Women at UPS

542thruNthru

In your case, that makes sense because all you are interested in is your pusillanimous self! :rolleyes:

OMG.gif

Personal attack reported!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
To be or not to be eligible for FMLA leave

Q: Are part-time employees entitled to FMLA leave?

A: Whether the employee is part-time or full-time does not matter. If the employee has worked at least 12 months and 1,250 hours in the past 12 months, he would meet those criteria for FMLA. A part-time employee could work 28 hours per week and still meet these criteria (28 x 4 = 112; 112 x 12 = 1,344).

BobBarker

Hi new permanent worker here at UPS. I love working at UPS. How do women packages handlers get through during their period days?? I get extreme period cramps and mood swings/ depressio and very heavy flow. Due to my mental health issues, it mentally really hard for me to get through the days on top of physical pain. First day of my period is toughest day. I know US does not have period leave days. Did you ever call out because of period and if so what reason did you give ?
if your new youll get used to the pain itll make you stronger just drink lots of water it helps the body, but there is a lot of girls in my hub they usually just show up and take the pain because its UPS. if your really hurt one day ask your sup if you can switch to light work around the hub like small sort its lighter boxes, but overall just show up, wear a pad to catch the blood and work.

Returntosender

EASTERN DIVISION
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ) COMMISSION, ) ) Plaintiff, )
) No. 09 C 5291 v. )
) Judge Sara L. Ellis UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC., )
Defendant.
) )
OPINION AND ORDER
Plaintiff Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) filed a second amended complaint against United Parcel Service, Inc. (“UPS”) on behalf of former UPS employee Trudi Momsen and other unidentified class members alleging that UPS violated sections 102(b)(3)(A), (b)(5)(A), and (b)(6) of Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), 42 U.S.C.
§§ 12112(b)(3)(A), (b)(5)(A), (b)(6). Before the Court is UPS’s motion to dismiss the
§ 12112(b)(6) claim pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6). For the following reasons, UPS’s motion [97] is denied.

BACKGROUND 1
Since 2002, UPS has maintained a leave policy providing that employees will be
“administratively separated from employment” after twelve months of leave. Second Am. Compl. ¶ 9. This policy is applied to qualified individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of their jobs with or without a reasonable accommodation. For example,
1 The Court presumes familiarity with its prior opinions and orders in this case and refers the reader to its January 11, 2013 Memorandum Opinion and Order, Doc. 83, for a more detailed description of the procedural history of this case. It sets forth here only those facts necessary to resolution of the pending motion to dismiss. These facts are taken from the second amended complaint and are presumed true for the purpose of resolving UPS’s motion to dismiss. See Virnich v. Vorwald, 664 friend.3d 206, 212 (7th Cir. 2011).

Momsen, who worked at UPS since 1990, was terminated in March 2007 soon after returning from a twelve-month medical leave of absence. When she returned to work in February 2007, she required a cane to walk and requested reasonable accommodations including a hand cart, but UPS refused to provide her with any accommodations. Soon after returning to work, Momsen injured herself and needed to take additional time off to receive therapeutic treatment. Instead of granting Momsen’s request for additional medical leave, however, UPS fired her pursuant to its twelve-month leave policy. Another employee, Mavis Luvert, was also fired pursuant to the policy after being placed on a disability leave of absence for twelve months.
LEGAL STANDARD
A motion to dismiss under Rule 12(b)(6) challenges the sufficiency of the complaint, not its merits. Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6); Gibson v. City of Chicago, 910 friend.2d 1510, 1520 (7th Cir. 1990). In considering a Rule 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss, the Court accepts as true all well- pleaded facts in the plaintiff’s complaint and draws all reasonable inferences from those facts in the plaintiff’s favor. AnchorBank, FSB v. Hofer, 649 friend.3d 610, 614 (7th Cir. 2011). To survive a Rule 12(b)(6) motion, the complaint must not only provide the defendant with fair notice of a claim’s basis but must also be facially plausible. Ashcroft v. Iqbal, 556 U.S. 662, 678, 129 S. Ct. 1937, 173 L. Ed. 2d 868 (2009); see also Bell Atl. Corp. v. Twombly, 550 U.S. 544, 555, 127 S. Ct. 1955, 167 L. Ed. 2d 929 (2007). “A claim has facial plausibility when the plaintiff pleads factual content that allows the court to draw the reasonable inference that the defendant is liable for the misconduct alleged.” Iqbal, 556 U.S. at 678.

ANALYSIS
The ADA prohibits an employer from
using qualification standards, employment tests or other selection criteria that screen out or tend to screen out an individual with a disability or a class of individuals with disabilities unless the standard, test or other selection criteria, as used by the covered entity, is shown to be job-related for the position in question and is consistent with business necessity.

Observer

Anyone I know that has heavy periods - will call off the first day. Men who don't have spouses that have heavy flow have no idea what some gals go through. Hope for a couple of periods to start on your weekends. You may have to wear two pads. If it goes through your jeans - this will freak out some males and they will allow you to leave. Don't let them harass you as that is illegal. You might try small sort - as they are more likely to have a restroom nearby. I know some gals use those hot patches on their legs (the ones that actually are for your back). Sorry for any guys that poked fun at you. It makes you wonder will a lot of the respondants bullies in school?