Wife getting job in another state?

ITwannabe

My wife has been looking for a job and found one in another state. Is a transfer possible as a package driver? Or is this out of the question? Anyone with experience would be appreciated.

ITwannabe

I think it's time to make a transfer sticky post. Every other day we get a new one
The process and rules are different in every local as well. UPS should be like USPS where you can go on a website and get on a waiting list for wherever you want to go in the country. And they also allow mutual transfers.

542thruNthru

When you have a PhD, you are more selective and generally have to relocate when you find a job. It's a little more involved than selecting the busiest corner....cough....cough.

Actually my wife has a PhD also. She doesn't need to be selective. Any job she wants she can have because she is that good. You have to relocate when you are not the best in your field. Though I'm sure a doctorate in underwater basket weaving mean you need to be close to water. So now I understand why she needs to move.

Also if she was that good you wouldn't need to worry about transferring. If my wife decide San Diego wasn't good enough anymore I'd quit. We don't really need me to work. I just do because I'd go crazy being a stay at home dad.

ITwannabe

Actually my wife has a PhD also. She doesn't need to be selective. Any job she wants she can have because she is that good. You have to relocate when you are not the best in your field. Though I'm sure a doctorate in underwater basket weaving mean you need to be close to water. So now I understand why she needs to move.

Also if she was that good you wouldn't need to worry about transferring. If my wife decide San Diego wasn't good enough anymore I'd quit. We don't really need me to work. I just do because I'd go crazy being a stay at home dad.
Well her PhD is in the hard sciences. She could settle for a job in the area but it wouldn't be something she would want to do and it wouldn't pay anywhere near what she has been offered. Why go through all that school if you're not going to be picky.

542thruNthru

Well her PhD is in the hard sciences. She could settle for a job in the area but it wouldn't be something she would want to do and it wouldn't pay anywhere near what she has been offered. Why go through all that school if you're not going to be picky.

@Indecisi0n he said she has a degree in Hard Science. You wanna take a crack at that one? ;)