Work Boots for UPS?

kingOFchester

Read a lot about ecco boots. Just got a pair, feel great out of the box. Will see how they do the 1st week. A few reviews found on the internet:
!CFdVhLwCWk~$(KGrHqN,!i0E1NUp0BpVBNVH8ynZeQ~~0_3.JPG

ECCO Coffee/Black Men's Track 5 Plain Toe High
"I am a UPS driver and hard on shoes. Ecco boots are all that I wear. I have gotten great use out of my last 3 pair. They are pricey but I think the expense is worth it in my line of work. You have to take care of your body and feet if you plan on having a long career as physically demanding as UPS. Ecco boots are very quick to break in, comfortable as house shoes and keep my feet warm and dry"

Amazon.com: Ecco Men's Track Iv Low Gore-Tex Low Boot: Shoes
A UPS driver my feet are one of the most important aspect that allow me to
execute my job. It is a steep price for ecco's are not cheap footware, but i
cant recommend these enough. Gor-tex allows you to perspire while keeping your
feet dry from wet conditions. The sole is thick and constucted to feel like you
dont even have any footware on.

Search - ecco track ii highnds
hands down the best work boot I've ever had. I'm a 25 year UPS driver and my 1st pair lasted 6 years. Just received my new pair (via UPS) and they feel great.

Ecco Track II High Men's Waterproof Boots Reviews | Buzzillions.com
"Worn to the extreme - I will start by saying I do not work for ECCO and am not a shoe salesman. I am a UPS driver and I guarantee, I put boots through the most extreme conditions

OutBlind

Ecco's are awesome for sure. The soles are latex that wears out pretty fast, maybe last me 6 months to a year. But so worth it since they are so comfortable.

They also look good :/

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
KOC--Sorry for the late reply. I love them! They aren't as heavy as I thought, they provide good traction with ankle support. I put in different shock absorbing insoles and they work wonders.

jedispork

I've worn redwing 606 boots for a while. The supersole 2.0 seems to last as long as the rest of the boot and is the reason I buy them. However even after breaking in I don't find them very comfortable. I've found a lot of comments in reviews and such about terrible ankle pain with red wings. I think its partly because a lot of their boots are unlined. They are quite painful after rubbing on your ankles all day. Also without the lining they move around on your foot a bit more even if you have the right size and they pull down my socks so they bunch up around my toes. I also think you give up some comfort for having a harder sole that lasts longer. I've had timberland and wolverine boots and they seem to be vastly more comfortable but don't last as long. I think having something more comfortable is the better choice even if you have to replace them more often. Maybe I would be happier if I found some lined red wing boots but my current ones are so miserable I don't feel like shopping there again. The ecco boots talked earlier look very comfortable but they are expensive and the reviews say the bottoms wear out very quickly. Anyone else out there had these issues with red wings?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Redwing 435 lined with a soft sole I wear no show socks and they are still comfortable. The or thing I don't like is that they can't be resoled. Switched this year to thorogood they make most the military boots. They are not too bad and are holding up better than the redwings but not near as comfy.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I just found this thread. If you wear sneakers you are not in compliance. Red Wing is the best way to go.

Red Wing shoes are nice, but I wouldn't pay their prices for a work shoe. You can find a good, sturdy work shoe for one-third or even one-fourth the cost that'll last just as long.