Will amaz swallow ups?

I like it at ups. I just started pre peak. So like 5 months. I load a ton of amazing packages and when the new fulfillment center opens I feel like there will be cuts to employees and stuff. But what's everyone's thoughts. Will Amazon eat the ups in like 10 years? I'm trying to do my 25 and get paid to stay home. LoL

I like it at ups. I just started pre peak. So like 5 months. I load a ton of amazing packages and when the new fulfillment center opens I feel like there will be cuts to employees and stuff. But what's everyone's thoughts. Will Amazon eat the ups in like 10 years? I'm trying to do my 25 and get paid to stay home. LoL
Can't say in 10 years but Amazon has built several fulfillment centers in my area and the volume keeps growing. We can't hire enough people to staff any of our sorts.

trotsky

I dont see why they would continue in the delivery side when they make tons off cloud storage and media. They dont want to go the way of ups with Union employees and the "build your own fleet" idea didnt take hold. They will start to lose customers when people price check and find out its cheaper to grab somethings local.

Box Ox

They will start to lose customers when people price check and find out its cheaper to grab somethings local.

They’re already losing a lot of my purchases because they seem to have terrible inventory control. Never know when you’re going to get a return item, or a fake item, etc. Even when buying directly from Amazon and not a third party seller. I’d rather just buy something from Costco, Target etc.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

LOL WAT?

wilberforce15

I dont see why they would continue in the delivery side when they make tons off cloud storage and media. They dont want to go the way of ups with Union employees and the "build your own fleet" idea didnt take hold. They will start to lose customers when people price check and find out its cheaper to grab somethings local.
I get 5 amazon pieces per day, and it has nothing to do with price.

Amazon wins for convenience.

I can wait a day or two to get exactly what I want. But I can't waste an hour driving to 3 stores to find the exact right item.

wilberforce15

Screenshot (39).png

How much time have I saved?
Waiting days is easy.

Getting rid of errands is awesome.

Overpaid Union Thug

I get 5 amazon pieces per day, and it has nothing to do with price.

Amazon wins for convenience.

I can wait a day or two to get exactly what I want. But I can't waste an hour driving to 3 stores to find the exact right item.
You are likely paying a hefty price for that convenience. So technically you lose. Have you tried shopping around to find better deals? It’s amazingly simple. And it’s so competitive now many shippers are matching or beating Amazons “free two day shipping.”

Plus, unless you believe in tech tyrants censoring the citizenry, by giving Amazon your money you’re basically paying them to do just that via AWS.
As long as the average American citizen is too lazy to find better deals then yes. It’s possible that Amazon will take a lot more market share from UPS. But with high-speed Internet spreading to rural areas, along with overall growth of online sales, it’s also possible that Amazon will not be able to keep up with that growth.

wilberforce15

You are likely paying a hefty price for that convenience. So technically you lose. Have you tried shopping around to find better deals? It’s amazingly simple. And it’s so competitive now many shippers are matching or beating Amazons “free two day shipping.”

Plus, unless you believe in tech tyrants censoring the citizenry, by giving Amazon your money you’re basically paying them to do just that via AWS.

As long as the average American citizen is too lazy to find better deals then yes. It’s possible that Amazon will take a lot more market share from UPS. But with high-speed Internet spreading to rural areas, along with overall growth of online sales, it’s also possible that Amazon will not be able to keep up with that growth.
Paying a hefty price for convenience is perfectly rational.

My time is worth more than the saved money.