Wife getting job in another state?

542thruNthru

Why don't you two both post pictures of your wives to settle who's is better?
1232972_orig.jpg

My wife is all for the beard petition. ;)

LeadBelly

Banned
The process and rules are different in every local as well. UPS should be like USPS where you can go on a website and get on a waiting list for wherever you want to go in the country. And they also allow mutual transfers.
Did I tell ever occur to you with your already vast knowledge to call you local and talk to your ba?

JL 0513

When you become a PKG car driver, you decide right then that you are never going to move out of the area of your center (or group of centers that you do have the option to transfer). The job is defined by seniority, you don't want to lose it.

Your wife's profession isn't tied to seniority and location like ours is. Plus she doesn't make as much. Unless there's an unusual circumstance in which you can transfer with seniority (I don't know of any), don't move. Maybe if she made $200K+ but she doesn't.

PT Car Washer

We had a driver transfer up north from Arkansas last Spring. Both states are in the same district so yes it can happen. You go to the bottom of the seniority list but keep your pay and vacations.

Have been offered 8 transfers over the last 11 years. Haven't had one on over 2 years. I am told nobody wants me.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Sorry, my wife is one of a kind. Sorry you don't feel the same about yours.

Does she grab both your ears and yell, "more!" 4 times a week?

If not......shes below average, let her go outta state, and find yourself one that will tell you exactly what she needs when it really counts!
She can roll that PhD up and go have fun alone in the bathroom!

You will thank me in 10 years!!!!!!

LeadBelly

Banned
Two pages later, after the hecklers get their shots in someone posts on topic! Thanks for the reply lol
You should always call you local union representatives before seeking advice on social media. Anyone giving you advice can be counted on 100%. Try and build some communications with your own local, it can only benefit you in you career. I'm not saying you can't get some good advice here, but a lot of people come here to blow off steam.