Winter Storm Stella March 2017 - Who is Affected in the Northeast

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
On vacation for 2 weeks in Florida. Left Sunday morning. My son said they got 24 inches at the house. Whew missed that one. State of emergency was called. So our building was closed.

rod

Retired 22 years
WITF do you live that you never saw a one or two day shut down for a weather event?

I can only recall 2 days we were shut down in 30 years and we had some dandy snow storms. The ONLY 2 times we were shut down was when they couldn't get the feeders to us.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I can only recall 2 days we were shut down in 30 years and we had some dandy snow storms. The ONLY 2 times we were shut down was when they couldn't get the feeders to us.

We pretty much were sent out unless the state shut the roads down. Not the company's decision.

Ghost in the Darkness

Limited number of routes going out with only send again ECs and covering pickups. Many of us have the day off. In my opinion, wind & whiteout is worse than heavy snow. Cleaned out the driveway last night and this morning and its already drifted in again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Woke up to over 30" of snow on the ground. Schools are closed for a second day. It is too early to hear from work but I would not be surprised if we stay home again today.

Well, the phone call never came. :(

Actually, it wasn't that bad of a day. I was able to get rid of everything (creative multiple left ats) and will start tomorrow completely clean.

Only had to climb over snow banks 10 times.

rod

Retired 22 years

Seriously--just how friend-ing stupid do you have to be to stand there? If you can find the whole video these idiots had plenty of time to move back.

evilleace

Seriously--just how friend-ing stupid do you have to be to stand there? If you can find the whole video these idiots had plenty of time to move back.

Saw that on the news this morning while I was getting ready and all I could think was why the hell are you still standing there!

Teospal

Like only 25% of preload actually showed up on Tueday. Unload and sort had like only 6 people; 4 loaders per belt with one belt having no sup. It was a gravy day loading 8 cars at a ridiculously slow flow. Managed to load 30% of the volume in 5 hours of work which was more than I would have guessed. Only 5 or so drivers showed up when we left and they wound up not even going out. Was a nice break while still getting paid but we paid for it dearly trying to catch up the rest of the week.

Box Ox

Probably people who walk right up to the track while in the smartphone zombie twilight zone as part of their daily routine. Maybe expect the train wouldn't operate without a cleared track and didn't bother to look.

Same smartphone zombies who can't snap out of it when a traffic light turns green. They're everywhere in my area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Looks like you paid for it on Monday.

I personally did not pay for it as I was able to get rid of everything every day post storm; however, the guys on our rural routes who chose to EC packages have been paying the price for that decision.

The driver next to me in the lineup had a Peak dispatch yesterday.