Wild speculation

Insaneasylum

Well what ever it is I hope it happens soon. Went down from 4days,2days,1day, and it's looking like 0 days this week. Then my son goes and breaks his arm last week. So u need at least 1 day a week to keep ins.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Same day would be really difficult. Unless you are doing it all from say an Amazon Fulfillment Center right to the customer. If you're going to do it air they would need to completely redo how they transport air. They way it is now there are few turns during the day. It would require them to bring more pilots onboard, then the extra cost of operating the aircraft during the day. The beauty of our fleet is they only fly a few hours a day, so we can make new aircraft last a lot longer. That would completely change.

or pulling the carpet out from under the post office with sure post
I doubt they would do this. Surepost gives the shipper another option, not to mention it gives us the option of delivering it or not.

Johney

Ok here's a tinfoil hat speculation. Hire/train a bunch of new/young out of the box drivers, so many you don't know what too do with them all.....yet. Wait until the Union sends out a letter stating we are in trouble and have to possibly make cuts. UPS says in next contract we aren't going to pay the difference anymore you're on your own. Employees say we can't have that! You promised! We'll strike over that! Go right ahead.........We have enough rookies who just want to work that they could care less about the rest of you all. How's that for a tinfoil hat speculation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok here's a tinfoil hat speculation. Hire/train a bunch of new/young out of the box drivers, so many you don't know what too do with them all.....yet. Wait until the Union sends out a letter stating we are in trouble and have to possibly make cuts. UPS says in next contract we aren't going to pay the difference anymore you're on your own. Employees say we can't have that! You promised! We'll strike over that! Go right ahead.........We have enough rookies who just want to work that they could care less about the rest of you all. How's that for a tinfoil hat speculation.
It's crossed my mind but there's no way we would be training them now.

They would hire them all
Right before the next contract.

Impressive wild speculation though.

Browndriver5

I don't see us training drivers 3 years in advance. Its too much money. UPS only spends money when it has too

Browndriver5

Plus the turnover rate at UPS is ridiculous. They would not count on these same people to be there 3 years from now. Too many jobs available now

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Plus the turnover rate at UPS is ridiculous. They would not count on these same people to be there 3 years from now. Too many jobs available now
The driver turnover isn't near as high as insiders. We haven't lost a driver in my building in almost two years. Insiders on the other hand...