Will the leftists demand someone be jailed?

BrownArmy

The article is in English. Can't read it yourself?

I'm intrigued at how people can look at/read/experience the same thing and come to radically different conclusions.

My impression of the Plame affair was that she got outed for basically petty political reasons.

You disagree, so much so that you started an entire thread about it.

So, to put a fine point on my question, what about this current situation makes you think that someone should be jailed, for what is, as far as I can tell, a bonehead clerical error (if you know something I don't, pray tell).

Whereas with Plame, the outing was purposeful.

So, again, what are you talking about?

av8torntn

I'm intrigued at how people can look at/read/experience the same thing and come to radically different conclusions.

My impression of the Plame affair was that she got outed for basically petty political reasons.

You disagree, so much so that you started an entire thread about it.

So, to put a fine point on my question, what about this current situation makes you think that someone should be jailed, for what is, as far as I can tell, a bonehead clerical error (if you know something I don't, pray tell).

Whereas with Plame, the outing was purposeful.

So, again, what are you talking about?

Your dismissal of this news would be very relevant to the article. They do an excellent job with their interpretation.

I'm not even sure why you think the reasons matter. I think I know but I can't be certain. We have two supposedly inadvertent leaks about the CIA. Inadvertent if we take the current government at its word and inadvertent if we take the years of investigation on the former event at face value. Some people may even see that as a good thing but personally I could care less. On the other hand I could use your logic and ask why do you care so much as to try and make some distinction that you form an entire post on the subject? I personally don't happen to care why but if you were one of the people calling Liddy a traitor for outing a CIA agent which happens to be something he didn't do I'd also like to mock you. I assume you would at least accuse him or the State department of treason since you claim there was a purposeful "outing" of a CIA agent.

"Fast-forward a few years, and there has now been another leak of a CIA employee's classified status. The circumstances are entirely different from the Plame case. But they are similar in the sense that the person doing the leaking, then and now, most likely did not know that he or she was revealing classified information. Was one an act treason and the other an embarrassing mistake?"

I found this an interesting quote. I didn't really pay much attention to Plame as she just seems like another political hack.

"And so basically, what it looks like is going to happen is that Libby and Karl Rove are going to be executed," Franken said. When the crowd began to laugh, Franken added, "Yeah. And I don't know how I feel about it because I'm basically against the death penalty …"

This was something Franken said before he was a Senator. If one inadvertent leak deserves the death penalty the other should as well. Not to mention that this time it's supposedly an actual CIA agent in a dangerous assignment versus an analyst.

I don't even need to go into your false statement of Plame outing purposeful. The actual evidence showed the opposite which is why after years of investigation nobody was charged for that, much less went to trial or was convicted. Crimes against the government happen to be some of the most pursued crimes in the justice system so we have no indication that if there were a purposeful "outing" that there wouldn't have been charges.

This brings up an interesting point to me. People on here were so eager to call for prison terms for people that they thought could have even possibly committed a crime against the government at the time. Fast forward to now and the government (IRS) has possibly committed crimes against its citizens and they have say there shouldn't even be an investigation. After demanding years of investigations into something that was know at the time wasn't even a crime. Still people like you accuse others of criminal activity even though it didn't happen(intentionally outing a covert CIA operative).

Very amusing.

BrownArmy

Thanks for the reply.

This is from the article you posted:

"The disclosure marked a rare instance in which a CIA officer working overseas had his cover — the secrecy meant to protect his actual identity — pierced by his own government. The only other recent case came under significantly different circumstances, when former CIA operative Valerie Plame was exposed as officials of the George W. Bush administration sought to discredit her husband, a former ambassador and fierce critic of the decision to invade Iraq."

In either case, I'm not generally an advocate for anyone to go to jail, unless it's warranted.

In this current 'CIA officer leak', I think several boneheads should lose their job, at the least, but 'the most' doesn't mean jail.

I see now that your thread title was sarcastic.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
The point people with agendas seem to be missing is that the White House published the list of dignitaries that would be attending President Obama's meeting with the troops that was forwarded to them by the military command in Afghanistan. It was not a White House list, it was a list made by the command in Afghanistan.

Now, I'm sure that some will argue that the POTUS is the CiC, and it's his responsibility for everything than happens anywhere, but we all know that the POTUS is not omniscient. If that were the case, the entire last administration would be on death row.

I have no idea what my friend from North Tennessee is trying to accomplish with his circular arguments and petty vendetta's. It looks to the outside observer that maybe he has a problem with the IRS.

Typical freeloader.

av8torntn

It was not a White House list, .

Given the information available this is false. White House staff released this. It makes no difference where the staffer got the information of the staffer had clearance to have the information. The "outer" is the person who released the information to people without clearance.