Will amaz swallow ups?

wilberforce15

Right on the heels of some “poors” being gunned down in Texas, no less. So not only is he trying to fabricate a false narrative of himself to be some badass millionaire, but he’s also an insensitive prick. Double points.
None of those kids were on any body's bad side and it would have nothing to do with their deaths, and my post was made before I'd even heard of the event.

You're the one leveraging dead kids for rhetorical points.

wilberforce15

Sure you did, hub rat. You’re broke and trying really hard to convince strangers that you aren’t a complete loser.
Durable goods print was good. Probably get a small pump before fed minutes are released later today, which will spook things again.

Go ahead and check on that by the end of the day.

wilberforce15

Should I rephrase? I'm never sure what people can follow.

Big heavy consumer stuff didn't perform as badly as expected in the report at 830 this morning. The market will see this and smile for a few hours, forgetting that other stuff comes later.

Then the market will be a little scaredy-cat again when Papa J-Pow and his buddies release their secret treehouse club notes.

wilberforce15

Should I rephrase? I'm never sure what people can follow.

Big heavy consumer stuff didn't perform as badly as expected in the report at 830 this morning. The market will see this and smile for a few hours, forgetting that other stuff comes later.

Then the market will be a little scaredy-cat again when Papa J-Pow and his buddies release their secret treehouse club notes.

Here is the Nasdaq doing exactly what I said, from the time at which I said it.

2022-05-25-TOS_CHARTS.png

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I bought one share of Amazon stock today for $2160, it peaked at about $3800. Buy low sell high as the saying goes. Amazon and Google stock is going to split into 20 shares next month, my finance person told me to go with Amazon. I do shop around, I ordered a bandsaw off eBay yesterday and saved $50. I use a Capital One app that automatically compares prices.

Don't Judge Me

Amazon just closed one of the original stations when they started in Atlanta. They haulted the building of the new station, they delayed the opening of another station they literally just finished building in Atlanta. They're reducing the amount of routes given to the DSPs (delivery service providers) while raising the amount of stops and packages for the drivers. From what I hear, Amazon blew up during the pandemic by slapping together stations to deliver out of, and now the volume is lowering and they've got all these buildings that are soon to be vacant. Trust, Amazon will never over take UPS.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Amazon just closed one of the original stations when they started in Atlanta. They haulted the building of the new station, they delayed the opening of another station they literally just finished building in Atlanta. They're reducing the amount of routes given to the DSPs (delivery service providers) while raising the amount of stops and packages for the drivers. From what I hear, Amazon blew up during the pandemic by slapping together stations to deliver out of, and now the volume is lowering and they've got all these buildings that are soon to be vacant. Trust, Amazon will never over take UPS.
facility costs are a big iceberg for amazon. I'm sure they can weather it for some time but all that space they either leased or purchased and built outright is going to weigh on them.

wilberforce15

I don’t think I’ve purchased a quarter of that many things this year lol
Sure you have.

They include everything from dish racks and soap dispensers to pocket knives and lawn mower blades.

My last orders:

Books and packs of underwear.
Fertilizer and a pole saw.
Paint and laundry baskets.
Drink fridge and outlet covers.
Specialty rice noodles and pepper sauce.
Fire poker and ant killer.

Thebrownblob

Sure you have.

They include everything from dish racks and soap dispensers to pocket knives and lawn mower blades.

My last orders:

Books and packs of underwear.
Fertilizer and a pole saw.
Paint and laundry baskets.
Drink fridge and outlet covers.
Specialty rice noodles and pepper sauce.
Fire poker and ant killer.
I haven’t bought one thing from Amazon this year.😂 not that I’m trying not to. just nothing I need.

wilberforce15

facility costs are a big iceberg for amazon. I'm sure they can weather it for some time but all that space they either leased or purchased and built outright is going to weigh on them.
5 years ago, everybody here thought Amazon's lack of infrastructure was a big deal, and it was awesome how UPS already had so many big buildings.

Now, the complaint about Amazon is the opposite.

They will fill that space and eat the world.

Mutineer

lol

There is probably a significant backstory to this incident. Which if illuminated would likely change our perception. With as many bad dog experiences as I've had, and their idiot owners living in denial, I'm inclined to sympathize with the pistol waving idiot.

And it's cute how the over-fed suburbanite sez "there should be better screening of their employees."
For a notoriously crappy job that nobody wants, and that he wouldn't last a day at!