Will Trump Repeal Bill Clinton's Mistakes

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, actually, I was speaking towards your comment about long standing religious tradition towards marriage, in relation to Romney and the historical positions towards plural marriage within the Mormon church.
I see ... I know several Mormons and they hold no such beliefs.
It may be more prevalent in Utah and surrounding states but I'm simply not familiar with it.
I am familiar with the "outdated" concept which was quite common in Biblical times.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I see ... I know several Mormons and they hold no such beliefs.
It may be more prevalent in Utah and surrounding states but I'm simply not familiar with it.
I am familiar with the "outdated" concept which was quite common in Biblical times.
Yes, the "long standing" tradition of marriage seems to evolve quite a bit over time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I worked at UPS for 40 years and the entire time I was there the mantra was watch the pennies.
With the US government, maybe you watch the 10,000 or more but you have to watch everything.
In project management, you break work down into smaller units of work to facilitate comprehension and executability.
It can work in government too.
In gov't the reasoning is if your dept. has xxxx in a budget you MUST use it.
That way your dept has a base line for any future allotments .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes, the "long standing" tradition of marriage seems to evolve quite a bit over time.
I don't feel strongly about this myself use of the term "Marriage".
I only feel that any couple union should have all the same legal rights as the others.
I do try to be respectful of a large group of the population that does not believe as the US Central Government Supreme Court ruled.

I got married in the eyes of my God and I could care less what the Government thought or required (it was none of their business) but I changed my mind when my daughter was born and realized the government entitlements she would have if we were legally married.

I can see many of the states making amendments to their laws to replace Marriage with Legal Union. and ...
Letting registered religious organizations issue Marriage certificates which may require a Legal Union before issuing a Marriage certificate.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
In gov't the reasoning is if your dept. has xxxx in a budget you MUST use it.
That way your dept has a base line for any future allotments .
It's also like that in many companies ... IBM use to be like that and any company regulated by Government does that too.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't feel strongly about this myself use of the term "Marriage".
I only feel that any couple union should have all the same legal rights as the others.
I do try to be respectful of a large group of the population that does not believe as the US Central Government Supreme Court ruled.

I got married in the eyes of my God and I could care less what the Government thought or required (it was none of their business) but I changed my mind when my daughter was born and realized the government entitlements she would have if we were legally married.

I can see many of the states making amendments to their laws to replace Marriage with Legal Union. and ...
Letting various religious organization issue Marriage certificates which may require a Legal Union before issuing a Marriage certificate.
I would like to see states get out of the marriage business. I was married to my wife by a judge in his chambers, and I would have no problem with it being defined legally as a union and not a marriage. We are married no matter what the government or some professional clergyman says.

watdaflock?

I read the article and it occurred to me:

Making it marginally harder on single parent families would help to force/entice people to have a typical nuclear family.
It costs governments to serve a two-parent family almost the same ... per household.

Maybe the practice of having kids with no father in the household will at least not be financially beneficial.
So in other words, you're sexist. How about homes where the father has custody and the ex-wife decided she didn't want to be a mom anymore?

watdaflock?

Marriage is the long standing tradition of most religious organizations.
Which our Government needs to be no part of. Keep your cult out of Washington.

f4b97e6c706ee523091d6b9e8ffb3b3e.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Which our Government needs to be no part of. Keep your cult out of Washington.

f4b97e6c706ee523091d6b9e8ffb3b3e.jpg

Agree with that 100% ... try reading my posts a couple times at least.
Your comprehension appears lacking based on your replies to my posts.
And it is not the cults sticking their nose in as much as government sticking their nose in ... at least in this particular instance.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

When one can't argue their point, they pick on insignificant points to deflect the dialogue.
I started to put spouse but it seemed awkward but Spouse it is.
So you believe single parents should pay more because why?

I read the article and it occurred to me:

Making it marginally harder on single parent families would help to force/entice people to have a typical nuclear family.
It costs governments to serve a two-parent family almost the same ... per household.

Maybe the practice of having kids with no father in the household will at least not be financially beneficial.

If it costs the government almost the same, why make it harder on single parent families?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So you believe single parents should pay more because why?

If it costs the government almost the same, why make it harder on single parent families?

If you go back and read my posts, I was saying this is what the government does.
I also said, I'm not sure what the goal of this government social engineering was or is.
I think we should all pay less taxes to the US Central Government.