Will we strike in 2013

twoweeled

I think we should! Will we, is hard to say. Everyone starts to shrink up when that time comes. UPS is going to offer us a barge full of crap, as well as horrible working conditions. The conditions have become so horrible now, It's as though they are stabbing us, searching for our pain threshold. If we take what they have to offer, they will know they can dig deeper into us, the next time around. Make no mistake, fair and equitable have nothing to do with negotiations. We want the most we can get, and UPS wants to give the least they can give. If we take it, then that's what we get! Done.
One thing I can't figure out. Often both company and union will play to the part timers to get something passed. How do they expect the crazy cost of health care insurance to get passed by part timers? I'm guessing the math is showing, enough young, single part-timers who have no interest in insurance??
My overall general opinion, is it will be war with the company from here on in. Win or Lose.

twoweeled

Overtime has always been non negotiable. Respect has always lacked, but never as much as today. But paying for healthcare will be the last straw. If the company pushes it, and it is not just a bargaining chip - then yes we will strike I think.

P

pickup

me havest question. If the bone of contention is having us pay something for our health benefits, then what about our bretheren and sisteren up in Canada? Their health benefits come from the government , not from UPS. So what's up with those Canadian People? How are their contract fates intertwined in the American ones?

I don't know if there are any Canadians that are members of this forum, but if there are please add your input.

And while you are at it, can you explain to me who that lady on most of your currency is? Ahh , maybe that question should not be addressed.

P

pickup

I think it's that chick from "Baywatch".

ahh, if that's case, if they put her on their flag as well and ran it up the pole, I would salute it.

and by the way, I am pretty sure I had at least over 5,000 posts, closer to 6,000 than 5,000 if I remember correctly. Yet I now only have 4,709, at least according to the post counter to the left. Out of curiosity, is this a computer glitch?

over9five

Staff member
ahh, if that's case, if they put her on their flag as well and ran it up the pole, I would salute it.

and by the way, I am pretty sure I had at least over 5,000 posts, closer to 6,000 than 5,000 if I remember correctly. Yet I now only have 4,709, at least according to the post counter to the left. Out of curiosity, is this a computer glitch?
I have no idea how many posts I had. Upstate seems to keep track of that stuff, ask him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your petty interactions with Klein have been deleted and deducted from your post count hence the revised number.

P

pickup

Your petty interactions with Klein have been deleted and deducted from your post count hence the revised number.

If that's the case, why didn't the posts directed to and about your surrogate wife(moreluck) get deleted? If they were deleted, your post count would be around 3,000. :surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If that's the case, why didn't the posts directed to and about your surrogate wife(moreluck) get deleted? If they were deleted, your post count would be around 3,000. :surprised:
I'm nobody's surrogate wife........married 45 years to the best man ever!!!! I resent being called that.........

P

pickup

I'm nobody's surrogate wife........married 45 years to the best man ever!!!! I resent being called that.........

And I am a feeder driver, but everyone in my neighbor thinks I am a package car driver because i wear the same uniform. I know what I am , but they think I am something else. Get it?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Back to the topic, If the company continues with its crazy proposals they will force a strike!!

My opinion, YES there will be a strike

Do you recall why we went on strike last time for part timers that was a bunch of bs. Carrey lied to evey teamster and sold us out re Behind the browncurtainUPS it tells the whole story from the beginning of ups

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do you recall why we went on strike last time for part timers that was a bunch of bs. Carrey lied to evey teamster and sold us out

While I agree with your assessment, there are a number of 22.3 quasi fulltime jobs around.

For those people supporting their family with one of these 22.3 jobs, the 1997 strike worked out.

ups and teamsters have been I cahoots since day one and will not jeapordize the money,but if they do srike ups does have the money to topple the union that is for sure