Winter Storm Stella March 2017 - Who is Affected in the Northeast

upsgrunt

It's nice that you people got the day/days off, but I feel sorry for you the end of this week, and all next week. Catching up sucks, and when people are forced to stay home all they do is get on the internet and order stuff, and screw. Better rest up- you're gonna be busy for awhile.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It's nice that you people got the day/days off, but I feel sorry for you the end of this week, and all next week. Catching up sucks, and when people are forced to stay home all they do is get on the internet and order stuff, and screw. Better rest up- you're gonna be busy for awhile.

WITF do you live that you never saw a one or two day shut down for a weather event?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Just got in. Pooped
Why so early?
20170314_213453.jpg

upsgrunt

So maybe you would understand that shutdowns occur for safety reasons. Sometimes incurred by local and state governments.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and it's a great idea. My point is that catching up at UPS from a shutdown sucks- maybe you would understand that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yes, I'm aware of that, and it's a great idea. My point is that catching up at UPS from a shutdown sucks- maybe you would understand that.

Been there, done that lots of times.

Just as many times sent out when we should have stayed in.

Catch up is just part of the job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All of the night sorts in our area are closed tonight so there would no new volume coming in for tomorrow other than air.
We had 18 inches once. Told us to come in at 11 am to run air.

I couldn't get anywhere told them they'd have to come get me. Sup broke a cv axle in my subdivision. Worked 5 hours got 3 stops off. Not exactly worth it.