Wish me luck, I'm gonna go kill something

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can't wait for the pictures of the majestic animal you blew away with a high powered rifle. This, of course, is assuming you are gracious enough to get a center mass "kill shot" on a defenseless animal.
But wait......it is probably more fun to wound such a beautiful creature. That way you can experience the zen of chasing it through the brush and thicket as it tries to escape you before the blood completely drains from its body.
After the last shred of life has left its body, you can mount it and proudly tell stories to your friends around the fireplace about what an adventure it was and how it aroused your primordial instincts.
You go big man!

If you are a vegan/vegetarian who does not eat meat, fish, eggs or dairy products of any kind....or wear leather...or use medications that have been tested on animals...and you also keep your pets on a strict vegan regimen instead of giving them normal dog or cat food...then I can respect your opinion even if I do not share it.

If, on the other hand, you have no problem buying your packaged meat, eggs, medicine, milk or pet food at the store as long as you can remain blissfully ignorant of where it came from and how it was made...you are a hypocrite and I would respectfully ask you to STFU.

Statistical fact; over half of all deer and elk that were born this spring will die of starvation or disease this winter. A good portion of those that survive will be eaten alive by cougars or other predators. Nature is a rough place whether men with guns hunt in it or not. There arent any nursing homes for wild animals to peacefully grow old in, and real life isnt like the Bambi cartoons that you apparently base your opinions on. If you want to discuss enviornmental destruction, habitat loss or the inhumane conditions in factory farms I will probably be in agreement with you on those issues, but please dont criticize me simply because I choose to hunt for the meat I eat instead of paying a butcher to do it for me.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Ya had to figure there would be a few tree huggers on here. I'm sure the leather boots they will wear to work on monday were donated by a cow that just got tired of wearing its hide.:peaceful:

brownieboy

I can't wait for the pictures of the majestic animal you blew away with a high powered rifle. This, of course, is assuming you are gracious enough to get a center mass "kill shot" on a defenseless animal.
But wait......it is probably more fun to wound such a beautiful creature. That way you can experience the zen of chasing it through the brush and thicket as it tries to escape you before the blood completely drains from its body.
After the last shred of life has left its body, you can mount it and proudly tell stories to your friends around the fireplace about what an adventure it was and how it aroused your primordial instincts.
You go big man!
Im just going to ignore this one. Mama always said " If ya cant say nuthin' nice, dont say anything at all" And my own quote " For every animal PETA saves, I KILL and eat three"

brownieboy

BTW Im jealous, PLEASE post pics or pm me o ya can email them. Hunting elk is my dream hunt. I will draw a Nebraska elk tag some day. They shoot some bruisers here.

wyobill

Good Luck Sober! I hope you kill a Big one. Ignore Trick he dosen't know any better.
Hope he never comes to Wyoming. Hell we all hunt here. Im taking LIL Comet hunting with me next time I go and it will be freezing out. LOL...........
We want to see pics Sober.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I took this in Yellowstone a few years back, this is what Soberups is hunting for. Giant rack!
elk.jpg

filthpig

You go big man!
If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

old levi's

blank space
I'm neutral on this issue, but you have to recognize that the title of this thread could have been considered inflammatory by some people.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm neutral on this issue, but you have to recognize that the title of this thread could have been considered inflammatory by some people.

It made me hopeful until I realized he was not talking about my first wife. :wink2:

I fish on occasions and eat meat every meal so while it is not my culture; neither is eating cavier.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Remember the hunting camp rules when sharing sleeping quarters.

Sleep pole to pole.
Sleep hole to hole.
No sleeping pole to hole.