Women being attracted to UPS drivers

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
what are you talking about. If you come from the "soft jobs" you won't make it.. I came from preload and thought I was tough. Lost 25 lbs and 8" of my waist. and was sore as hell for for 6 months. That was 13yrs ago. It's all in the legs and the forearms. That's all I got to say..

I didnt say preload was a soft job, I was stating a few others that are. Theres three types of jobs at UPS, those are soft jobs, middle and hard. People always try to claim that unload is SUPER hard, yet I've done it and it was the easiest thing I've done here so far. I was bored actually.

Preload requires a little bit of everything. When people rage on UPS its usually these types of jobs they rag on. I've seen people stright up quit the very first day on preload. I've seen seasoned drivers brought back in the building and request something elese after one day on preload. Preload job isnt for children.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I am actually an off-the-street hire so I spent exactly zero days in the hub. Hate me now, don't you?:happy-very:

Nah, your the exception in the matter. Though I do see that the driving job isnt has hard as people make it out to be. Theres a lot of hype in the matter. To me, I really dont care about the driving job. I think after some practice and time I would be fantastic at the job. Yet theres a ton of silver lining one would have to go threw and jump over.

I would push UPS to make all people wanting to drive to spend at least a year on preload and slam them everyday. This would be the test to see if anyone could handle the stresses the driving job would offer. 70% turn over in my HUB ( for preload alone ), would mean a very small window of people actually making it at all.

old levi's

blank space
I am actually an off-the-street hire so I spent exactly zero days in the hub. Hate me now, don't you?:happy-very:

Will there be an asterisk on my pension check?

It's this type of attitude that some outside hires bring to the table that really irritates those who did time in the trenches. I worked preload for 13 years before a driving job was available.

Seems to me that an outside hire should accept their job as a gift, appreciate the gift , and not use every opportunity to flaunt their hire status.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's this type of attitude that some outside hires bring to the table that really irritates those who did time in the trenches. I worked preload for 13 years before a driving job was available.

Seems to me that an outside hire should accept their job as a gift, appreciate the gift , and not use every opportunity to flaunt their hire status.

I completed an application, was interviewed and hired, partly based upon the 8 years I served in the military and the fact that I completed my bachelor's degree while serving. A gift is something you receive without having to work for it--I do not consider my job a gift. I was hired under the provisions of a contract that the employees at the time approved. I earned my posiition and they have more than made back their investment in me.

I have said all along that working on the inside would have given me a greater perspective on how hard the PTers actually work.; however, it would have had no bearing on my ability to deliver packages.

I have more classification senioriity than 3 or 4 employees with more company seniority. I couldn't care less about that nor could I care what your opinion is of me. The only responsibility I have is to my family. If that pisses you off I don't care.

Dave

menotyou

bella amicizia
I completed an application, was interviewed and hired, partly based upon the 8 years I served in the military and the fact that I completed my bachelor's degree while serving. A gift is something you receive without having to work for it--I do not consider my job a gift. I was hired under the provisions of a contract that the employees at the time approved. I earned my posiition and they have more than made back their investment in me.

I have said all along that working on the inside would have given me a greater perspective on how hard the PTers actually work.; however, it would have had no bearing on my ability to deliver packages.

I have more classification senioriity than 3 or 4 employees with more company seniority. I couldn't care less about that nor could I care what your opinion is of me. The only responsibility I have is to my family. If that pisses you off I don't care.

Dave

After 20 some years, you've more than earned my respect. I am glad you acknowledge insiders do gain a certain insight, and that we work(ed) our petunia's off. Not everyone notices.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

After 20 some years, you've more than earned my respect. I am glad you acknowledge insiders do gain a certain insight, and that we work(ed) our petunia's off. Not everyone notices.

I make it a point to thank Matt (my preloader) every day and take care of him at Christmas. I know how hard these kids work. I also know that I earned my job and appreciate all of the benefits associated with it. I do not owe anyone an apology.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I make it a point to thank Matt (my preloader) every day and take care of him at Christmas. I know how hard these kids work. I also know that I earned my job and appreciate all of the benefits associated with it. I do not owe anyone an apology.

Thank you for thinking of him at Christmas. Too many drivers forget them. You keep proving you are not the curmudgeon you are sometimes portrayed as. That really is very sweet.

As my father says to me occasionally, "No got you the job, but you. And for that, I am extremely proud of you." He doesn't say that because I was a preloader. It's because I work at UPS, like you.