women making more money

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
We had a driver that would bragg about how much his wife made and that he didn't really need to work. After getting fire and final his job back he quit and went to work for the post office driving TT than according to him he got laid off last time I saw him he was driving for Fed Ex Freight but than again that was almost a year ago.

Shouldve kept his mouth shut. Sure the money your other is great, but you can make a great pay as well, yet no one should know. Keep your outside life away from work, always. Unless it deals with a death or sickness in family, it should be left out of conversation.

They target those who "they" know who dont need the job. In the past, they used to employee people who didnt need the job. Those like retired, ex-military (with pension and without) and other examples. Now they want people who need the job for the money. If not they target them and try their hardest to get them out asap. I guess they see it as, if you need the money, you're gonna have to work hard for it. If not, if you have the funds elsewhere, then you dont need the job.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
My wife will almost double my salary in another year. I don't really understand why it's a big deal or why you even asked the question? I paid her way thru 7 years of school I sure hope I'm a good enough judge of character that she doesn't split.

sssshhh, no one at work needs to know that, ok!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Shouldve kept his mouth shut. Sure the money your other is great, but you can make a great pay as well, yet no one should know. Keep your outside life away from work, always. Unless it deals with a death or sickness in family, it should be left out of conversation.

They target those who "they" know who dont need the job. In the past, they used to employee people who didnt need the job. Those like retired, ex-military (with pension and without) and other examples. Now they want people who need the job for the money. If not they target them and try their hardest to get them out asap. I guess they see it as, if you need the money, you're gonna have to work hard for it. If not, if you have the funds elsewhere, then you dont need the job.
I'd prefer to have the option to stay out and get back pay over groveling for your job back because you didn't have an emergency fund or a wife that makes more. Sounds like this guy is doig what he wants, not because he has too but because he wants to.

Around here they know a lot of the guys who go home and live paycheck to paycheck are the ones they can abuse and crap on their contractual rights. People such as myself do what we should by the book as best to our abilities, knowing if management chooses to get a wild hair and arbitrarily fire us for some BS, we'll just file for backpay and win. Interestingly enough I have been written up once in my 13 year FT driving career. I make my financial status well know around here often to keep management honest when they deal with me.

I've said it before, building wealth allows freedom and protects you from being cornered in more ways than one.

Re-Raise

My gf is getting her cpa in accounting. I'm a fedex delivery guy. Any in the same position as me?

Why would I care that some Fed Ex driver is dating some girl who is trying to be an accountant?

And who says "getting her cpa in accounting" ? what else can you become a Certified Public Accountant in besides accounting?

gingerkat

Originally Posted by Brownslave688
Don't mean to be a downer but how far along is she? I know a few people who got their masters in accounting but never even came close to passing their CPA tests.

she will be done by next March

Like Brownslave said, she still has to sit for the 4 parts of the test and they are hard! Not to mention that most if not all states require you work for 1 to 2 years under the supervision of a CPA, take your ethics exam and then you can try for the CPA exam. Most people break up the exam into two parts because the studying while working is intense.

I don't know if most people realize, but in my state being a CPA is under a "exempt" status, meaning no OT. My firm was kind to the staff I & staff II folks and gave them straight pay for their extra hours. The money comes in after a few years of hard work & promotions.

Good luck to your wives/gf's on this career. It's a hard one though, you spend a lot of time away from home.