WIDE LOAD SEAN AND THE REST OF THE SHEEP

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here's the rebuttal:

This is From Sean O'Brien
A MESSAGE TO NEW ENGLAND TEAMSTERS REGARDING TODAY’S BOSTON GLOBE STORY
Today The Boston Globe unleashed another inaccurate story on the New England Teamsters Pension Fund. Before publication the reporter did not contact the fund and ask for its comment and response. We have since spoken to the reporter and he has committed to fixing the inaccuracies.

The article was based on a 2017 report by Cheiron Consulting, an actuarial company fired by the New England Pension Fund. Additionally, the article inaccurately claimed that the fund was facing insolvency by 2027. This is not true and not supported by any filing with the Department of Labor.

There is no doubt, pension funds across the country face troubles. This is not due to mismanagement or corruption. Instead the pension crisis has its roots in decades of anti-worker Congressional lawmaking. From trucking deregulation to business-friendly bankruptcy laws that have allowed companies including the Globe’s sister The Boston Herald to exit the fund and abandon financial responsibility.

But the New England Fund is not looking to blame politicians and greedy corporations or their media mouthpieces. We’re also not banking on a congressional solution finding its way through an anti-worker U.S. Congress.

Immediately following the 2008 market crash, the fund took progressive steps to fix the problem to ensure that our members continue to have a secure retirement. The New England Pension Fund has nearly 400 participating employers and is managed by professional money managers and jointly guided by a board of four union trustees and four management. It is independent of the Teamsters union and the various employers and managed solely in the interests in its participants

The Fund has:

1. Created a Hybrid Plan that allows new employers enter the plan and not be subject to withdrawal liability.
2. Transferred more than 78 percent of the legacy employers (like UPS, DHL, Stop & Shop) into hybrid plan. The new plan allows them to start paying off their withdrawal liability thus shielding them from future withdrawal liability while protecting the accruals of our members.
3. Organized thousands of new members into the union and successfully negotiated them into the new plan. This is unheard in the pension world.
4. Current employers are committed to the fund. Nothing speaks louder than UPS’s long-term commitment to the fund. As a result of successful regional negotiations in 2012 UPS agreed to pay $2.1 billion of withdrawal liability and enter the hybrid fund. The successful 2018 supplemental negotiations further increased the plan’s funding and added an additional $100 million annually for the life the agreement.

The New England Teamsters only goal is the security of our members and participants. We will continue to fight hard for members and retirees.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Here's the rebuttal:

This is From Sean O'Brien
A MESSAGE TO NEW ENGLAND TEAMSTERS REGARDING TODAY’S BOSTON GLOBE STORY
Today The Boston Globe unleashed another inaccurate story on the New England Teamsters Pension Fund. Before publication the reporter did not contact the fund and ask for its comment and response. We have since spoken to the reporter and he has committed to fixing the inaccuracies.

The article was based on a 2017 report by Cheiron Consulting, an actuarial company fired by the New England Pension Fund. Additionally, the article inaccurately claimed that the fund was facing insolvency by 2027. This is not true and not supported by any filing with the Department of Labor.

There is no doubt, pension funds across the country face troubles. This is not due to mismanagement or corruption. Instead the pension crisis has its roots in decades of anti-worker Congressional lawmaking. From trucking deregulation to business-friendly bankruptcy laws that have allowed companies including the Globe’s sister The Boston Herald to exit the fund and abandon financial responsibility.

But the New England Fund is not looking to blame politicians and greedy corporations or their media mouthpieces. We’re also not banking on a congressional solution finding its way through an anti-worker U.S. Congress.

Immediately following the 2008 market crash, the fund took progressive steps to fix the problem to ensure that our members continue to have a secure retirement. The New England Pension Fund has nearly 400 participating employers and is managed by professional money managers and jointly guided by a board of four union trustees and four management. It is independent of the Teamsters union and the various employers and managed solely in the interests in its participants

The Fund has:

1. Created a Hybrid Plan that allows new employers enter the plan and not be subject to withdrawal liability.
2. Transferred more than 78 percent of the legacy employers (like UPS, DHL, Stop & Shop) into hybrid plan. The new plan allows them to start paying off their withdrawal liability thus shielding them from future withdrawal liability while protecting the accruals of our members.
3. Organized thousands of new members into the union and successfully negotiated them into the new plan. This is unheard in the pension world.
4. Current employers are committed to the fund. Nothing speaks louder than UPS’s long-term commitment to the fund. As a result of successful regional negotiations in 2012 UPS agreed to pay $2.1 billion of withdrawal liability and enter the hybrid fund. The successful 2018 supplemental negotiations further increased the plan’s funding and added an additional $100 million annually for the life the agreement.

The New England Teamsters only goal is the security of our members and participants. We will continue to fight hard for members and retirees.
Championship post by Bubble as always!

anHOURover

Box ox

No but I am stating the facts that under Sean’s watch his pension fun has failed. I totally recovered from the so called “crash” that you sheep are blaming your pension funds performance on.
If you are going to use the stock market as an excuse for the failure then YOU HAVE TO THANK TRUMP and the highs of the stock market currently.

Sean also has let part time feeders happen in his area ! All you sheep that talk funny need to look in the mirrors and scream BAHHHHHHHH! You sheep ! FACT

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Box ox

No but I am stating the facts that under Sean’s watch his pension fun has failed. I totally recovered from the so called “crash” that you sheep are blaming your pension funds performance on.
If you are going to use the stock market as an excuse for the failure then YOU HAVE TO THANK TRUMP and the highs of the stock market currently.

Sean also has let part time feeders happen in his area ! All you sheep that talk funny need to look in the mirrors and scream BAHHHHHHHH! You sheep ! FACT
Your fund pays $11 a month whacko

Box Ox

Box ox

Are you saying the Union and its members are better off under the "leadership" of Hoffa and Taylor than they would be under O'Brien? Is Sean more likely to sell membership out than current leaders have this year if he becomes IBT President in 2021?

Should we sheep all shut up, fall in line and see what else the dynamic duo who brought us the 2018 Contract has in store for us?

I'll make sure I'm not drinking anything that I might blow it out my nose while exploding into laughter in case your response is as expected.

anHOURover

Are you saying the Union and its members are better off under the "leadership" of Hoffa and Taylor than they would be under O'Brien? Is Sean more likely to sell membership out than current leaders have this year if he becomes IBT President in 2021?

Should we sheep all shut up, fall in line and see what else the dynamic duo who brought us the 2018 Contract has in store for us?

I'll make sure I'm not drinking anything that I might blow it out my nose while exploding into laughter in case your response is as expected.

I’m saying Sean came to my local and lied to us. He was in charge of taking our excellent healthcare and replacing it with Team crap. I’m our eyes Sean and jimmy the pig and denis are all still on the same team. Sean and his sheep are not welcome in philly. We will never approve of his crappy leadership of the past.
Hey skip ,your pension blows
You are the only place in America that allows part time feeder drivers!
Sean tells you the sky is brown and you believe him.
SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP
STAY AWAY FROM 623

Boston25

Box ox

Hey :censored2: i know your kind of slow but you know there were other Presidents in Local 25 before O'Brien? Did you know O'Brien isn't the only person running the pension fund? A lot of pensions are taking a hit everywhere. And as far as letting part timers work full time in feeders in New England, would you rather let Part timers work their way up the ranks full time or let UPS keep subcontracting work? so why don't you do what you do best get your bike and bull horn and go :censored2: your self

F

Frankie's Friend

How’s them part time feeder drivers making out ? Keep drinking the kool aid you SHEEP !

You are the only place in America that allows part time feeder drivers!
giphy-9.gif