Will Hoffa and Hall get the message?

Junkguy

Let's check your history. When did hall give away the $16 plus benefits?
Haven't been on here since everyone pounced on me for the $16 per hour thing. I take the blame for wording incorrect. I started in 79 at 6.50 but I was at full driver pay in the fall of 83 making $17.92 and the pre-loaders were just a dollar below that. I gave away my contracts when I left but still have a printout of all my pay. I think Hall and Carey gave away the part-time pay on the strike contract but not sure. They were well over $16 when it happened. I was about when they lengthened the time for top pay because we had guys filing grievances for their driver pay because they were already making way more than driver start pay. I would assume the central states was about the same. There was a 6 month strike in WV and some other states in I think 77 over some of these issues and the part time pension situation. I think the southern states worked but I don't know since I wasn't there yet. I know there are some major differences now like the deal with the pension and the days necessary to get credit for H&W and Pension. I appologize if I pissed anyone off. I take a lot of meds for the destroyed back and such and don't write so clear sometimes.
I know things were much better back in the day, especially starting out but I trashed most of the memories and try to act like it never happened. It's a long haul just for a pension but I suppose it's still better than most from the financial side.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Haven't been on here since everyone pounced on me for the $16 per hour thing. I take the blame for wording incorrect. I started in 79 at 6.50 but I was at full driver pay in the fall of 83 making $17.92 and the pre-loaders were just a dollar below that. I gave away my contracts when I left but still have a printout of all my pay. I think Hall and Carey gave away the part-time pay on the strike contract but not sure. They were well over $16 when it happened. I was about when they lengthened the time for top pay because we had guys filing grievances for their driver pay because they were already making way more than driver start pay. I would assume the central states was about the same. There was a 6 month strike in WV and some other states in I think 77 over some of these issues and the part time pension situation. I think the southern states worked but I don't know since I wasn't there yet. I know there are some major differences now like the deal with the pension and the days necessary to get credit for H&W and Pension. I appologize if I pissed anyone off. I take a lot of meds for the destroyed back and such and don't write so clear sometimes.
I know things were much better back in the day, especially starting out but I trashed most of the memories and try to act like it never happened. It's a long haul just for a pension but I suppose it's still better than most from the financial side.

I started driving in 1988 and top pay was 15.59. Then it went to 15.89 and 16.19 when I hit top wage.