Work Boots

No Talent Clown

I know it is random....but what work boots do you drivers find to be the most comfortable and efficient in the winter months? Something sturdy, water resistent, comfy and light. Let me know your thoughts please?

mpeedy

wolverine durashock boots have been my favorite for years. they are good for walking and don't slip on wet surfaces as long as the tread is intact. my feet used to hurt all the time from walking but with wolverines I have minimal feet problems.

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
wolverine durashock boots have been my favorite for years. they are good for walking and don't slip on wet surfaces as long as the tread is intact. my feet used to hurt all the time from walking but with wolverines I have minimal feet problems.

I bought some wolverine multi-shocks last year and ruined them in the 5 months I drove. Granted I was running all day but they were expensive to have the sole wear out and the air bag things blown out too in a short time.

But my feet never hurt!

SmithBarney

I bought some wolverine multi-shocks last year and ruined them in the 5 months I drove. Granted I was running all day but they were expensive to have the sole wear out and the air bag things blown out too in a short time.

But my feet never hurt!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a pair of my boots last much longer
than 5-7 months at a time.

Buy a light hiking boot, it'll feel like a sneaker, thats my best suggestion
so far.. timberland doesn't make my current model boot
anymore so I'm in trouble.. LOL

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
I wear Dunham waffle stompers for local sort and they've lasted a year and half so far. They're extremely light and super comfortable. I'd recommend them to anyone. When it snows I wear my chippewa steel toes (not so comfortable) but the Dunhams are low tops. I beleive you can get them in high tops too, I just don't have them yet. When they finally do kick the bucket, I'll get them in high tops.

rod

Retired 22 years
After many pairs of boots I finally settled on just wearing a real light weight comfortable sneaker under a pair of cheap overshoes. By the time I retired half the other drivers were going the same route. It's nice to be able to shed the overshoes if the weather gets better in the afternoon or if you have a long drive back to the center at night.

browndude

i used to be an sas fan but i tried a pair of ecco boots and i will never go back they are 7 months old and still look new they cost a little more but my knees dont hurt anymore!!!

rngri4

I know it is random....but what work boots do you drivers find to be the most comfortable and efficient in the winter months? Something sturdy, water resistent, comfy and light. Let me know your thoughts please?

The best shoes I have found are Skechers, they are great, and I have had the same polishable pair for two years now, and they are still in great shape.

DorkHead

Good question. I guess it depends on where you work. I work in the Northeast and found that the best winter work boot are Rocky Eliminator II. They are extremely light, insulated with Thinsulate and waterproof with Gortex. They cost around $130.00 and worth it. I usually wear them from November to April and they last about 2 seasons.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Im from the Chicago area and snow can be treacherous, and I'm a Red Wings advocate, you get what you pay for. How much are your feet worth???

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
whatever pair is good for you buy 2 pairs and were em alt weeks but allways have the other pair with you with dry socks you wont be sorry dont waste $$ on spray on **** go heavy on the shoe poilsh each day that is the best to repel water and you look great at pcm lol worked for me 15 ne winters now i were slippers in a feeder good luck

DS

Fenderbender
Mr V are you in jail? Are you listening to Johnny Cash?
Is someone you know incarcerated in New Brunswick?
Did you get your boots from a guard?