Widespread looting breaks out in Minneapolis

rickyb

Irrelevant. You're dancing around answering me because you think the government should pay anyone who wants to quit their job. You wish it could happen for you because working hasn't gone so well for you.

You can't say those in jobs you don't like should be paid by the government while those in jobs you do like should have to work.
i didnt even know there was a question. not all jobs should be filled. sometimes its better to collect welfare than to do some jobs, like a wall st executive for example.

Box Ox

i didnt even know there was a question. not all jobs should be filled. sometimes its better to collect welfare than to do some jobs, like a wall st executive for example.
You just keep dancing, comrade. Nobody needs to work to get paid in your ideal world.

rickyb

Irrelevant. You're dancing around answering me because you think the government should pay anyone who wants to quit their job. You wish it could happen for you because working hasn't gone so well for you. And you blame "the system" for that.

You can't say those in jobs you don't like should be paid by the government while those in jobs you do like should have to work.
some jobs create more destruction for the world than anything of value. neoliberalism has been really about transfering wealth, not creating it

Box Ox

some jobs create more destruction for the world than anything of value. neoliberalism has been really about transfering wealth, not creating it
More dancing. More distraction about whether you like a job or not. You don't think anyone should have to work.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Irrelevant. You're dancing around answering me because you think the government should pay anyone who wants to quit their job. You wish it could happen for you because working hasn't gone so well for you. And you blame "the system" for that.

That's a bit harsh but I think you are on to something.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Good thing these protesters had the common sense to throw soda cans instead of mistakenly throwing hand grenades.
Says more about you, that you consider that common sense.
If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. And you’re a problem.

rickyb

working has only worked out average for both of us considering my job right now is about as good as a ups delivery driver. but actually capitalism is bad for us because of global warming, democratic corruption, and everything else that goes with it.

rickyb

It's what a lotta supporters of the "Occupy" movement he admires so much typically have in common.
occupy wall st scared the :censored2: out of the govt and ruling class which is why obama led a federally coordinated effort to destroy the encampents

rickyb

You're doing just fine if that's true. But I doubt it is.

LOL. If only we could have Mao or Stalin, eh?!
if only we could have worker controlled cooperatives

why is it so hard to believe? are you saying capitalism increasingly provides low paying jobs?

newfie

I think its actually brooklyn outside of Minneapolis . I stayed in a 5 star hotel there once for MLS. Best damn three weeks of my UPS career.

Box Ox

occupy wall st scared the * out of the govt and ruling class which is why obama led a federally coordinated effort to destroy the encampents
Yeah, they were such a huge threat that their dumb homeless camp was removed. LOL

why is it so hard to believe? are you saying capitalism increasingly provides low paying jobs?
Who said that? UPS isn't a low paying job. Your job or lack thereof probably is.

rickyb

Yeah, they were such a huge threat that their dumb homeless camp was removed. LOL

Who said that? UPS isn't a low paying job. Your job or lack thereof probably is.
actually ups is a low paying job until you get some raises.

i like the rhetoric of the anti police misconduct protestors. its increasingly a revolutionary one.

Box Ox

actually ups is a low paying job until you get some raises.

i like the rhetoric of the anti police misconduct protestors. its increasingly a revolutionary one.
The pay + benefits are unmatched. And you work your way up anywhere. I doubt the cooperatives you splooge over start their workers out at upwards of $100K a year + benefits + pension either.

rickyb

i live in a yoda cave and i try and avoid consumerism, i spend the difference on donations to political and economic organizations fighting for democracy. i work a union job as good as yours in some ways better or worse. so yes things are going better for me.

Box Ox

i live in a yoda cave and i try and avoid consumerism, i spend the difference on donations to political and economic organizations fighting for democracy. i work a union job as good as yours in some ways better or worse. so yes things are going better for me.
Sure they are, comrade. I'm actually a multi-millionaire who plants trees and gives motivational speeches in my spare time. UPS is just for the exercise.

The internet is great, ain't it?!

rickyb

The pay + benefits are unmatched. And you work your way up anywhere. I doubt the cooperatives you splooge over start their workers out at upwards of $100K a year + benefits + pension either.
30 to 40 bucks an hour is not 100k a year where im from. i used to make 30, thats 1800 after tax every 2 weeks. thats not 100k a year. you doubt that because you dont know anything anyways. you should be skeptical of the pension as employers will just as quickly take that away from you.

rickyb

Sure they are, comrade. I'm actually a multi-millionaire who plants trees and gives motivational speeches in my spare time.

The internet is great, ain't it?!
good im glad to hear you are actually a productive member of society instead of one who just works as a driver.