Will amaz swallow ups?

Changingtimes99

I like it at ups. I just started pre peak. So like 5 months. I load a ton of amazing packages and when the new fulfillment center opens I feel like there will be cuts to employees and stuff. But what's everyone's thoughts. Will Amazon eat the ups in like 10 years? I'm trying to do my 25 and get paid to stay home. LoL
Take this with a grain of salt from a beat up 30+ year feeder driver with a bad back and knees but it sure seems like Amazon is growing and UPS isn't .

Nah
I like it at ups. I just started pre peak. So like 5 months. I load a ton of amazing packages and when the new fulfillment center opens I feel like there will be cuts to employees and stuff. But what's everyone's thoughts. Will Amazon eat the ups in like 10 years? I'm trying to do my 25 and get paid to stay home. LoL
Yes.

JL 0513

Take this with a grain of salt from a beat up 30+ year feeder driver with a bad back and knees but it sure seems like Amazon is growing and UPS isn't .
Amazon has layed off 10's of thousands of workers so far this year. Their days of rapid growth are over. Will they continue to grow, probably, but total world domination isn't in the cards.

Last edited:

JL 0513

BTW,

Amazon net profit 2022: -$3B
UPS net profit 2022: $13.1B

Yet nonstop talk about Amazon devouring UPS.

You can have the biggest business in the world with the most transactions and the most income but profit reigns supreme.

Its_a_me

Amazon has layed off 10's of thousands of workers so far this year. Their days of rapid growth are over. Will they continue to grow, probably, but total world domination isn't in the cards.
As of March 2023 Amazon has a market cap of $1.000 Trillion. This makes Amazon the world's 5th most valuable company by market cap.

As of March 2023 United Parcel Service has a market cap of $158.32 Billion. This makes United Parcel Service the world's 64th most valuable company by market cap.

Yes, they could swallow UPS but it would represent a 20-25% purchase when taking the premium that must be paid into account. A high stock price is one way to defend against it. A high dividend rate is another.

It's cheaper for Amazon to use their data knowledge and determine the most profitable areas where they can service while giving UPS the rest of their work to deliver. This also lets them grow slowly and layoff when necessary at minimal costs. In other words to play the long game and go from 0% to 10% to 20% to eventually 30% of total package volume.

Anyone that doesn't see the pattern must work for UPS management as Fed Ex realized they were a competitor not a customer long ago.

qdg2

As we edge closer to war with China.....

Tik Tok and all.....Taiwan.

And Amazon Cornucopia of crap.......if imports were suddenly banned.

If America was eliminated from Amazon's profit stream. Could it survive?

Interesting questions.

ManInBrown

BTW,

You can have the biggest business in the world with the most transactions and the most income but profit reigns supreme.
Agree. In the beginning they hemorrhaged money to try to build out their network. That’s understandable. They shouldn’t be bleeding money now. I’m not saying they are going to go out of business, but things are going as smoothly as people think. 10s of thousands of layoffs announced this week.

And as far as people saying like myself included in the past. The drivers are unprofessional, pulling headfirst into 20 foot driveways, driving down the highway with the side door open. I really think we’re to the point where people don’t care. Service to some extent just isn’t as important anymore. Just get me my stuff. Pull in my driveway I don’t care. That’s worrisome for jobs like ours where we get paid to do the job in a professional manner.

robot

Has A Large Member
Man screw Amazon. One of the warehouses I pick up at outsourced their dispatch. I talk into a camera now to some guy in India I can’t understand. It’s like pulling teeth getting in and out of there

Changingtimes99

BTW,

Amazon offers more services then UPS. Both are profitable. Has Amazon taken volume away from UPS? The answer is yes. As a feeder driver I know this to be a fact. Will Amazon continue to take volume away from UPS? It sure seems like it . I don't think in our lifetimes Amazon will have the capacity to absorb all of the volume ups does. I could see Amazon taking a certain percentage of volume away from UPS and then buying ups.

Changingtimes99

BTW,

Amazon offers more services then UPS. Both are profitable. Has Amazon taken volume away from UPS? The answer is yes. As a feeder driver I know this to be a fact. Will Amazon continue to take volume away from UPS? It sure seems like it . I don't think in our lifetimes Amazon will have the capacity to absorb all of the volume ups does. I could see Amazon taking a certain percentage of volume away from UPS and then buying ups
Man screw Amazon. One of the warehouses I pick up at outsourced their dispatch. I talk into a camera now to some guy in India I can’t understand. It’s like pulling teeth getting in and out of there
Unfortunately there is a worker shortage in this country. Good help is hard to come by. Can't blame Amazon for that. One of the night managers in my building drinks alcohol in his office and takes 20 year old part time supervisors on dates and they can't get rid of him. Yet .

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Amazon trying to deliver in the wrong place, I guess they don't "Future" anything.