Will amaz swallow ups?

UnionStrong

Doesn’t play well with others…
There is probably a significant backstory to this incident. Which if illuminated would likely change our perception. With as many bad dog experiences as I've had, and their idiot owners living in denial, I'm inclined to sympathize with the pistol waving idiot.

And it's cute how the over-fed suburbanite sez "there should be better screening of their employees."
For a notoriously crappy job that nobody wants, and that he wouldn't last a day at!
He threatened the owner with the gun. Felony

UnionStrong

I agree. Dude went overboard.

And if the dog is sooo "harmless", why is it behind an electric fence?
The fence isn’t necessarily an indication of a bad dog. Seen plenty of friendly dogs with electric fences. I had no problem with a dog on his property being protective, it’s his job. I do have a problem with a dog that comes from another property to get to me. That would make me snap if the owner was outside. “Do you live here? No? Then why the :censored2: is your dog here?” Idiots

Mutineer

I had no problem with a dog on his property being protective, it’s his job. I do have a problem with a dog that comes from another property to get to me.

The problem begins when suddenly a dog decides that YOU are it's "job."

I have seen dogs overcome and endure tremendous pain (way worse than an electric fence) if it is sufficiently motivated to do so. And that motivation doesn't need to make sense to us.

Also, dogs have a very different notion of "property" than we do. And it doesn't necessarily include the dog owner's property lines or fences.

There have been times and circumstances when dogs are my friends. However, my numerous experiences in the role of a courier, dogs are NOT my friends.

Not at all, not one bit. (pun intended)

And I think the pink, well-fed suburbanite needs to suffer a week in an Amazon van for his "screening their workers" comment.
I'll tell his wife to buy life insurance for the inevitable result, and then help her spend it after he succumbs.

UnionStrong

The problem begins when suddenly a dog decides that YOU are it's "job."

I have seen dogs overcome and endure tremendous pain (way worse than an electric fence) if it is sufficiently motivated to do so. And that motivation doesn't need to make sense to us.

Also, dogs have a very different notion of "property" than we do. And it doesn't necessarily include the dog owner's property lines or fences.

There have been times and circumstances when dogs are my friends. However, my numerous experiences in the role of a courier, dogs are NOT my friends.

Not at all, not one bit. (pun intended)

And I think the pink, well-fed suburbanite needs to suffer a week in an Amazon van for his "screening their workers" comment.
I'll tell his wife to buy life insurance for the inevitable result, and then help her spend it after he succumbs.
I dunno, I stayed pretty safe using common sense, and treats. Of course, I’m not terrified of dogs like some.

Mutineer

I dunno, I stayed pretty safe using common sense, and treats. Of course, I’m not terrified of dogs like some.

...aaannnd may yer good fortune interacting with "man's best friend" continue.

In my experiences, the biggest setup for a negative dog encounter begins with an open garage door.
Hapless courier drops a box and rings the doorbell. Mutley goes berserk, runs through the backyard, through the house, through the propped-open access door, out the garage, and corners the courier-stooge on the porch.

For many years, (except for sigs) I did not knock or ring doorbells for the sole purpose of NOT alerting the gawdamm dog.

My dog incidents went waaay down after that. And more than made up for the relatively few "why didn't yer stupid lazy driver ring the doorbell?" complaints.

UnionStrong

...aaannnd may yer good fortune interacting with "man's best friend" continue.

In my experiences, the biggest setup for a negative dog encounter begins with an open garage door.
Hapless courier drops a box and rings the doorbell. Mutley goes berserk, runs through the backyard, through the house, through the propped-open access door, out the garage, and corners the courier-stooge on the porch.

For many years, (except for sigs) I did not knock or ring doorbells for the sole purpose of NOT alerting the gawdamm dog.

My dog incidents went waaay down after that. And more than made up for the relatively few "why didn't yer stupid lazy driver ring the doorbell?" complaints.
I never knocked or rang bell. Used horn sparingly. Why alert them? Complaints? Nope.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I dont see why they would continue in the delivery side when they make tons off cloud storage and media. They dont want to go the way of ups with Union employees and the "build your own fleet" idea didnt take hold. They will start to lose customers when people price check and find out its cheaper to grab somethings local.
Because Amazon was originally designed by DARPA. Do some research. The same with Facebook, it was originally designed by DARPA.