Why won't peak get over with?

ExupserNaples

I've been gone a couple of years but in SW FL. we never had helpers after Christmas Eve. We also had DOT hours problems after Christmas worse than we did during peak. All new drivers helpers and management from the east coast was gone and we were slammed. Never could figure out why the east coast of FL. could give people up at peak and we had 3K pkgs. sitting every peak?? Oh well glad to be gone.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I give up!
We still have helpers and 12 hour days here. Why won't peak get over with?

Hey, pal, if you're not in the Rocky Mountain West, more specifically metro Denver, you're lucky. Drivers here are being pushed to the legal limit. A text message told my SECOND driver of the day that he couldn't go over THIRTEEN hours. I'm a helper and I worked 10 hours today.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Minus the snow storm in Denver (feel for ya all), its the other 11 months of peak Over9five speaks of. I loved peak, was in by 7 every night but one. Back to the other 11 months of peak. All your work back, more miles and commercial, same stop count, duh. And these people go to school. For this. I know they do, it was called peak planning. Peaks over, more area = less stops=9 hrs.

DS

Fenderbender
I had a sweet day.A rare ups slow day.I had 66 del and
most of my pu were closed.Cleaned out my truck.Threw out
10 year old tracking labels,cod tags and kept busy.
No snow here yet.

satellitedriver

Peak loads have continued here for the last three years. If it is a "light" volume day, the DM instructs the center to kill some routes. The numbers per driver look the same on paper, but.......!!!

A

Anon

Not here, I had tues off 3 drivers in our group went home weds. I was done with 150 by 3:00 on weds. I feel for the rest of ya.

jlphotog

Up here in the Great White North, we went back to work on Wednesday. And that day was so light it was un-freakin believable.

I was still moving at December 22nd speeds and was done everything except my schedule pick ups by 13:00. Sat down down for a nice relaxing lunch, got a page 10 minutes later to go to our stupid ass air meet. Picked up a bunch of stops there and was done again by 14:30. Took the rest of my luch then had to sit around and wait for my schd's.

Today I had 1.5 times the amount of stops of yesterday and was back in the centre by 17:30. Tomorrow is apparently going to be another light day as we only have three quarters of the trailers coming in as we did today.

Peak has taken a hiatus, at least for this week, around here.

jlphotog

You take your DIAD to lunch with you?

Normally I don't but I did on that day because I knew I could get the page for the meet at any time. I wasn't expecting it for at least 30 minutes, but I don't want to miss that meet again. I caught major crap for it the one time I did.

dammor

It's not your job to answer your DIAD during lunch. Your contract guarantees you an uninterrupted lunch.

I have noticed the contract guarantees many things. I have yet to see any of them enforced. It many places it would seem the contract is on the same level as toilet tissue. Actually I have considered using it as such because we never seem to have any here. Or handsoap, or paper towels, or anything else that even a public restroom would have. I'm tired....