Will He Ever Get the Hint?

Overpaid Union Thug

House Republicans Tell Bush They'll Desert Him On Iraq:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/10/washington/10cong.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

"Moderate Republicans gave President Bush a blunt warning on his Iraq policy at a private White House meeting this week, telling the president that conditions needed to improve markedly by fall or more Republicans would desert him on the war."

And they still support him against the Democrats. If you had read more carefully you'd have noticed that and also that they are demanding more results...NOT A WITHDRAWAL. Bush, who I'm not a huge fan of, has made allot of mistakes but I give him all the credit in the world for not letting defeatest minded Liberals, or even the defeatest minded Conservatives, which are greatly out numbered by the Liberals, undermine our troop with these rediculous bills. He doesn't want to let down our troops down.

Overpaid Union Thug

He let them down the day he put troops in Iraq.

Let me remind you that BOTH sides of the aisle had plenty of people in favor of sending the troops into Iraq. So you see.....there is plenty of blame to go around. At least Bush and most of the republicans are standing by their decision. Most of the Liberals have done their usual 180.

govols019

You smell that?
I think the members of Congress that abdicated their power for declaring war to the President should be tried for treason.

Standing by a wrong decision is not a good personality trait.

av8torntn

He let them down the day he put troops in Iraq.

I am hoping you can explain this a little. The job of the military is to enforce foreign policy and provide national security. The president seems like he is trying to not repeat the mistakes of vietnam by giving the military the tools they need to fight the war without to much micro management. He allows the theater commanders to set the rules of engagement. Re enlistment in the army has been at all time highs so that would lead me to believe that morale is high. If the troops felt let down I would think the opposite would be true. Maybe you have more insight than I do. I only get calls from soldiers in Iraq a few times a week. (and yes I served with all of them) Or maybe you just think it sounds good to imply that our soldiers cannot get the job done. Anyway thanks in advance for your insight I hate to take you away from your starbucks coffee and have a great day knowing that we have men on the front lines fighting the global war on terrorism for you so you can complain about their commander in chief.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am hoping you can explain this a little. The job of the military is to enforce foreign policy and provide national security. The president seems like he is trying to not repeat the mistakes of vietnam by giving the military the tools they need to fight the war without to much micro management. He allows the theater commanders to set the rules of engagement. Re enlistment in the army has been at all time highs so that would lead me to believe that morale is high. If the troops felt let down I would think the opposite would be true. Maybe you have more insight than I do. I only get calls from soldiers in Iraq a few times a week. (and yes I served with all of them) Or maybe you just think it sounds good to imply that our soldiers cannot get the job done. Anyway thanks in advance for your insight I hate to take you away from your starbucks coffee and have a great day knowing that we have men on the front lines fighting the global war on terrorism for you so you can complain about their commander in chief.

Shouldn't you have said "Anti-God Starbucks?" LOL!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55564

Sammie

Thank you, av8torntn. Very well spoken.

govols019

You smell that?
The job of the military is to enforce foreign policy and provide national security.
Putting troops in Iraq did nothing for our national security. Iraq wasn't a threat to us nor was it a haven for terrorists.

The president seems like he is trying to not repeat the mistakes of vietnam by giving the military the tools they need to fight the war without to much micro management.
Good for him. Still doesn't excuse him for putting them there in the first place.

Re enlistment in the army has been at all time highs so that would lead me to believe that morale is high.
Seems there's trouble brewing. http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0502/p01s01-usmi.html
Couple that with low recruitment issues and we are headed for trouble.

Maybe you have more insight than I do. I only get calls from soldiers in Iraq a few times a week. (and yes I served with all of them)
And your point is? I too receive phone calls and letters from soldiers in Iraq. I also have made many care packages to be sent to them. That's what you do for friends and family. No point in bringing that up. It has nothing to do with the discussion.

Or maybe you just think it sounds good to imply that our soldiers cannot get the job done
Wow. Are you sure you're not Big Arrow Up? He too likes to make stuff up.

have a great day knowing that we have men on the front lines fighting the global war on terrorism for you so you can complain about their commander in chief.
Once again for the hard of reading, Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror. Afghanistan? Yes. Iraq? No.

Overpaid Union Thug

Putting troops in Iraq did nothing for our national security. Iraq wasn't a threat to us nor was it a haven for terrorists.

Good for him. Still doesn't excuse him for putting them there in the first place.

Seems there's trouble brewing. http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0502/p01s01-usmi.html
Couple that with low recruitment issues and we are headed for trouble.

And your point is? I too receive phone calls and letters from soldiers in Iraq. I also have made many care packages to be sent to them. That's what you do for friends and family. No point in bringing that up. It has nothing to do with the discussion.

Once again for the hard of reading, Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror. Afghanistan? Yes. Iraq? No.

Making stuff up? That is standard Liberal thinking. If a Liberal doesn't like it than it can't be true. LOL. And to say Iraq has nothing to do with the War on Terror is one of the most absurd comments I've ever heard. I guess the terrorist bombings, death squads, kidnappings, etc. are just all figments of our imaginations. STOP! I already know what your response is before you even submit it. You were going to say that the U.S. is responsible for the terrorists and that they weren't there before we invaded. WRONG! They were terrorists then just like they are now. They prove it everyday with their bombs and mortar attacks. So, for the sake of arguement let's say it is all our fualt. It still wouldn't make sense to just leave Iraq in it's current condition. The middle east would become 100 times more dangerous than it arleady is now. It would become the springboard from which all terrorists attacks are launched. And I'm not buying into your recruitment ruse. So a few Staff Sgts. are getting fed up. Overall recruiting goals are still being met. They can be replaced. I say start a draft and send all the defeatest minded liberals over there.

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
...The president seems like he is trying to not repeat the mistakes of vietnam by giving the military the tools they need to fight the war without to much micro management. He allows the theater commanders to set the rules of engagement.
Does it seem odd to anyone other than me that Army General (ret.) Eric Shinseki, Marine General (ret.) Anthony Zini, Army Major General (ret.) John Batiste, Army Major General (ret.) Paul Eton or Marine Lieutenant General (ret.) Gregory Newbold would disagree with that statement?

Of course, they did place the blame on Wolfowitz and/or Rumsfield. Maybe Robert Gates is entirely different?

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
C'mon. Don't you know that we are fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them...at Fort Dix?

... I too receive phone calls and letters from soldiers in Iraq. I also have made many care packages to be sent to them. That's what you do for friends and family. No point in bringing that up. It has nothing to do with the discussion.
I hope you are not counting on getting email or reading blog posts from any of them.
Army Squeezes Soldier Blogs, Maybe to Death

He's not making it up. The voices that tell him all this stuff are so incessant and seem so authoritative, he can't help but believe them.

over9five

Staff member
Thank God we have a President with the balls to get the job done.

Damned defeatist Liberals should be ashamed of themselves. They do not represent the beliefs of Mainstream America. Do not believe the polls. REMEMBER, polls are done by the Liberal media.

God Bless President Bush, and God Bless our troops.

Overpaid Union Thug

"I hope you are not counting on getting email or reading blog posts from any of them.
Army Squeezes Soldier Blogs, Maybe to Death"

Look up the phrase "OPSEC". That will clear that up for you.

"He's not making it up. The voices that tell him all this stuff are so incessant and seem so authoritative, he can't help but believe them."

So I have voices telling me things now? LOL! This is great!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont think the blog told them they cant email home and say how good things are going and how proud they are of what they are doing, just not to send videos or give away secret info. Duh.
I had a good thing happen to me, today. A buzzer on my p1000 stuck on for the back up brake and I wasnt tall enough to open the hood and mess with the doo hicky to shut it off so I listened to bbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for 2 hrs, but it blocked out the last two hours of my liberal radio staion www.wkbn.com, so maybe it was a good thing. Good place for all you libs looking for something different in the same Kerryesque monotone that your minds love. Streaming video. :lol: It actually almost blocked out the voices in my head too. But it was more informational, I am sure ......than what they were saying.

govols019

You smell that?
And, you let our troops down everyday with your weak willed mindset.

Fight them there or fight them here.

If you were referring to Afghanistan I would agree with you but Iraq is something totally different. They were never a threat to fight here anyway.

Our country has no business in nation building. Period.

I say it is you that is letting our troops down by supporting a war that should have never been prosecuted in the first place.

I have one grandfather that is a WWII vet, another a veteran of Korea and my father is a 5-time decorated Vietnam veteran. All volunteered for duty. All three oppose this war. I'd like to see someone call them weak willed to their face.