Wish me luck, I'm gonna go kill something

trickpony1

I took this in Yellowstone a few years back, this is what Soberups is hunting for. Giant rack!

Yep, looks like a heavily armed and combat ready elk to me.
BUT WAIT......special ops forward scouts report this elk may offer heavy resistance, may deploy IED's, may have access to hidden stores of munitions and my blend in with the population.
BUT WAIT.....central command has authorized the use of wire guided missles and, better yet, laser guided bombs.

If you all really wanted to even the odds and have some adventure we would legalize the ancient Roman practice of gladiators, condemned men fighting to the death and hungry lions and human combatants in the coliseum together....to the death.
Let's up the ante even more and have a nationwide lottery drawing for combatants grouped by age, sex and any other arbitirary classification.
BUT WAIT......this would be considered cruel and inhuman. But taking a gut shot or a hind quarters shot on an elk and then thrilling in the zen of chasing it through the thicket until another shot is made or the animal bleeds to death apparently isn't.
The only challenge I see in elk, or any other hunting, is seeing who can smear enough female thermones on themselves, make provocative sexual noises attempting to draw the prey and not sipping on the whiskey bottle too much.
Perhaps some of you have made an art of squealing like a pig (a reference to a movie)
Did anyone here get the point I just made? Probably not.

tieguy

Banned
Yep, looks like a heavily armed and combat ready elk to me.
BUT WAIT......special ops forward scouts report this elk may offer heavy resistance, may deploy IED's, may have access to hidden stores of munitions and my blend in with the population.
BUT WAIT.....central command has authorized the use of wire guided missles and, better yet, laser guided bombs.

If you all really wanted to even the odds and have some adventure we would legalize the ancient Roman practice of gladiators, condemned men fighting to the death and hungry lions and human combatants in the coliseum together....to the death.
Let's up the ante even more and have a nationwide lottery drawing for combatants grouped by age, sex and any other arbitirary classification.
BUT WAIT......this would be considered cruel and inhuman. But taking a gut shot or a hind quarters shot on an elk and then thrilling in the zen of chasing it through the thicket until another shot is made or the animal bleeds to death apparently isn't.
The only challenge I see in elk, or any other hunting, is seeing who can smear enough female thermones on themselves, make provocative sexual noises attempting to draw the prey and not sipping on the whiskey bottle too much.
Perhaps some of you have made an art of squealing like a pig (a reference to a movie)
Did anyone here get the point I just made? Probably not.

what he say?

Dutch Dawg

what he say?

He either said he was jealous it's not him out in the woods stalking as man was intended and he has some really serious issues as a result of his envy or he said he perfers to chase the animal down and talk it to death. At least that's what I gathered from all that rambling.

I think he said he was an animal rights activist with serious issues with people hunting, or that he was an idiot that thinks animals should be allowed to starve to death rather than be harvested by responsible hunters for food. Hunters to him equals to alcoholic impaired, cruel people set on seeing how much pain they can inflict on an animal before finally killing it. I would be willing to bet the same idiot is in favor of abortions in the name of womens rights as a method of birth control.

LiL"Comet"

Good Luck Sober! I hope you kill a Big one. Ignore Trick he dosen't know any better.
Hope he never comes to Wyoming. Hell we all hunt here. Im taking LIL Comet hunting with me next time I go and it will be freezing out. LOL...........
We want to see pics Sober.

LOL When I saw this thread I starting thinking of the movie.... I think UP THE CREEK... where the guys are in the tent

We will have to make sure to bring some long johns!!!! LOL:wink2:

when in doubt- always sleep with one eye open:wink2:

Oops sorry big guy I was dreaming and you were keeping me so warm...:weird::blushing2: lol

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sober, If I send an ice chest and dry ice and a NDA will you send me the heart or liver? Don't care which but the heart is MY FAVORITE.

Pretty Please!!!!!!:happy-very:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Im just going to ignore this one. Mama always said " If ya cant say nuthin' nice, dont say anything at all" And my own quote " For every animal PETA saves, I KILL and eat three"

I thought that was something that MADDOX says as well. Maybe not the PETA part but for sure the eat three.

maddox.xmission.com

Funny guy if you have thick skin and like his brand of humor and sarcasm.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
hey trick

not all hunters fall into what you describe. there are a lot of hunters that will spend hours tracking down an animal, and a lot of time getting to where you can get a clean fatal shot. i happen to be one of those. I would rather never shoot than to wound an animal. if the shot is not 100% good and fatal, it does not get taken.

that being said, each year there are "hunters" that brag about taking sound shots. for those of you that dont understand, it is taking a shot at what might be what you are hunting for, but cant see. that is a good way to kill or wound another hunter.

I would say that sober is one of the first.

that also being said, i heard they have taken a portable TV and intend to watch broke back mountain............

to each their own...:happy-very:

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
brown monster

Sleep pole to pole.
Sleep hole to hole.
No sleeping pole to hole

that used to have one meaning, and it was meant to keep you out of trouble!

now days it would seem to also be the montra of the gay activist?

oh how times have changed........

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...But taking a gut shot or a hind quarters shot on an elk and then thrilling in the zen of chasing it through the thicket until another shot is made or the animal bleeds to death apparently isn't.

Have you ever hunted? Do you have any factual knowledge of what you speak? Or are your opinions based solely on Bambi movies?

I must again ask you again...are you a vegan, and if you have pets do you keep them on a strict vegan regimen? Or are you simply a hypocrite who has no problem buying meat, eggs or pet food as long as you can remain blissfully ignorant and detached from the bloody reality of how those products are produced?

The area I hunted in has a huge predation problem involving cougars. The cougar waits until a pregnant cow elk is in the middle of giving birth, and then tears into and consumes the partially ejected calf while the helpless cow lies there and watches. The cougar might then eat the cow...or perhaps only injure it enough to where it is crippled and unable to escape from the pack of coyotes that will eventually eat it alive. Do you also regard this as barbaric, or are you even capable of comprehending the fact that nature is a cruel place? I might also add that, prior to 2000, the cougar population was kept in check by hunters using dogs. A group of PETA types got together and lobbied to ban the practice of hunting with dogs, thereby causing the cougar population to explode. By banning one form of "cruelty" they simply increased another....but since they (and you) are clueless as to the reality of nature, they got to sit back in their big city homes, sip their organic lattes, and pat themselves on the back for "protecting the animals."

Last edited: