having someone to count on and share my life with.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ah don't dogg brownslave, I think its rather smart what hes doing. Hes stupid for protecting himself I don't think so. Good for him for going against societies norm. I have mad respect for that. Do it your way big daddy lol.

Re-Raise

Ah don't dogg brownslave, I think its rather smart what hes doing. Hes stupid for protecting himself I don't think so. Good for him for going against societies norm. I have mad respect for that. Do it your way big daddy lol.

Then why get married at all? If you are selfish and always looking out for your best interests stay single and be honest about it.

A

anonymous6

At ChristianMingle.com they claim "Let God Make a match for you" or some kind of BS. So I contacted them and asked what "Gods" divorce rate was ( since it should be zero, right? ) but they never got back to me.

I wonder why they won't respond to my inquiries??? I mean if God picks my mate , that should be perfect. Can you sue God if he gives you the "She Devil?"

gingerkat

Why would I want to work hard for my marriage to work? I work plenty at work. If your miserable GTFO. I love my wife but the main reason I got married was because few women want to raise a family without a piece of paper to make it legal. I think most relationships work better before marriage because either can walk at the drop of a hat. Once married each realizes they can get by with more because its not as simple as walkng away.

For a majority of people one man and woman are not meant to spend their whole lives together. Not that it doesn't make for a good story when it happens but we just aren't wired to spend forever together.
Wow, just wow. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but most relationships (friends, family, work, etc.) take work, hard work. Sorry brown, nothing against you personally, as I like you, but I'm a little shocked by your attitude towards marriage and hard work. If you "love" your wife, you would never tell her to GTFO if she's miserable. You would find out what the problem is.

​Just curious and be honest, how would you feel if she made that exact same statement?

Wow, just wow. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but most relationships (friends, family, work, etc.) take work, hard work. Sorry brown, nothing against you personally, as I like you, but I'm a little shocked by your attitude towards marriage and hard work. If you "love" your wife, you would never tell her to GTFO if she's miserable. You would find out what the problem is.

​Just curious and be honest, how would you feel if she made that exact same statement?

I think he meant it as " If you're miserable, gtfo".

I'm not anti-divorce. In some cases it's the right choice. There's only one shot at life and if its not working or with help going to work why have two or more lives miserable or worse yet abusive to all parties involved. When we're young the ideals of that perfect person are vastly different then when ones older.

What I do stand by is that to not take any of the choices lightly. Marriage and divorce.

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
My wifes the first chick that Ive ever been with that I wouldn't cheat on. At first I thought to my inner self, what the hell is wrong with you dude lol. That's how I knew she was the right one and how much I really cared for this woman. Honestly I aint got the heart to do it. Shes a really good person with a good heart and cool as a fan man, and for some stupid reason she loves me to death wtf dude lol. Any time im delivering and im talking to some chick and the conversation starts turning the wrong way if you know what im sayin im like peace and im audi 5 million out this piece lol. Don't get it twisted I still flirt cause im a man but I know the limitation of a friendly flirt you know what im sayin fellas WORD lol.

Ha, you're a funny dude. From what I noticed, in your posts on BC, you normally throw in these little phrases like "cool as a fan man". What's even funnier is that when I read your posts, in my head I can hear Randy Savage saying what you typed lol.

gingerkat

I'm not anti-divorce either as I'm going through one right now. I guess I read the post wrong. I read it as if he didn't even think marriage should involve work at all, because love just happens. To me, he sounded as if he cared more about work than marriage. Sure, in the beginning it's all good, but give it a few years, a decade, then things aren't so squeaky clean. I still stand by my thoughts that all relationships take work.

I used to say I had a lot of regrets. Now, I think about it in a different way. I picked him for a reason and I stayed with him for a reason, so I can't say too many bad things. We had a lot of downs, but a hell of a lot of ups, so regrets is just a bad word. People always forget about the good times when going through a divorce. I could have done worse for a partner. I could have married an abuser, an addict or a handful of other criminals, so maybe I still came out a winner. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of anger and days when I call him everything in the book, but for the most part, try to be friendly.