Will they fire me over shoes?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm a seasonal PVD and I've been working with barefoot style "boots" with very thin/flexible bottoms, zero-drop from heel to toe, and wide toe box. Anyone who knows anything about the latest foot science would know that barefoot style shoes are by far the safest to avoid trips and sprains, as well as protect the long-term health of your foot and back (raised heels misalign the posterior chain). Our toes are designed to be able to web out and all the muscles of our foot are supposed to be activated while we walk, especially on uneven terrain. Well the problem is that my boss keeps telling me I have to get other shoes and today he said he'll send me home if I don't get regular boots. So naturally, caring about the health of my feet, gait and steadiness I'm going to wear the same shoes on Monday. I'm by far the fastest PVD in my unit, I can blast out 70 packages and 100 miles in 5-6 hours. Will they really fire me because of this? I'm religiously opposed to wearing Chinese foot bindings which is what regular boots are. It's sadistic foot torture.
images
Yes ur fired right now

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Walking through unknown delivery areas can be dicey....especially for your feet...especially at night....
Well now we know which side of the aisle you stand on this issue:

Poop Head

Judge me.
I'm a seasonal PVD and I've been working with barefoot style "boots" with very thin/flexible bottoms, zero-drop from heel to toe, and wide toe box. Anyone who knows anything about the latest foot science would know that barefoot style shoes are by far the safest to avoid trips and sprains, as well as protect the long-term health of your foot and back (raised heels misalign the posterior chain). Our toes are designed to be able to web out and all the muscles of our foot are supposed to be activated while we walk, especially on uneven terrain. Well the problem is that my boss keeps telling me I have to get other shoes and today he said he'll send me home if I don't get regular boots. So naturally, caring about the health of my feet, gait and steadiness I'm going to wear the same shoes on Monday. I'm by far the fastest PVD in my unit, I can blast out 70 packages and 100 miles in 5-6 hours. Will they really fire me because of this? I'm religiously opposed to wearing Chinese foot bindings which is what regular boots are. It's sadistic foot torture.
images
Barefoot is the only way to go.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Much less likely with barefoot shoes. You think the native Americans routinely sprained their ankles and ended up handicapped for a month? Or any of our ancestors? Highly doubtful, the native Americans were knowing for being spectacularly agile (look up Puebloan cliff dwellings). With boots, you can't use your foot muscles to keep you stable, you can't use your toes to grip the ground like a chimp. Boots are have thicker rubber, causing your ankle to be more of an inflection point. ALSO, if you catch the side of your boot on something and are going for a sprain, you're going to do a lot more damage due to the design of them which limits movement necessary to avoid putting weight on a sprain when it happens. It's amazing to me that this isn't common sense/common knowledge by now. Modern footwear handicaps your feet. There are 29 muscles associated with the human foot. (10 foot/ankle and 19 intrinsic), why would you want to let those sit mostly limp in a foot-cast?

It's just upsetting when an employer tries to force their bad, outdated medical advice onto you.
Nobody cares what footwear youre wearing. Also, they make leather barefoot boots. If you ever make it on fulltime, you can get yourself some custom made barefoot boots. Sounds like your head is in the right place when it comes to your feet.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
And for the sake of everyone, please wear deodorant. No one wants to smell your funk except maybe patchouli oil wearing women trying to hide their OWN funk.
And now, a Wallation™:

Perhaps some flower child-hippy chick, herself doused with patchouli oil in an failed effort to cover up her person reeking like a landfill on a hot summer day, will enjoy your body odor, but no one else will...

You may think smelling horrific, like a wild animal immersed in a night of dumpster diving, to be natural. The rest of us think you reek to high heaven! Please wash and use deodorant!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
images
Sasquatch feet. How are those moccasins when a medium weight package drops on em?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sasquatch feet. How are those moccasins when a medium weight package drops on em?
And if this fruit loop isn’t just a troll this is where we are in society. I want my toes spread out like a weird :censored2: head but I’ll also sue for work and comp and damages if I drop something on my feet while wearing tranny slippers And it’s not fair if I get sent home for wearing them. Dumbmother:censored2:ers.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I live all-naturalle, I'm on an organ meat and salt diet so my immune system is ironclad.
You're in luck, I just so happen to have some two-ball compound and a salty organ you can feast on. You're not a UPS employee and never will be so you can stop trying to make small talk like you're part of the gang. Beat it Barney!