Will they fire me over shoes?

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Nobody can tell you if you will or won't except your center manager. If your center manager told you to wear different shoes, then you wear different shoes. But, if you know what's best for you and apparently you do and don't appear to be flexible about conforming to the appearance standards, continue wearing your shoes and find out what happens. By the way, UPS standards regarding shoes is black or brown polishable leather last I heard. If you delivered a package to my house I'd probably shake my head and hold my nose.

542thruNthru

You're in luck, I just so happen to have some two-ball compound and a salty organ you can feast on. You're not a UPS employee and never will be so you can stop trying to make small talk like you're part of the gang. Beat it Barney!
Where you been big Scoob! How's everything going?

0ssu

You're in luck, I just so happen to have some two-ball compound and a salty organ you can feast on. You're not a UPS employee and never will be so you can stop trying to make small talk like you're part of the gang. Beat it Barney!
I know I'll never be part of the gang but I have to admit this forum is lit and you're an amusing group of box :censored2:ers.

Nobody can tell you if you will or won't except your center manager. If your center manager told you to wear different shoes, then you wear different shoes. But, if you know what's best for you and apparently you do and don't appear to be flexible about conforming to the appearance standards, continue wearing your shoes and find out what happens. By the way, UPS standards regarding shoes is black or brown polishable leather last I heard. If you delivered a package to my house I'd probably shake my head and hold my nose.
If it were all about appearance I'd slip into the browns and brown my underwear like the rest of you. But clearly there is some kind of conspiracy afoot here to cripple the population, probably goes well beyond UPS.

542thruNthru

I know I'll never be part of the gang but I have to admit this forum is lit.

giphy-23.gif

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I'm a seasonal PVD and I've been working with barefoot style "boots" with very thin/flexible bottoms, zero-drop from heel to toe, and wide toe box. Anyone who knows anything about the latest foot science would know that barefoot style shoes are by far the safest to avoid trips and sprains, as well as protect the long-term health of your foot and back (raised heels misalign the posterior chain). Our toes are designed to be able to web out and all the muscles of our foot are supposed to be activated while we walk, especially on uneven terrain. Well the problem is that my boss keeps telling me I have to get other shoes and today he said he'll send me home if I don't get regular boots. So naturally, caring about the health of my feet, gait and steadiness I'm going to wear the same shoes on Monday. I'm by far the fastest PVD in my unit, I can blast out 70 packages and 100 miles in 5-6 hours. Will they really fire me because of this? I'm religiously opposed to wearing Chinese foot bindings which is what regular boots are. It's sadistic foot torture.
images
You will never be a RPCD… the end